• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rocketshipping General Discussion

Just finished DP 146. I had this big smile on my face at that end scene with the TRio almost as big as theirs. It was so cute!
I love that scene :) Actually, I love that whole episode. When it first aired, I remember how divisive it was and that we all got into a big fight because some people thought that Musashi asking Kojiro to do the contest for her (i.e. him not offering of his own accord) and him not being happy was unacceptable. Looking back, it seems even sillier because the episode is overall so wonderful! We have that lovely scene where she is ill and Kojiro is taking care of her and won't allow her to do the contest, a wonderful opportunity for Kojiro to shine and the warm gratitude Musashi expresses at the end of the episode!
Should I delete it?
If you're really bothered, but honestly I doubt anyone would even see it given the state of mess that page is in!
Finished DP 153. Was Musashi messing with him when she said she wouldn't help him because she changed her mind so fast and had those blue swiggles when she turns back to him?(I have autism so I could totally be getting this wrong)
Probably. I never read too much into that because it's obviously a setup to make him beg, and Musashi goes for the cosplay with as much gusto as Kojiro did just a few episodes earlier for her sake!
I understand from the last thread we never saw Rumika chasing Kojiro and Nyasu get resolved. Is it bad to think Musashi might have saved them in a dramatic last minute sort of way like with Kojiro from the Metagross?
You are allowed any headcanon you want although I prefer to think that if such a thing had happened we'd have been allowed to see it! :p
Something about that look his parents exchanged makes me think they had it all planned out.
Almost certainly.
That got me thinking what if all those out of character or extreme mode rocket episodes like Pop goes the Sneasel and the Victreebel episode take place in one of those alternate realities? I should get hit in the head more often.
I like the idea that all of Ohashi's episodes are from an alternative reality!! :LOL:
I won't understand why people have such a problem with finding subs instead of the dubs. Team Rocket and their friendship is more appealing and the Japanese voice acting is infinently better!
I too will never understand but that's the world for you!
Possible Rocketshipping?
We shall see...

When it first aired, I remember how divisive it was and that we all got into a big fight because some people thought that Musashi asking Kojiro to do the contest for her (i.e. him not offering of his own accord) and him not being happy was unacceptable.
I found the fact that he still did it and defeated a twerp for her and how proud of him Musashi was very sweet and very Rocketshippy.
Probably. I never read too much into that because it's obviously a setup to make him beg, and Musashi goes for the cosplay with as much gusto as Kojiro did just a few episodes earlier for her sake!
Alright. The fact that she turned around so quick was interesting for me,especially when I know she can be stubborn. I thought my autism was acting up during that moment.
I've managed to convince my little sister to watch SM episodes subbed with me and last night she tried to tell my brother,who's waiting for them to arrive on Netflix,not to watch SM 25 dubbed in vain. Then again he doesn't like Team Rocket so maybe subs won't change him.

You inspired me to make this Nighttime with Kiteruguma
I'm getting some Bambi vibes from Kiteruguma. I really hope it doesn't end up what I'm thinking because first,that episode would be banned,and I really don't want to see(or hear)two or three innocent Nuikoguma get killed. I hope if it ends up being canon,Musashi and Kojiro do something really sweet for Kiteruguma.

Last edited:
Hey, I haven't posted here in years, time to change that! Excuse me for not replying to everything though! XD;
Edit: Oh, I actually posted a year ago last time, so it's not so bad, lol.

Some new SM episodes were announced and one of them was very interesting. It's a Team Rocket focused episode and it revolves around a certain Pokemon getting separated from a certain...red haired female? Possible Rocketshipping?
Oh you know what I want to see? Musashi seeing Mimikkyu's true form and well... kinda dying? xD; Just temporarily of course, just because I want to see Kojiro's reaction to it! XD; We got to see Musashi and Kojiro worrying over Nyasu and that was super adorable! <3

I love that scene :) Actually, I love that whole episode. When it first aired, I remember how divisive it was and that we all got into a big fight because some people thought that Musashi asking Kojiro to do the contest for her (i.e. him not offering of his own accord) and him not being happy was unacceptable. Looking back, it seems even sillier because the episode is overall so wonderful! We have that lovely scene where she is ill and Kojiro is taking care of her and won't allow her to do the contest, a wonderful opportunity for Kojiro to shine and the warm gratitude Musashi expresses at the end of the episode!
Omg, you had to mention that fight XD; And I adore the ep a lot! I remember we were actually DREAMING that Musashi would faint and Kojiro would catch her and about that hug at the end too (it was more a friendshippy hug, but still! XD). And it turned out to be true! We got so much from this ep XD I still think that episode was very in character and it was needed to show Kojiro's character development. And see, how supportive for Musashi's goals Kojiro got afterwards? During Grand Festival and much later, during Tripokalon in XY? OMG, Kojiro cheering for Musashi in XY was the sweetest thing ever! <3 I had so many feels!

I like the idea that all of Ohashi's episodes are from an alternative reality!! :LOL:
Agreed, lol! XD

Me neither! But I'm glad you noticed the greatness that is the original version, TRNatalie! :D

Last edited:
But I'm glad you noticed the greatness that is the original version, TRNatalie! :D
Me too. They're my favorite characters and to find out what TPCI did just made me sick. For the longest time,I was wondering why people hated Team Rocket when they brought me into the series or why people forget Musashi/Jessie has a good heart and cares about her Pokemon almost as much as Kojiro does. Now I have kind of an idea thanks to these threads and you guys.
Oh you know what I want to see? Musashi seeing Mimikkyu's true form and well... kinda dying? xD; Just temporarily of course, just because I want to see Kojiro's reaction to it! XD;
She did get hugged by Kiteruguma in SM 14 and was gone in SM 15. Kojiro could have reacted to something during that time and no,TPCI and Anti-Rocketshippers,it isn't by celebration! If she died,he'd be so devastated,we'd need a new word to describe it.

Last edited:
I just finished watching DP 117 subbed. First I found it ironic a break up episode happened right after one where Musashi and Kojiro were working on saving Nyasu. Second,the scene of Musashi saving Kojiro is much better in the Japanese version with the exception of the scream in the dub but that may be because I had the episode on the lowest volume I could hear. Third,holy Miltank those guys were smiling when they said Musashi would be crushed! Either they're MusalinaxRandom guy with R on chest shippers or they are maniacs! Fourth,the afterlife line!!!!!!!! I called over my little sister to see that part and she was silent then said she wasn't into shipping and walked away.

Last edited:
You inspired me to make this Nighttime with Kiteruguma
I'm getting some Bambi vibes from Kiteruguma. I really hope it doesn't end up what I'm thinking because first,that episode would be banned,and I really don't want to see(or hear)two or three innocent Nuikoguma get killed. I hope if it ends up being canon,Musashi and Kojiro will do something really sweet for Kiteruguma.
Aww that's a cute picture. I also feel that Kiteruguma may have a similar kind of story to this, although I doubt that it would be that horrific (Pokemon has limits to everything!) I'd love for Kiteruguma to get an episode to itself soon though.
Oh you know what I want to see? Musashi seeing Mimikkyu's true form and well... kinda dying? xD; Just temporarily of course, just because I want to see Kojiro's reaction to it! XD; We got to see Musashi and Kojiro worrying over Nyasu and that was super adorable! <3
NGL, but I have been hoping for this scenario since SM 3/4 were aired! :p I suspect it's probably too much to hope for though.
Omg, you had to mention that fight XD; And I adore the ep a lot! I remember we were actually DREAMING that Musashi would faint and Kojiro would catch her and about that hug at the end too (it was more a friendshippy hug, but still! XD). And it turned out to be true! We got so much from this ep XD I still think that episode was very in character and it was needed to show Kojiro's character development. And see, how supportive for Musashi's goals Kojiro got afterwards? During Grand Festival and much later, during Tripokalon in XY? OMG, Kojiro cheering for Musashi in XY was the sweetest thing ever! <3 I had so many feels!
I just rewatched the episode because it's been so many years. The one thing that struck me was that it was completely a Hikari focussed episode, with Kojiro's entry being a B plot - I don't remember it like that at all!! I guess I was so carried away by the TRio story in it that I just didn't notice or something!! And secondly, I was struck by how she said the line "I love you, ribbon-chan!" Like come on Musashi :p We are so on to you - that is NOT who your love is directed at right now!

The Tripokalon arc was so lovely for them, wasn't it? Kojiro's cheering was above and beyond required - it felt like the rightful successor to the progress made in DP re contests, especially after she lost at the Master Class and she thanked them & they glomped her! *sigh* That was probably the highlight of XY for me.

Also, have you seen this year's movie? Anything noteworthy for our babies or is their presence really as pathetic as Dogasu & others have made it sound?
She did get hugged by Kiteruguma in SM 14 and was gone in SM 15.
I think we were meant to assume that as it was a hug given out of affection that she was ok!

Aww that's a cute picture. I also feel that Kiteruguma may have a similar kind of story to this, although I doubt that it would be that horrific (Pokemon has limits to everything!) I'd love for Kiteruguma to get an episode to itself soon though.
Thank you. I was trying to do a scenario where they were asleep and snuggling together as their adoptive mother,Kiteruguma watches over them(even tucking them in). While I do know Pokemon has it's limits,I remember SM 21,the Team Galactic and Team Flare arc and then movies like The Land Before Time,the Lion King,and Bambi and remember that they're all rated G or as it's known nowadays all ages or for really young kids so while Kiteruguma's cubs may still be alive,she might have lost her mother. They have to give Kiteruguma an episode devoted to her,she's Jesus bear!
she thanked them & they glomped her!
I missed the episode but I saw that scene online and thought that was adorable. I love how she acts all annoyed but I bet she was feeling all fuzzy inside.
I think we were meant to assume that as it was a hug given out of affection that she was ok!
I know Kiteruguma would never intentionally kill her. Maybe Musashi was a little hurt but nothing Team Rocket can't handle.

I'm watching the Ghost of Maiden's Peak right now. It's split in two parts and on the second half,most of the comments are focused on this one part where Musashi is shaking Kojiro and pointing out the two are in a very explict position. Also I love how,in the dub,she says she didn't save Kojiro because of him but she tried to save him earlier in the episode when he fell off the cliff. Yeah,something tells me you didn't shoot a ghost with a bazooka just because you're disgusted with the love life of a ghost that's rocketnapping your best friend,Musashi.

Last edited:
I love how she acts all annoyed but I bet she was feeling all fuzzy inside.
I think it's pretty obvious that she is :) I wonder whether the seiyuus improv'd that last bit of dialogue? There are no mouth flaps and that bit just sounded so much more genuine than most of their other conversations in XY which were kind of clunky & flat (as if the writers forgot how to write them after BW...)
I'm watching the Ghost of Maiden's Peak right now. It's split in two parts and on the second half,most of the comments are focused on this one part where Musashi is shaking Kojiro and pointing out the two are in a very explict position. Also I love how,in the dub,she says she didn't save Kojiro because of him but she tried to save him earlier in the episode when he fell off the cliff. Yeah,something tells me you didn't shoot a ghost with a bazooka just because you're disgusted with the ghost that's rocketnapping your best friend,Musashi.
That's one of my favourite episodes! I rewatched it subbed a year/two ago and was taken aback by the scene before the bazooka, when Kojiro is also being drawn into the ghost against his will. He is outraged that the ofuda they stuck on him were the freebie ones which is why he's being dragged away, which triggers Musashi to ask for the first time if he really doesn't want to go with the ghost and he's like "Aren't you and me a team? I don't want to part!" (or something along those lines) and ONLY THEN does Musashi understand that he would rather be with her than some effing ghost!

It just threw me back to that bewildering scene in DP 117 where she suggests that getting married to Rumika would make him more fulfilled than he was in their present circumstances. It's so sad that she thinks he would find being with a ghost or the childhood tormentor he ran away from home to escape from preferable to being with her.

That's one of my favourite episodes! I rewatched it subbed a year/two ago and was taken aback by the scene before the bazooka, when Kojiro is also being drawn into the ghost against his will. He is outraged that the ofuda they stuck on him were the freebie ones which is why he's being dragged away, which triggers Musashi to ask for the first time if he really doesn't want to go with the ghost and he's like "Aren't you and me a team? I don't want to part!" (or something along those lines) and ONLY THEN does Musashi understand that he would rather be with her than some effing ghost!

It just threw me back to that bewildering scene in DP 117 where she suggests that getting married to Rumika would make him more fulfilled than he was in their present circumstances. It's so sad that she thinks he would find being with a ghost or the childhood tormentor he ran away from home to escape from preferable to being with her.
The Ghost of Maiden's Peak is the first Kanto episode I ever saw. I'm actually surprised it wasn't banned considering that Musashi uses a gigantic gun to save Kojiro. In the dub,he says "Of course I don't want to go! I don't want to go"and repeats until he's saved. I'm curious on what he says in the original version when he's only a meter away from the ghost. I love his expression when she does save him. Does he say "You really DO care!" in the original version or was that a dub line? The line you mention and the 117 fiancee line makes me feel so bad for Musashi. It's as if she's read some of the comments written about her. Don't worry Musashi,we like you and so does Kojiro!

Anyone else hoping for some of the imagery in this episode like the skull ghosts appear again? It would be awesome and really sweet if Musashi and Kojiro got surrounded by them and are hugging each other and admit their feelings like "Kojiro if this is the end I just want you to know that I'm glad you're my friend and I'm grateful to have known you." "I'm grateful to you too Musashi. A life without you is incomplete,worse than a thousand Thunderbolts and Rumikas." "If we die now,let's stay together." "Forever!" Both close their eyes. Maybe for the finale.

Last edited:
(it was more a friendshippy hug, but still! XD)
Wait she hugged Nyasu too? I thought Musashi on the previous thread said she only hugged Kojiro. It looked like she hugged them both when I watched it but I didn't have the episode on full screen.
NGL, but I have been hoping for this scenario since SM 3/4 were aired! :p I suspect it's probably too much to hope for though.
Even if it doesn't happen in the upcoming episode,I heard there was a Totem Mimikyu. Maybe it could reveal it's true form to Team Rocket(Extra points to the animators if it's the ghouls from Maiden's Peak)and this scenario could happen(Hidoide and our Mimikyu could beat it up worse than Totem Ratta.)
(as if the writers forgot how to write them after BW...)
So they were like that in the original version too? I thought that was just the dub.

Last edited:
I just remembered reading about a rumor that Vicious(I love that name by the way!)/Iron Masked Marauder was the future descendent of Musashi and Kojiro so their son. Did anyone go into Pokemon 4ever thinking that and what was your reaction to him rocketnapping Musashi? I saw the movie before hearing that and when I did I was a bit creeped out but not as much as I was when I found out he fell in love with her.O_O He's at the youngest 34 and Musashi is at the youngest 17! Also I'm surprised I don't see him much in the fandom,even among other Rocketshippers. I mean,he is the first truly evil villain in the movies and he rocketnapped Musashi so you could easily make him a really interesting opponent for Kojiro.

Last edited:
Wait she hugged Nyasu too? I thought Musashi on the previous thread said she only hugged Kojiro. It looked like she hugged them both when I watched it but I didn't have the episode on full screen.
It wouldn't make sense if she only hugged Kojiro.She thanked them both and they both deserved that hug. The animation was a bit off, but it was pretty obvious she hugged them both. Now that a lot of time has passed since the episode, it's easier to put the shipping glasses away.

I just remembered reading about a rumor that Vicious(I love that name by the way!)/Iron Masked Marauder was the future descendent of Musashi and Kojiro so their son. Did anyone go into Pokemon 4ever thinking that and what was your reaction to him rocketnapping Musashi? I saw the movie before hearing that and when I did I was a bit creeped out but not as much as I was when I found out he fell in love with her.O_O He's at the youngest 34 and Musashi is at the youngest 17! Also I'm surprised I don't see him much in the fandom,even among other Rocketshippers. I mean,he is the first truly evil villain in the movies and he rocketnapped Musashi so you could easily make him a really interesting opponent for Kojiro.
The thing you're talking about is so... 15 years old and has never been true from the beginning. It's just that whoever wrote an official storyline explanation on the english movie's page, apparently dreamed something and called him a future descendant of James and Jessie. But by no means that's canon even in the dub, because there was no mention of that in the movie. But even if there was, it would never have been canon anyway xP Just 4Kids' headcanon.

Oh man! I just saw the preview! Kojiro looks so worried! I'm bouncing all over and not just because of that moment! :D!
Well he better be worried xD I hope for some Rocketshipping in this ep <3

Edit: Did I do something wrong?
Huh?

The thing you're talking about is so... 15 years old and has never been true from the beginning.
I knew it had to be a rumor when I first saw it (He doesn't look like them at all and why would he kidnap his mom?!). I guess the person who wrote the synopsis of the movie on Netflix was a Rocketshipper.

Last edited:
She thanked them both and they both deserved that hug. The animation was a bit off, but it was pretty obvious she hugged them both.
I really thought she did hug them both. I think it's pretty cute and sweet that both of them got it though.

Edit: If I'm doing something wrong, please let me know. I feel as if I may be chasing you guys away.

Last edited:
In the dub,he says "Of course I don't want to go! I don't want to go"and repeats until he's saved. I'm curious on what he says in the original version when he's only a meter away from the ghost. I love his expression when she does save him. Does he say "You really DO care!" in the original version or was that a dub line?
1. "Ah, wait, thats--" - never given that line any thought but just now seeing the scene I'm wondering if that line is because he sees Musashi about to shoot the bazooka and thinks it's aimed at him?! :p Either way, an inconsequential line.
2. "That was Musashi's...!" Musashi's what? God knows but it's a very cute line delivery and followed by:
"Don't misunderstand." so it's clearly on the table as to what this could have been interpreted as!!

All episodes are better for Rockets in the original version, but this one is up there. I'd recommend seeing it subbed.
It would be awesome and really sweet if Musashi and Kojiro got surrounded by them and are hugging each other and admit their feelings like "Kojiro if this is the end I just want you to know that I'm glad you're my friend and I'm grateful to have known you." "I'm grateful to you too Musashi. A life without you is incomplete,worse than a thousand Thunderbolts and Rumikas." "If we die now,let's stay together." "Forever!" Both close their eyes. Maybe for the finale.
Isn't this more-or-less exactly the dialogue in DP117?! We don't need to wait for any finale!
So they were like that in the original version too? I thought that was just the dub.
Sadly not.
Musashi is at the youngest 17!
FYI Musashi is ~25yo.
Well he better be worried xD I hope for some Rocketshipping in this ep <3
Kojirou's worried face in the preview is just squeeish! It gave me the same feeling as when I saw the scene of him running in the XY 63 preview - I almost don't care about any other part of the episode because of it lol. Really hope we at least get some decent amount of concern shown for her wellbeing if nothing more! Do you think we can hope for anything more?...
I guess the person who wrote the synopsis of the movie on Netflix was a Rocketshipper.
Lol what?! What does the Netflix synopsis say?!
Edit: If I'm doing something wrong, please let me know. I feel as if I may be chasing you guys away.
No not at all! I've been absent because I've just started a new job with quite long hours so I'm still trying to balance my time. Keep posting :)

All episodes are better for Rockets in the original version, but this one is up there. I'd recommend seeing it subbed.
I'll try.
Isn't this more-or-less exactly the dialogue in DP117?! We don't need to wait for any finale!
Technically yeah with the last two.
FYI Musashi is ~25yo.
I found that out recently. Actually her and Kojiro's age have officially been stated on Bulbapedia but for the longest time I thought they were teenagers. Then again I did read the novelizations that Tracey West wrote based on episodes in the dub where Jessie and James are called teenage and Bulbapedia didn't confirm it until earlier this year. And here I was thinking I was the same age as them. Nope, 8 years too young. Guess I'm still a Mondo not that that's a problem.
I almost don't care about any other part of the episode because of it lol. Really hope we at least get some decent amount of concern shown for her wellbeing if nothing more! Do you think we can hope for anything more?...
That look on his face has me really excited and I'm really hoping this is the episode that gets it through to people that Musashi loves her Pokemon almost as much as Kojiro does. That's just one reason Kojiro prefers her over Rumika! He has to be either very worried about her or, in worst case scenario about Kiteruguma, but considering Mimikyu and Musashi are the focus, I don't think we're going to get Kiteruguma's backstory yet. Maybe when Musashi gets back to him, they can share a hug.
Lol what?! What does the Netflix synopsis say?!
Something about Celebi...time travel..."pursued by the future descendent of Jessie and James," so Netflix implies Vicious is their son or grandson. I feel bad for any Rocketshippers who went into this movie for the first time after seeing that considering what he does to Musashi in the final third(which makes the age West pushed a bit more creepy if Vicious has a canon liking of her.) (I got lucky and didn't see this synopsis until much later after I watched the movie and naively shook it off as a thing to make Team Rocket look bad.)
No not at all! I've been absent because I've just started a new job with quite long hours so I'm still trying to balance my time. Keep posting :)
Oh congratulations! I will.

Last edited:
He has to be either very worried about her or, in worst case scenario about Kiteruguma but considering Mimikyu and Jessie are the focus, I don't think we're going to get Kiteruguma's backstory yet. Maybe when Musashi gets back to him, they can share a hug.
I don't think he's calling out for Kiteruguma when Musashi is still missing! A reuniting hug would be lovely! I can't remember any since DP.
Something about Celebi...time travel..."pursued by the future descendent of Jessie and James," so Netflix implies Vicious is their son or grandson.
LOL. Netflix summaries are so bad that it's not altogether surprising that they picked up that one bit of misinformation I suppose!

Just finished watching The Ghost of Maiden's Peak subbed. Here's my main Rocketshippy thoughts in the order they appeared;

The cliff scene. First, I can't believe Stuart missed out on a scream. Second I might think the dub was a little cuter with how he called for her. I'm not sure why Musashi grabs him before saying "Very well," here, she already grabbed him. Third, Nyasu what?! "They won't die until they die?" I think you've fallen from higher than that cliff.
Is that Kojiro's rose Musashi's holding during the motto? I've never thought to ask that before until now.
"What were you doing?" Musashi's basically asking him if he was with someone else here.
"It can't stay like this." Even Satoshi agrees, no Brocketshipping. :LOL:
Ever since my first viewing, this part always confused me because of Jessie saying in the beginning "We don't have a cent." Why are you getting mad at them James? Your only kind of currency got taken by the police officer! They got the freebies because that was all they could get for you! Here Musashi says "We can't afford any better," implying they have currency so they could actually have bought the ofuda which makes more sense. Also Musashi thinks he would rather be mummified than be with her. That Kojiro would rather have all of his internal organs removed than be with her.:cry:
"Ah, wait, thats--" - never given that line any thought but just now seeing the scene I'm wondering if that line is because he sees Musashi about to shoot the bazooka and thinks it's aimed at him?!
Yeah I think that might have been his mindset. Wonder why he thinks that. I like Musashi's dialogue when she saves him in the subbed version more.
"That was Musashi's...!" Musashi's what? God knows but it's a very cute line delivery and followed by: "Don't misunderstand." so it's clearly on the table as to what this could have been interpreted as!!
My best guess is he was thinking his thoughts aloud which might have been "That was Musashi's intention! *Insert shippy thoughts here* until Musashi speaks up after which Nyasu seems to not understand what she's talking about. Neither does the Ghost but considering what he said in that subbed scene of 2000, I think it's implying something shippy.

Last edited:
Were Shudo and Takegami close friends at the time?
I don't think we know anything about their personal relationship but they clearly shared some views about who their favourite characters were! Nevertheless, Kojiro's backstory would already have been concocted by Shudo I should have thought.
Wonder why he thinks that.
I suppose if your crazy best friend who thinks you'd rather spend eternity with a ghost than her aims a bazooka right at you... :p

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom