• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Revealed Gen VII Pokémon discussion!

Favourite Alola Pokemon so far?

• Total voters
Nullifies means that a prority move like Quick Attack will totally miss(immunity) or will it only nullify the prority?
The video shows it off - Pikachu's Quick Attack is completely nullified, as in it can't be used at all.
How will Trick Room work with it? Will it nullify it effect?
Presumably it'll only affect increased priority moves like Shadow Sneak and Sucker Punch (two moves that would have been VERY good on the Pokémon that Dazzle is present on had it not been for the ability).
Will it go throug the "Shield" besed moves automatically, hitting the target?
I assume the ability only works on priority moves that directly target Pokémon with the Dazzle ability. The real question becomes this: Do moves that are affected by abilities like Prankster and Gale Wings get nullified by it?

I digress, though - there's an entire thread for the discussion of the ability itself.

the Battery ability only works on allies? I hoped for a boost for its moves or greater healing for itself. I hoped that if they ever create a bug hp snatch move (bug version of Leech Horn, stronger physical then Leech) then this work boost it somehow or work on the poke itself and not only in double battles.
Hope they will make no more moves that work only on alies , I would rather want to see more that alies+ a secret effect if 1vs1.

Last edited:
that new dragon can get an evolution and a third ability.
Hmm rock climb and Bounce(if its really based on the neverending story dragon) move would fit it?

that new dragon can get an evolution and a third ability.
Hmm rock climb and Bounce(if its really based on the neverending story dragon) move would fit it?
To me, the information we got on the official site seemed to imply it was a standalone Pokemon with no evos or pre-evos, but I could be wrong.

You could also say that Komala is standalone too from the info on the site, I think it's just too early to tell. Like we know Rockruff will evolve now, but not what into, and we also know Pikipek will evolve twice, but not what into. Maybe Drampa and Komala are both standalone? It would suit the former better though. I'd like Komala to evolve.

Komala will be interesting to use.
Hope it will have all the "sleep" based moves+Assist to make it powerfull.

Komala's info references its parents. That and the baby-like look suggests it evolves at least once.

Drampa seems like a standalone to me. It can potentially have a pre-evolution but it will definitely not evolve as it's already an elderly dragon.

Komala reminds me a bit of Pancham. I'm predicting it will evolve once.

I also think Rockruff will evolve just once. The site states "it leaves its Trainer’s side to evolve and returns again when fully evolved". I doubt it would spend its entire time as the middle form away from its trainer.

Bruxish could be like Basculin but I'm hoping for a better-looking evolution tbh.

So many new Pokemon! Summer's all about those huge news dumps and I''m loving these Pokemon!!

I have to say Cutiefly is my favorite of the bunch!! The name says it all; the thing is adorable AND a Fairy, at that~ Hoping it evolves into something awesome!!!

Drampa also looks like a cuddly thing and I like him, too~ Look so Chinese Dragon-esque and his typing and abilities are just so out there that he's another I'm really looking forward to!

Togedemaru is one I really would have expected to get a name change but it's fine with me, LOL~ I always love the Pikaclones and this one is pretty cute like the rest~ Wish it was a bit more unique in terms of body design, though; it looks so similar to Dedenne, who we just had~ But I love it's "Roly Poly" title and the typing and abilities are really nice so I'm anticipating it~

Charjabug is literally a battery so it's design is fine to me,, plus his ability seems really useful~ Vikavolt's design may need a bit of getting used to but it looks really cool and Levitate is a nice ability for it.

Komala is adorable, I expect his evolution will finally wake up based on the description of it always being asleep as a Komala~ Rockruff's description makes it sound as if it evolves at night, I'm curious if it does~ And I still find Yongoos hilariously cute~

Bruxish...isn't the cutest, but...Dazzling sounds interesting~ Can avoid Sucker Punch...yay...

Finally our deity Tapu Koko looks really cool!!! Would have never guessed it would be a Fairy, but this just makes me that much more excited to see it in game!!

Overall, the new Pokemon are great and I'm getting so much more exited at what else we have hidden away as of now! *w*

Poison/Fairy with Levitate. Strong special attack and special defense. Decent speed stat. Or it can be Poison/Fairy guardian with a Misty Terrain ability.

Sorry I'm late with all of this, but man did that new batch of Pokemon hype me up.

I really, really like Cutiefly. At first, when the leaks came, I thought it was Bug/Flying with some Fairy Type elements, but I was delighted when the official news came and it turned out to bee Bug/Fairy. Cutiefly's flavor text is also adorable, much like it's appearance. I wonder if it will learn Aura Sphere, given that it can sense auras?

In terms of evolution, I would think it'd end up having a "queen bee" sort of final evolution, but since bee flies are more insidious in that they're kinda parasites to a hive, probably not. I was thinking they could evolve into one of those scary Asian hornets, but that's a bit of a jump, too. It could evolve into a different bug, like a butterfly.

Anyways, all of these new Pokemon are good. I feel like they're doing more for the flavor text of their Dex entries. They feel longer.

Komala's info references its parents. That and the baby-like look suggests it evolves at least once.

115Kangaskhan.png

Or really any breedable single-stage Pokémon ever; a Zangoose's parents would generally be Zangoose.

more interesting is we got, what 18 pokes now? how many did we get in gen V or gen VI in the same amount of time?
what do you think, how many we will get this time?

Till now this gen looks fantastic, hope it gets even better.

more interesting is we got, what 18 pokes now? how many did we get in gen V or gen VI in the same amount of time?
what do you think, how many we will get this time?

I've whipped up a rough list; I may be missing some of the nuances, but this should at least give a broad idea. I wasn't actually around for the BW prerelease - but then again, their distribution model for game news has stabilized a LOT since then, so Gen V's rate of reveals probably isn't as relevant.

Gen VI Prerelease

January: Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Xerneas, Yveltal

February: Sylveon

April: Mega Mewtwo Y

May: Pancham, Helioptile, Fletchling, Gogoat

June: Noivern, Vivillon, Skrelp, Clauncher, Talonflame, Litleo, Flabébé, Scatterbug, Spewpa

July: Honedge, Pangoro, Swirlix, Spritzee, Inkay, Malamar, Trevenant* (Sort of - Trevenant was revealed only to certain audiences that saw the Genesect/Mewtwo movie; for most of the month, we had only the viewers' approximate drawings to go off of, until we got a clear view of Trevenant in a Japanese trailer at the end of the month, but it still lacked an official reveal)

August: [Mega Evolution, with Mega Mewtwo Y finally being identified], Mega Ampharos, Mega Lucario, Mega Blaziken, Mega Mawile, Mega Absol, Skiddo, Bunnelby, Dedenne, Mega Kangaskhan* (Revealed only at the VGCs; no official reveal for the public)

September: Mega Venusaur, Mega Charizard, Mega Blastoise, Furfrou* (Spotted in a split-second frame in a trailer and mistaken for a llama; no official reveal for the public until a little later in the month), Quilladin, Braixen, Frogadier, Mega Mewtwo X, Mega Garchomp, Tyrunt, Amaura, Meowstic, Pyroar, Tyrantrum, Aurorus, Doublade

October: Mega Charizard X, Slurpuff, Aromatisse, Mega Tyranitar, Mega Gengar, Mega Kangaskhan (official reveal), Mega Aggron, Chesnaught, Delphox, Greninja, Pumpkaboo, Noibat, Fletchinder, Diggersby, Heliolisk, Espurr, Floette, Carbink, Binacle, Clawitzer, Dragalge

(That's the official stuff, anyway - obviously in reality, XY leaked early and we had seen pretty much every new Pokémon and Mega Evolution by the time of the actual street date.)

Last edited:
a Zangoose's parents would generally be Zangoose.

So?

It's not like I've said it's impossible for a Pokemon to have parents of the same species. I said that the existence of info referring to parents (combined with the 'young animal' component and the general childlike look) suggests it evolves.

I thought this was a speculation thread.

I thought this was a speculation thread.

I never said it wasn't. And it's not as if *I've* said it's impossible for Komala to evolve; that wasn't what I was doing. I was bringing up a counterpoint to that speculation, saying that Komala being said to have parents doesn't suggest that they're a different evolutionary stage, because it can go absolutely either way. It's an inert term since "parents" in Pokémon can refer to more of the same species, or not, 50-50. And then I highlighted a major example of a Pokémon that does use the concept of parentage as a core part of its concept without illustrating it through evolutionary stages. So Komala looking young and having parents could just as easily not mean anything, like how Kangaskhan carrying its baby around doesn't give us a Kangaskhan pre-evolution.

That was my only point - that that stuff is a bit more ambiguous.

Back
Top Bottom