• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rocketshipping Club...!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's just about the most dramatic facepalm ever. I approve of this demotivational poster and salute you. X3

Now do some extra cute Rocketshippy ones. =D

Why am I still awake? Four parts out of seven or eight is quite enough for today... And by god, Snake, stop watching the bit where Meowth teases J&J about their relationship over and over again. Just because it's suddenly in Hebrew and it makes you feel warm and fuzzy and James sounds so cute when he's all "VERY FUNNY, REALLY, HOW ABOUT I PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE YOU MANGY FURBALL?! >:|" doesn't mean you should watch it so many times. Your brain. It will FRY.

Lolness well Snake I wish you best of luck to break out of the habit of watching the episodes with Meowth teasing Jessie and James about being together (besides it's just as funny as them accusing Ash and Misty beign together)

Lolness well Snake I wish you best of luck to break out of the habit of watching the episodes with Meowth teasing Jessie and James about being together (besides it's just as funny as them accusing Ash and Misty beign together)

Was the picture i posted the one you were looking for, Pikachu?

You should send that to Pokemopolis. :p
They're no longer bothering us, I think XD;

That's just about the most dramatic facepalm ever. I approve of this demotivational poster and salute you. X3
Thank you! <3

Now do some extra cute Rocketshippy ones. =D
I've made lame Rocketshippy banner! xD

Edit: Pff... it isn't showing... ok, I'll make it work tomorrow, now I need to sleep, seriously @.@

Why am I still awake? Four parts out of seven or eight is quite enough for today... And by god, Snake, stop watching the bit where Meowth teases J&J about their relationship over and over again. Just because it's suddenly in Hebrew and it makes you feel warm and fuzzy and James sounds so cute when he's all "VERY FUNNY, REALLY, HOW ABOUT I PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE YOU MANGY FURBALL?! >:|" doesn't mean you should watch it so many times. Your brain. It will FRY.
Wow, what did Meowth say about them? ^.^ *thinks* Wait, do you mean Pokemon 2000 scene? ;D

Ahahaha; I LOVE the new James demotivational poster. <3

Koji-Kun said:
You should send that to Pokemopolis. :p
Maybe they're not bothering us anymore, but still...XD
When Rocketshipping becomes canon (WHEN, not IF >=D), I just can't wait to rub their faces in it. WAHAHAHAHA!
Sorry, I got evil for a second there.

As for pikachu200's question, I think Rocketshipping was probably INTENDED to be more canon in the Kanto series, since no one knew Pokémon would go on for as long as it has, but nowadays I think it's just as canon and they're really playing up the Rocketshippy dynamic.
Which is FINE by me. <3 XD

When Rocketshipping becomes canon (WHEN, not IF >=D), I just can't wait to rub their faces in it. WAHAHAHAHA!

I'll rub it in EVERYONE's faces and say "I TOLD YOU SO" XD

Seriously. How can it NOT end up canon? I pity those who don't believe in it :p

Because no one has been able to give me his name. How can I even know if it's really a Pokemon writer if I don't know his name?

Blackjack has always given a name. I just don't remember it off the top of my head.

Looks like a date to me, if Nyasu weren't there. XD

Eating is not a date.

Well one could call it a hint although a very small one

Nor a hint.

Wow, what did Meowth say about them? ^.^ *thinks* Wait, do you mean Pokemon 2000 scene? ;D

Yup. Can't wait to see it Snake. :-D

I wanted to make a point I overlooked earlier....

ShinyAeon said:
...if really committed non-canon shipping fans have taught us anything, it's that you can put a shippy interpretation on ANYthing if you try hard enough...why not use this power for good? Heh.

Because that kind of thinking is dumb and pointless. It shows the ship doesn't have many legs to stand on.

Not if your ship is already on a solid foundation of good hints, and you're only using the Shippy Interpretation Hypothesis to keep your spirits up during a dry spell or smooth a continuity error. That's just called "tweaking." ;-)

It's when your entire ship consists of tweak-level interpretations of a handful of questionable "hints" that it becomes dumb and pointless....^^;

~~~~~

On bike gang and continuity: gangs are rarely full-time activities, and J&J don't have to have been members for more than three-four months (say, one full summer).

Though I'm okay with them not remembering/recognizing each other in the HoSo. Either that, or they didn't want Drill Sergeant Viper, or Meowth, knowing they had a history together....

Hmmm...the very first story I tried to write for Pokemon was a "continuity fix" for the Rockets. Maybe I should try to dust that off and see if it has any merit...

~~~~~

I keep forgetting how weird the first few episodes are. And they're even weirder in Japanese.

That cherry blossom stuff is really Japanese, in the talking-about-something-by-talking-about-something-else thing...I wonder if they were riffing on lines from an old play or something...?

I'm lazy? :p Naw, it's actually just that drawing goes smoother for me than writing. I love writing and some of the stuff I've written makes ME squee (and it's hard to make me squee over stuff I've made, mind you), but... it just doesn't flow as well as it should.

You know, writing is kind of like playing an instrument...the solution is to practice until it starts to come smoother. ;-)

I write a bit and then I get stuck on phrasing and can't continue.

*nods* I have that same problem...it's from trying to edit as you compose.

Some hints for getting past that, spoilered for my usual off topicness....

The trick (which I'm still trying to get down) is to set up a "first draft mode" in your mind where you take your "inner editor" offline (or just put it in its Pokeball, lol) and just keep going - if you get stuck on a phrase, you put something in brackets, so you know to come back to it later and come up with a better word or phrase. (It's something like those "author's notes" some fanwriters use, except meant for yourself and only while the story's in progress (an "A/N" in a finished story makes me want to chew my own eyebrows off...)).

Like this, maybe:

"The door opened, revealing a dark and [spooky and not very welcoming] hallway."

You know you want a word that gives the impression that means kind of spooky and kind of unfriendly, but "unfriendly" itself sounds too bland - so instead of going nuts and stopping over that one phrase, you plug in the first thing that pops to mind as a kind of "placeholder" and go on writing.

Later you turn your inner editor back on and do your obsessing - check thesaurus sites, try out different versions, read it out loud to see how it "sounds," etc - but you've got to do your best to ignore your editor-self while you're drafting the first version.

It's because editing requires you to think critically, but writing requires you to think creatively. You can't do both at the same time because, critical thinking is the fastest way to kill creativity. (Who wants to think up a new idea if it's going to get criticized right off?)

Writing pieces of your first draft is a little like brainstorming - you have to get the ideas down, even if they seem stupid or cliche, because often our stupid or cliche ideas are almost what we want and work well enough for the moment - the important part is to keep the flow going, because that "state of mind" is the hardest to reproduce at will.

The other thing to do is to keep writing even when your inspiration feels like it's just run dry - often it's not dry, it's just a little clogged, and forcing it out for ten minutes will blow the clog out and start it flowing again - like revving your engine to keep your car from stalling.

Now if you get to a certain point and stall, not because of a tricky word or phrase, but because you don't know what should happen next at all, it's usually a plot structure problem, and that's a whole different matter with different solutions, and darned if I'll digress from a digression.

One last note - it's hard to shut your inner editor up entirely, so don't try. (Besides, you'll need it later - lest you end up like Cori Falls....:shudder:) You're more likely to keep it quieter if you try to politely "set it aside" until you're done composing, kind of like "Thanks, but hold that thought, I'll get back with you in a little bit" or something. (Politeness counts, even when you're talking to yourself. ;-))

Oh, and, I came up with "The door opened, revealing a dark and foreboding hallway." How 'bout you?

~~~~~

Omg, I thought there was something wrong with "anti-rocketship" part xD

It's a fan term, so the rules are idiosyncratic (fancy word for: people make them up as they go :lol:) but I've definitely seen it used like that before.

And again, excellently done. :)

~~~~~

Eating is not a date.

PFFFFT SAYS WHO? You always go out to eat on dates!! And they were at a cute lookin place :p

On bike gang and continuity: gangs are rarely full-time activities, and J&J don't have to have been members for more than three-four months (say, one full summer).

Thats what i was thinking. They could have been in the game for only a few weeks, even. XD

That cherry blossom stuff is really Japanese, in the talking-about-something-by-talking-about-something-else thing...I wonder if they were riffing on lines from an old play or something...?

I thought "the cherry blossoms fall" is the same as the American saying "The Fat Lady Sings" ...it makes sense.

I've made something similar, with Kojiro xD
gayjames.jpg
Haha, I love that! I call everyone who thinks James is gay just a 4Kids dub watcher. Because it's true :-D I actually want someone to ask me that "why do I like Rocketshipping even though James is gay" because I could just pwn them all.

DarkBlastoise, nothing in that movie was shippy.

Here's a better quality version of the pic:

hoso_dirty-1.jpg

PFFFFT SAYS WHO? You always go out to eat on dates!! And they were at a cute lookin place :p

Because everyone has to eat, and it's not like they were there by choice.

Still love that hentai face. ;-)

15db960.jpg

I tried to draw them in Tamagawa style. ^^ Do you think they look okay...? (Musashi was from reference, but Kojiro was mostly from memory)

Ahahaha; I LOVE the new James demotivational poster. <3
Hehehe, thanks XD

Well, when Rocketshipping becomes canon, I'll definitely feel proud and gain A LOT of satisfaction ("Now I can die happy, haha"), but I don't think that rubbing it in everyone's faces would be low... not as if I'd feel sorry for Anti-Rocketshippers (what for? xD;), but you know, not only it wouldn't be necessarry, since ALL people who watch the show will know about it nevertheless, but coming into someone else's forum randomly and being all "Ha! See it? I told you so!" would be little childish to me...
But in case, if someone annoyed me with Anti-Rocketshipping/JIG stuff, I'd have no mercy XD

But yeah, I'll surely go crazy so much, that I'd want all world to know about it XD Like spamming all my personal spaces in the Internet with pictures and write REALLY long summary about Rocketshipping. I'll definitely need to express my hapiness :crush:

As for pikachu200's question, I think Rocketshipping was probably INTENDED to be more canon in the Kanto series, since no one knew Pokémon would go on for as long as it has, but nowadays I think it's just as canon and they're really playing up the Rocketshippy dynamic.
Which is FINE by me. <3 XD
Well, Rocketshipping's future was very questionable during Jouto/Pokemon AG, I admit... They may have gotten less physical in Pokemon DP than in Kanto, but their psychical bond is stronger now, so I think that the future is bright! ^.^

Seriously. How can it NOT end up canon? I pity those who don't believe in it :p
It's so obvious that they must be blind to not see it :p

Shiny Aeon said:
Well, it's just that the Japanese generally love their references to cherry blossoms, especially when they're mentioning transcience of things... But yeah, it has its origins in classic Nara literature, like Man'yōshū (many tanka is about sakura...).

It's a fan term, so the rules are idiosyncratic (fancy word for: people make them up as they go :lol:) but I've definitely seen it used like that before.

And again, excellently done. :)

Yeah, but... it didn't look like a date at all, even if they were at such cute looking place :p I've been out eating with my male friends multiple times and I've never considered it a date. Eating out together doesn't always mean a date xD; Once I was out to eat with a guy that I was in love with, but still I wasn't like "Wooo, I'm on a date!" at all xD;

I thought "the cherry blossoms fall" is the same as the American saying "The Fat Lady Sings" ...it makes sense.
What do you mean, the same?

Haha, I love that! I call everyone who thinks James is gay just a 4Kids dub watcher. Because it's true :-D I actually want someone to ask me that "why do I like Rocketshipping even though James is gay" because I could just pwn them all.
Yeah, hence why I used his dub name instead of original XD

hoso_dirty-1.jpg
Still not the best quality, but I'll try my best... Thank you :*

Because everyone has to eat, and it's not like they were there by choice.
QFT.

15db960.jpg

I tried to draw them in Tamagawa style. ^^ Do you think they look okay...? (Musashi was from reference, but Kojiro was mostly from memory)
Adorable, especially Kojiro :)

Last edited:
I've made something similar, with Kojiro xD
gayjames.jpg
;-)

That's win, jessierocketka! x3

hoso_dirty-1.jpg

:crush:

That's too hott!... *melts*

15db960.jpg

I'd say so,

(you did great with the noses!) but you can't really tell until it's finished being colored. ^^; (You can really tell Tamagawa's style by the way he shade's their hair...<3)

...and maybe slightly more detail to the eyes, but otherwise your on track Meron ;]

Last edited:
Yeah, but... it didn't look like a date at all, even if they were at such cute looking place :p I've been out eating with my male friends multiple times and I've never considered it a date. Eating out together doesn't always mean a date xD; Once I was out to eat with a guy that I was in love with, but still I wasn't like "Wooo, I'm on a date!" at all xD;

Well, like i said, if Nyasu wasn't there... a guy and a girl with obvious feelings for each other eating at such a cute place~ i can't help but see it. :p If i were to go eating with a guy friend, it'd probably be at Pizza Hut or something. XDD Not anywhere that cute :p

15db960.jpg

Most defenetly it really looks like them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom