• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rocketshipping General Discussion

Dub hints aren't real hints, as they aren't canon... But it's fun to know that translators are shipping them too! :D Like when Musashi said "we got some action into this bedroom too" in the Finnish dub of EP002. Sadly, the new dub is more anti-shippy than WrongRocketshippy, and my country follows Zoppi's anti-Musashi shenanigans way too much... But maybe the other languages are luckier.

Finnish dub gets really into it like the quote you posted. I'll look for more Shippy translations, I'm sure there are more.

Nah, I don't think that cap is very shippy. They're just looking at each other mischievously, and they do that all the time when they're plotting something. The first physical shippyness was in episode 4 when they fell asleep on each other, and the first hug was in the Nibi gym episode.
What about bumping their butts together in episode 3? xD

Why am I not surprised? Kojiro has always gotten too much attention, in my opinion, for his crossdressing. I hope I'm not the only one who thinks he didn't like it and only did it because Musashi ordered him too. That might explain the relative lack of it, he finally put his foot down and refused to put on a dress again. And yet, if it will really help Musashi out...
Well, all that crossdressing was just a joke in the first place, so there's no reason to look deep to it. The Japanese knew that his crossdressing was considered controversial outside of Japan, so they stopped it, simply. It's never been their intention to show that Kojiro's gay.

I feel like posting a cap again:
TR-GoodniteSleep.png

I wish the animators would throw us a bone and give us something like that again. They're so adorable when they're sleeping! ^_^

Jeska said:
It was in that episode? I only remember them having very little screentime and looking hilarious when laughing at Caterpie.

Anyone have an idea for a new topic? I would love to speculate on stuff!

I originally posted this here:

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showpost.php?p=1461367&postcount=210

From Pokemon Shipwreck ~

Jessie: To protect the world from devastation...
James: To unite all peoples within our nation...
Jessie and James, in unison: To denounce the evils of truth and love, to extend our reach to the stars above!
Jessie *sighs happily*: Jessie...
James: James with the perfect tan!
Jessie: There's nothing like a tropical vacation.
James: The blue sea...
Jessie: ...the white sand...
James: ...and the blazing sun above!
Jessie *sighs*: The sun!
James: Yes, that blazing sun. Fiery and burning... burning... BURNING!!!

One of my favorite quotes in the anime, and in my opinion, a Rocketshippy moment (that nobody seems to notice in this Rocketshippy episode). Why do I think it's Rocketshippy?

- Jessie and James are ALONE together, on a beautiful beach, wearing bathing suits...
- The tones in their voices. Especially Jessie, when she sighs happily.
- They seem to be having the dream at the same time.
- They say a part of the motto in unison, and they finish each other's sentences.

Again, this is just my opinion. Are there any other scenes considered Rocketshippy that have been overlooked.

I wish the animators

Storyboarders. ;-)

One of my favorite quotes in the anime, and in my opinion, a Rocketshippy moment (that nobody seems to notice in this Rocketshippy episode).

There are a few reason people don't think it's shippy.

1. It's just dub only stuff.
2. There's nothing shippy about it.

- Jessie and James are ALONE together, on a beautiful beach, wearing bathing suits...
- They say a part of the motto in unison, and they finish each other's sentences.

Why is any of that stuff shippy? They imagined themselves on the beach together because they were on fire, and talking in unison isn't shippy.

Are there any other scenes considered Rocketshippy that have been overlooked.

That's a good topic. I think there are more underrated scenes rather than overlooked, but I'm curious what people will think of.

TR-GoodniteSleep.png

I wish the animators would throw us a bone and give us something like that again. They're so adorable when they're sleeping! ^_^

It was in that episode? I only remember them having very little screentime and looking hilarious when laughing at Caterpie.

Anyone have an idea for a new topic? I would love to speculate on stuff!

Well i guess that pics shippy becuase jessie is sleeping on Jame's lap.

TR-GoodniteSleep.png

Awww that scene is so sweet. It was short, and from what I remember, it was so unexpected too! In the middle of a random episode...

One of my favorite quotes in the anime, and in my opinion, a Rocketshippy moment (that nobody seems to notice in this Rocketshippy episode). Why do I think it's Rocketshippy?

Again, this is just my opinion. Are there any other scenes considered Rocketshippy that have been overlooked.

Sharing a dream is cute, but I wouldn't think of that scene as shippy because it doesn't have any hints that they have an attraction for one another.

That's a good topic. I think there are more underrated scenes rather than overlooked, but I'm curious what people will think of.

Yeah, that's an interesting topic! I was reminded of another sleeping scene by that pic Meron posted earlier, I think it was the one in the Togepi episode, where their sleeping bags were pushed really close together. I wouldn't say that this episode or hint is "overlooked" or "underrated" but it is not mentioned a lot. But I think it has some significance because it shows how they have a really close bond. They had room in the cabin to sleep farther apart but they chose not too.

Anyone else have any ideas about a scene that is underrated?

One of my favorite underrated scenes is the BF "save Musashi for no bigger reason at all" scene, but since we got over that in the previous thread, I don't feel like repeating everything again. xD;

The other one would be the Muchuru episode from Johto, where Kojiro seemed annoyed that Musashi was giving Muchuru more attention than them. I know some of you guys tried to watch the scene in Japanese and didn't get what Nyasu said, so it's still a mystery. But his grunt is cute however.

Btw, couldn't Kojiro's jealousy/melancholy in Mewtwo Returns be counted as a hint for the Bulbapedia page?

Hey, everyone! Poli here! :-D

In the dub the narrator hinted that hopefully Jessie will find her love (possibly referring to her crush), but in the Japanese version the narrator said something that hopefully Musashi will find happiness too like Dokucale. *sniff* Too bad they didn't show Kojiro very much in that scene, but maybe that would have been too blatant.

I love that scene, especially (and surprisingly) the dub version. It's such a shame that James wasn't in it, though.

Well, all that crossdressing was just a joke in the first place, so there's no reason to look deep to it. The Japanese knew that his crossdressing was considered controversial outside of Japan, so they stopped it, simply. It's never been their intention to show that Kojiro's gay.

Really? They did? *Goes to check* xD Wait no, I think that scene is in the Tentacool episode, when they talk about chickens and eggs (lol), but I'm still not sure.

I absolutely hate it when people say that! There's so much evidence, especially in the anime and manga! I miss his cross-dressing, but I don't think it implied anything at all! People think too much. :eek:hdear:

TR-GoodniteSleep.png

What episode is that again (sorry)? Or is that part of an opening with the subtitles taken out? It's so cute! =D

Btw, couldn't Kojiro's jealousy/melancholy in Mewtwo Returns be counted as a hint for the Bulbapedia page?

Haha, that's one of my favorite hints, although I think he looked more creeped out than jealous- he looked more jealous of annoying Dr. Proctor, lol.

Btw, like the new signature, Meron (well, it's new to me, at least, since the last time I've been here, heh heh!)! Of course, the beloved Hoso picture is in the middle! =D

Last edited:
I have a new topic again!

Musashi and Kojiro get drunk for one night. What happens?
I know we went over this in the old thread... Almost over a year ago. ;) But I think Musashi would jump on Kojiro at one point and start to kiss him, and he wouldn't mind it at all. The next day they won't remember anything through their hangovers. Nyasu would have seen all of this and he would keep it as a secret (though IDK if Pokémon understand human relationships in the same way as we do)...

Really? They did? *Goes to check* xD Wait no, I think that scene is in the Tentacool episode, when they talk about chickens and eggs (lol), but I'm still not sure.
pm0031.jpg

I meant this scene... Oh, Nyasu is in here too, so it's more friendshippy... :p But still ;D

Btw, I can't help it but think that this rocket was drawn HERE on purpose.

Yeah, that's an interesting topic! I was reminded of another sleeping scene by that pic Meron posted earlier, I think it was the one in the Togepi episode, where their sleeping bags were pushed really close together. I wouldn't say that this episode or hint is "overlooked" or "underrated" but it is not mentioned a lot. But I think it has some significance because it shows how they have a really close bond. They had room in the cabin to sleep farther apart but they chose not too.

Anyone else have any ideas about a scene that is underrated?
Yeah, this one is underrated, but I think that even more underrated is sleeping scene from Pokemon Shipwreck. For some reason, the Jouto picture with Musashi sleeping in Kojiro's lap is far more popular than Kojiro sleeping in Musashi's lap one from Kanto xD

pm01611.jpg

Btw, this CAN'T be comfrotable. For both of them. Yet they seem to love to sleep on each other <3

For now, I can't think of any other underrated scene. It's very hard to fins underrated scene with us being so chatty about Rocketshipping! ;)

One of my favorite underrated scenes is the BF "save Musashi for no bigger reason at all" scene, but since we got over that in the previous thread, I don't feel like repeating everything again. xD;
It had pretty much attention when this episode aired in Japan, but later, yes, it hasn't been mentioned too often.

I love how he had no reason for doing this. Sure, she was in danger as well, but still, she could run away on her own. I think he just saw it as another occasion to show her that he's manly xD

I don't remember what he exactly said anymore, but I recall that I thought it was a clear jealousy/anxiety. Imo, it should be counted as a hint :3

Oh no, you want me to reply to this? Seriously? xD

Anyway, I bet you know my answer arleady... :rolleyes:

I know we went over this in the old thread... Almost over a year ago. ;)
I wasn't around, so it doesn't count! xD

Last edited:

Okay, I'll give this shot.

I think that they might get a bit experimental. Like "Hey! Let's try this...what if I do it this way? How does that feel?" Needless to say it would be lots of fun and neither of them will mind much...
Not until fragments of memory start coming back to them throughout the course of the next day. And they'll be completely awkward because they won't know if the other remembers the same thing. There's no way they'd be able to ask each other, so they'll just pretend that none of that activity happen and definitely no mention that they actually enjoyed it a lot more than they think they should have...

Once again, no email updates even though I double checked. At least there's less to catch up on! But that's a good thing and a bad thing ff.

They're so adorable when they're sleeping! ^_^

I...I'm such a bad person. I laughed really hard when I read that.

Ahahahahahahahahahaaaahaha. I can imagine them both being really happy-passionate drunks and end up doing the "nooky-nooky" [as my mother likes to say] and waking up the next day not remembering it but realizing it through the nakedness and the same-bed/area-on-the-ground...ness. ie Extreme awkwardness and promises to never speak of it again.

However Nyasu would've already told the world about it. Hoorraaayyyyyyy! Yamato would get a kick out of that [/feeling high today]

Btw, I can't help it but think that this rocket was drawn HERE on purpose.

I totally remember having this conversation before! Ahaha it's still hilarious though. I adore how Musashi looks in that cap and I don't understand why. Nyasu looks creepy as hell though, he's trying way too hard to get his butt in the circle of butt...uhh...butt-bumping.

For some reason, the Jouto picture with Musashi sleeping in Kojiro's lap is far more popular than Kojiro sleeping in Musashi's lap one from Kanto xD

Looks more like he's sleeping on her lap! It looks really uncomfortable. But I'm sure he's enjoying it. I adore most everything from Battle Aboard the St Anne through Island of the Giant Pokemon [or whatever those episodes are called].

I don't remember what he exactly said anymore, but I recall that I thought it was a clear jealousy/anxiety. Imo, it should be counted as a hint :3

That actually reminds me of something from a while back when I tried to add in some fail dub hint, so I apologize for that [even though probably no one remembers except me XD]. I hadn't realized the bulbapedia page was such srsbsns back then.

I also wanted to mention that I probably won't be very [or at all] active for the next week or so. I don't have my laptop or bedroom right now [plus the whole...no email updates thing] SOOO yeah. But I can't stay away from here for too long without realizing I'll probably have a ton to catch up on haha soooo see ya soon!

Last edited:
Good news! I recently added a Rocketshippy scene in my story, "Greatest Gifts"!

I have a new topic again!

I know we went over this in the old thread... Almost over a year ago. ;) But I think Musashi would jump on Kojiro at one point and start to kiss him, and he wouldn't mind it at all. The next day they won't remember anything through their hangovers. Nyasu would have seen all of this and he would keep it as a secret (though IDK if Pokémon understand human relationships in the same way as we do)...

-Ohhh, boy. I think we all know what the answer to that is! :naughty:

-Yeah, I wasn't here yet either when you guys brought up that topic, but don't worry about it- it's a great topic, haha! =D

-Nah, I think Meowth would maybe keep it a secret, but he definitely understands human relationships the same way humans do; *ahem*:

"Youse two don't need 'da opposite sex 'cause you got each other!" ;-)

I'm seeing a lot of clinging and friendly hanging on eachother that, due to an accidental brushing against or even falling on, starts to get rather heated. A little experimental, a little bit of confessing. They don't go all the way, but definitely some lines are being crossed. The memory takes some time to come back in the morning and of course they are both freaked out because they don't know if the other one really meant all that or even remembers it. Naturally they won't say anything and try to pretend it never happened until it all blows up in their face (and it will because that sort of thing always does). Nyasu I think finds the awkward nervousness entertaining at first but then get annoyed with how they just can't spit it out.

I'll post HD versions on Friday, but for now, enjoy a HQ version of the latest handhold from DP166!

DP166_handholdcloseup.jpg

DP166_handhold.jpg

They're so cute! <3

So the Grand Festival starts on May? I think Musashi might win her 5th ribbon next week - it's not what we want, but I wouldn't be too shocked if it happened. The other option would be that Fire&Water episode, if it really is about Hikari's contest training... I hope that Kojiro says "I'm so proud of our girl" when she wins. x3 Though, if Musashi uses Manene his attention will go to it... But he could say he proud of them both.

They're so cute! <3

So the Grand Festival starts on May? I think Musashi might win her 5th ribbon next week - it's not what we want, but I wouldn't be too shocked if it happened. The other option would be that Fire&Water episode, if it really is about Hikari's contest training... I hope that Kojiro says "I'm so proud of our girl" when she wins. x3 Though, if Musashi uses Manene his attention will go to it... But he could say he proud of them both.

Yeah, I hope so, too. I'm sick of the filler episodes, and now with HGSS out they could finally end the stretch of D/P, get to the contests and gym battles, and move on to Gen V! Anyway, getting back on topic, I found a cute picture! I'm not sure if this was ever posted on here, but...

A big, red heart! :-D Sorry if it's a little blurry, but the scene went by kind of fast, and I couldn't pause because there's an arrow in the middle...

I think Musashi might win her 5th ribbon next week - it's not what we want, but I wouldn't be too shocked if it happened. The other option would be that Fire&Water episode,

There's also the slim possibility that it could be the Metamon episode. I know it's a long shot, but there is the chance that that's the Musashi 5th ribbon focus episode we've been waiting for, and she's facing a Metamon.

I hope that Kojiro says "I'm so proud of our girl" when she wins. x3 Though, if Musashi uses Manene his attention will go to it... But he could say he proud of them both.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but assuming she uses Manene, will this be the first time she's won something with Kojiro's Pokemon? That's pretty significant in itself. It feels like the writers don't want Musashi to win when she uses Kojiro's Pokemon, which is a bit troubling looking ahead to the 5th Gen...

Is this still on?

I would like to give it a try. I know that I'm way behind with all the new episodes and I'm sure I missed a lot of Rocketshippy moments but this would be my idea:

They get drunk and it's very late in the evening. They have fun, laugh, tell jokes and think of the past. Suddenly it gets very silent and both realize what they missed out for so long time. First noone brings up the courage to show the other how he or she feels but Musashi makes the first step (I don't know why but in my eyes Musashi is the braver one when it's about emotions and feelings, that's my opinion).
So she looks into Kojiros eyes and comes nearer and nearer until she kisses him. First they get a bit shocked but then they kiss each other, noone really thinking of what will change now. But they have in mind that whatever happens later they could blame it on the alcohol.
Just an idea, don't take it that serious.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom