• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rocketshipping General Discussion

The entire 2nd half of DP is subbed and out there
Thank you so much!
I only vaguely remember that Perap one though. What did TPCI allegedly do?
They had Officer Jenny say Jessie,James,and Meowth were unlike any Team Rocket members she'd ever encountered. That's so true!
I think in 20 years Musashi has crushed on/talked about <10 guys, only 2 since XY 63, so I think it's a bit much to call her the next Takeshi!
Yeah you're right. I'm sorry. I haven't seen every episode but the three times(Does Dustox's goodbye count?)I've seen it before XY 63,it wasn't pushed to the point where she had hearts in her eyes so it feels off for me a bit.
What do you think?
I've thought of two different scenarios. One had a plot revolving around the baby Lugia from the Johto three parter,an amulet,and a world destroying threat,the one I never finished had Musashi,Kojiro,and Nyasu playing parent to and returning a baby Xerneas to it's home. The first one had many shippy moments,including a moment when Kojiro and Musashi were about to confess before the final battle for fear of possible death but are interrupted by other characters and a scene where Musashi and Kojiro temporarily die and their spirits are together. In the second,aside from Musashi and Kojiro acting like parents,there was a moment where the two were in an underground lagoon and racing each other by bouncing on giant mushrooms that turned purple whenever they landed on one together.

Last edited:
Yeah you're right. I'm sorry. I haven't seen every episode but the three times(Does Dustox's goodbye count?)I've seen it before XY 63,it wasn't pushed to the point where she had hearts in her eyes so it feels off for me a bit.
Fair enough. I guess both with Daigo and Olu'olu were both completely played for laughs, but even in OS she had some like that, like Dr Doku and the football boy she tried to get Metamon to clone into. By and large Musashi falling in love is a bit of a running gag (although used sparsely), but I think the take-home theme is that she is really looking to settle down with someone in the long term. IMO, the whole of that Dokucale's goodbye episode (especially the flashback which was done 100% in earnest) served to emphasise how important it is to her and how deep down she feels like she will never really get another chance.

but I think the take-home theme is that she is really looking to settle down with someone in the long term. IMO, the whole of that Dokucale's goodbye episode (especially the flashback which was done 100% in earnest) served to emphasise how important it is to her and how deep down she feels like she will never really get another chance.
Yeah. Interestingly,I think Bewear might be aware of that regarding she,Kojiro,and Nyasu are living in her(I get the feeling Bewear may be a girl)home. It just occured to me:does she see Musashi and Kojiro as siblings,as really close best friends,or as a couple?

Speaking of Bewear,I realized if this is the final generation,what a good time for Rocketshipping! The writers and animators don't have to worry about love being bad for kids and can be cute for Rocketshippers. I have two different scenarios.
Bewear's den (Drag it to a tab to see)
Another reason I made two of these is because I couldn't figure out how Hidoide would react if Rocketshipping becomes canon. Would she be one of those Kojiro's fangirls that hates Musashi's guts(as seen in picture 1)or would she be sad Kojiro's heart is not hers but be content that he is happy(as seen in picture 2)?

Last edited:
I think Kiteruguma feels rather motherly towards the TRio. I don't know what she thinks of Musashi & Kojiro's relationship but I feel like her timing during the baseball episode was pretty telling :p

Aww that's so funny/cute. As for Hidoide I think we'll have to wait and see... Apart from her first episode, she seems like quite a harmless gal!

It's frustrating that they're appearing so infrequently. I've enjoyed all their appearances in SM till now and I'd like to see more. The more slice-of-life-y feel seems pretty conducive to showing more of their relationship outside of their Rocket life!

It's frustrating that they're appearing so infrequently. I've enjoyed all their appearances in SM till now and I'd like to see more. The more slice-of-life-y feel seems pretty conducive to showing more of their relationship outside of their Rocket life!
Me too. I loved that beginning scene of 33 but that's their latest appearence. Hopefully since they own a darkium Z-crystal they will appear again in another episode that revolves around them and they'll have huge involvement when the Aether Foundation appears. Maybe their friend/chaperone,Handsome will appear again. Maybe Kojiro will save Musashi or vice versa. As for now,I imagine Musashi and Kojiro are sharing a meal of honey with each other.
I wonder if Takegami is still on the writing team.
Edit:I just rewatched that episode again and realized that when Musashi's rod is moving,Kojiro has the cutest smile on his face. Even if he's missing his iris,he's giving her this look like,"Yep. That's my girl.:)" Also in SM 25,Kojiro jumped in front of Musashi to protect her from a bite attack. In this episode Satoshi saves his hat and leaves Pikachu to be saved by Ashimari from Jaws. That's another point for Kojiro and Rocketshipping.

Last edited:
Aww that's so funny/cute. As for Hidoide I think we'll have to wait and see... Apart from her first episode, she seems like quite a harmless gal!
Thank you. Do you think I have Mimikyu in character? I really hope Hidoide is nothing like those fangirls because if she is,Musashi may have to start sleeping with one eye open.
I was going to add Kojiro protecting Musashi in SM 25 in the James hints on the Rocketshipping page but I don't know how to edit it. Do you know how?

Last edited:
Hopefully since they own a darkium Z-crystal they will appear again in another episode that revolves around them and they'll have huge involvement when the Aether Foundation appears. Maybe their friend/chaperone,Handsome will appear again. Maybe Kojiro will save Musashi.
I think there are a few potential TRio avenues which we'll hopefully get to explore at least some of, and which may possible give opportunities for Rocketshipping!:
- Kiteruguma's motivations
- Mimikyu's motivations
- Hidoide is surely going to evolve!
- I remember hearing about some sort of bottle cap quest in the games
- Nyasu vs Alolan Nyasu
- TRio vs Skull rivalry

And this is not to mention some of the unlikelier stories like return of Rumika/Musashi has another crush.
As for now,I imagine Musashi and Kojiro are sharing a meal of honey with each other.
And sharing the bed Kojiro promised to make for her ;):whistle:
I wonder if Takegami is still on the writing team.
Not according to the list of writers which TPCI has in its end credits :-( Hopefully he will reappear at some future point. I heard he was tied up in finishing of Naruto or some nonsense like that. According to Google that finished this spring so if we're lucky he's just having a holiday and will be back soon! But Jeska said he was old so it might be that he's retired... Heartbreaking if he never writes a Musashi episode again!!
Edit:I just rewatched that episode again and realized that when Musashi's rod is moving,Kojiro has the cutest smile on his face. Even if he's missing his iris,he's giving her this look like,"Yep. That's my girl.:)"
We've had a fair bit of that sort of thing since XY! I very much approve.
Thank you. Do you think I have Mimikyu in character?
Has it killed Nyasu in the first pic? :LOL:
I was going to add Kojiro protecting Musashi in SM 25 in the James hints on the Rocketshipping page but I don't know how to edit it. Do you know how?
It's been way too long, I can't remember I'm afraid! There should be instructions/people willing to help out though on the wiki bit of the forum (or even the wiki itself)? I'm going away for a bit but if you haven't sorted it out by the time I'm back I'll have a look too. I read the page from top to bottom a couple of weeks ago and it's a total shambles. I would love to give it a thorough cleaning up when there's time!

I found a really beautiful song that I think matches Kojiro's feelings in XY 63. It's called "Loving you Keeps me Alive." There is one singer in particular named James Barbour who does the song really well.

Last edited:
I'll have to be honest, I've never cared much for romantic Rocketshipping. I've always loved the deep platonic love these two have for each other but I've never thought of them together in a romantic sense. The romantic ship doesn't bother me all that much though because it's the only main character ship that doesn't involve literal children so it's not all that creepy when grown adults get invested in it.

I'll have to be honest, I've never cared much for romantic Rocketshipping. I've always loved the deep platonic love these two have for each other but I've never thought of them together in a romantic sense. The romantic ship doesn't bother me all that much though because it's the only main character ship that doesn't involve literal children so it's not all that creepy when grown adults get invested in it.
I also love their platonic relationship. I personally believe love starts with friendship after all. They're the only characters in the show I can think of that would calm down in the face of imminent death at the thought of being with each other again in the afterlife and they've been together longer than even Ash and Pikachu. I think most people on this thread would just be happy if they were sticking with each other when the show ends. Are you watching the new series?

Last edited:
I found a really beautiful song that I think matches Kojiro's feelings in XY 63. It's called "Loving you Keeps me Alive."
I get the theme but in all honesty I think that kind of possessiveness would be so OOC for Kojiro!
I'll have to be honest, I've never cared much for romantic Rocketshipping. I've always loved the deep platonic love these two have for each other but I've never thought of them together in a romantic sense.
Well I think that's the best bit, isn't it? You can hate the two as a romantic pairing but still appreciate that they have the closest and most enduring human relationship on the show.

In most things I stew in emotions, but about shipping I'm fairly practical. Their eternal partner bff status, sure, resonates with me on a human level. But shipping-wise the reason I back them is purely because:
1. We have been told that they're good characters really.
2. Ergo they will get a happy ending and not jail (like they arguably deserve).
3. Musashi has made it perfectly clear that her happy ending involves settling down with a man she loves.
4. Kojiro has made it perfectly clear that his happy ending involves Musashi.

In real life, if the Rockets' stories ever end, I would expect it to be left fairly open ended but at the very least they will be together. If there is to be any closure, this seems far more likely to me than most other routes.

all honesty I think that kind of possessiveness would be so OOC for Kojiro!
Yeah that was the one problem that made me freeze and wonder if this is the right song because Kojiro tried to let her go so she would be happy. I don't think the character who sung this would do that.

Edit:I rewatched Pokemon 3 and spotted some things I've never noticed before. One of them includes a brief blink and you miss it Rocketshippy moment where Musashi pushes Kojiro out of the path of Entei's fire blast right before Lizardon fights it. Also Jessie's last line for the film becomes a lot more poignant when you know her backstory(I use her English name here to show this was a dub line but I've just found out there's a subbed version so I'll watch that as soon as I can)

Last edited:
I had spare time today during animation camp so I tried to look up how to edit Bulbapedia pages. I did it! SM 25 is now an official hint!:D

Edit:My sister told me this hint means nothing because 'Jessie and James have probably jumped in front of each other multiple times." What do you think?

Last edited:
I could try to fix it. Incidently I was curious about that Latin America stuff too.

I haven't been able to find the subbed DP episodes 146,152,or Perap. All that comes up is the dub. I may have to end up taking drastic action and watching the dubbed 153 and Perap with a grain of salt and watching 146 on mute. Maybe it's because I've only vowed to watch only subs of TPCI's seasons about a month ago after reading the last thread and only noticing now that when the dub version comes out,the subs seem to almost disappear as if TPCI knows what they're doing and don't want people to be aware that there's a superior version. All this scares me for when SM 25 is dubbed. Will they ruin the very blatant message of friendship and unity within the TRio and change James protecting Jessie of his own free will into Jessie using him as a shield(they have 4Kids power of censoring now so it could happen)? What will it be like two generations from now when future Rocketshippers find this thread and learn what happened with an episode like this and search for the subbed version only to find that's it's been forced into oblivion by the dub that ruined it?

Last edited:
I do tend to do that. I'm also not sure if they've gotten better since DP but I know that during BW,they drained Jessie,James,and Meowth of their personalities and I watched a short clip of SM 3 to see how Mimikyu sounds like. James' voice does not fit this series at all,Wobbuffet very noticebly has a new voice actor,and Jessie and James insulted Meowth while trying to bring him back.(They must have loved episode 12)Most people however are concerned about the music and censoring. At least they had Meowth care when Bewear was taking Jessie and James away.

Just finished DP 146. I had this big smile on my face at that end scene with the TRio almost as big as theirs. It was so cute!

Somebody must hate our ship because somebody put an AntiRocketshippy hint where James whines that he's stuck with Jessie in the Rocketshipping page. I'm guessing this was put by somebody who watches the dub because TPCI don't seem to understand that DP 117 made it perfectly clear that if James wanted to leave her,he could but he doesn't want to. He wants to be her best friend,her confidant,her more than friend perhaps. Should I delete it?

Last edited:
Finished DP 153. Was Musashi messing with him when she said she wouldn't help him because she changed her mind so fast and had those blue swiggles when she turns back to him?(I have autism so I could totally be getting this wrong)I understand from the last thread we never saw Rumika chasing Kojiro and Nyasu get resolved. Is it bad to think Musashi might have saved them in a dramatic last minute sort of way like with Kojiro from the Metagross? Also I may be overthinking this a bit but isn't it a bit coincidental that Rumika appeared just after Kojiro said he didn't like balls and Kojiro's parents were watching the whole thing?Something about that look his parents exchanged makes me think they had it all planned out.

I had a dream last night. It was the episode where Victreebel was released. Jessie,James,and Meowth(They had the dub names for some reason but I haven't seen any subs of 4kids era so I don't know how different 4kids era Jessie,James,and Meowth are except for Kojiro isn't gay)were lost in the woods and Victreebel battled some wild pokemon and there was a logsman watching them. He offered to get them out in exchange for Victreebel. James obviously said no but Meowth translated that Victreebel agreed. When they're out of the woods,James and Victreebel had a heartfelt goodbye and the logsman gave James Weepinbelle. He left with Victreebel and James just stands there crying with Jessie wrapping her arms around him in an attempt of comfort. Then I woke up. I was wrapping my brain around it when I remembered that one of the directors said that Movie 20 is set in an alternate reality and there's many of them. That got me thinking what if all those out of character or extreme mode rocket episodes like Pop goes the Sneasel and the Victreebel episode take place in one of those alternate realities? I should get hit in the head more often.

SM 25 dub has aired. Good news:they kept our Rocketshippy moment! Bad news:They took out most of Musashi and Nyasu's friendshippy moments except for the end! At least Team Skull's okay. I won't understand why people have such a problem with finding subs instead of the dubs. Team Rocket and their friendship is more appealing and the Japanese voice acting is infinently better! I read about it on the last thread but to physically see it for myself just made me sick.

Last edited:
Some new SM episodes were announced and one of them was very interesting. It's a Team Rocket focused episode and it revolves around a certain Pokemon getting separated from a certain...red haired female? Possible Rocketshipping?

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom