• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rocketshipping General Discussion

It would be insanely cute if Musashi gave Kojiro a harmless peck on the cheek! As long as Kojiro doesn't go all "eww" from that, it would be awesome. The best thing would be if he got all happy (with a little blushing for a couple of frames) and Nyasu would tease him about it (especially about the red lipstick on his cheek). That would be blatant but not too blatant. It would be never mentioned after that so it wouldn't do harm for the show. <3

I think we use a new topic... I actually have two that I found that I think would make for some good discussion.

What do you like most about the development of Rocketshipping in DP so far?

What development(s) in Rocketshipping in DP did you find most surprising?

Since my post is already quite long I'll answer these in my next one.

I like these topics! :3

Hmmmm, as for what I like about the developments of Rocketshipping in DP is that is was really surprising.

It started off as nearly a continuation of AG (especially with the first 1 or 2 contests), then we had a small continuation of animation hints AND DP055, DP 117, and the contest arc really took a turn.

We have Musashi no longer cheating, she won, and Kojiro (and Nyasu) as a whole are much more supportive, making it more of a 'team' effort! :'D

The whole contest arc was really the best development on both sides.

We got loots of development. Mainly Kojiro taking Musashi's contest career much more seriously.

It would be insanely cute if Musashi gave Kojiro a harmless peck on the cheek! As long as Kojiro doesn't go all "eww" from that, it would be awesome.

I don't think I can imagine Kojiro being like "eww" at all. :) But I can picture him being all surprised,

Then blushing, and lastly, smiling. <3

Last edited:
Hey guys! Spring break is almost here! I would've had off today, but they had to take two flippin' days off of break because of the snow days. *Sigh* What's new, everyone? :-D

Simply put, I like how much more popular it's gotten, as well as the good share of hints we've gotten in D/P. Let's just hope it continues! For the record, though, it seems as if people almost want to get rid of Brock and TR once Gen. V starts, and I don't want that to happen. But that's all just the fanbase anyway, and those characters still have plenty of fans, so I guess I shouldn't worry all that much.

I'm sick of these filler episodes, but I'm getting excited that 153 is drawing near- I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually eager to see how the English dub compares with the original.

I found that part in 117 the most suprising, where Jessie she can tell that he misses aher and he breaks down and starts crying. Love that episode. Especially the noodle shop. :lol:

I hate the idea of the restart, since such a restart would feel like episodes like DP117 aren't important anymore. To me, nothing can be worse than that D:

Awww, I didn't think of that! :-( But I think DP117 will be significant, no matter what. Technically rocketshipping was restarted in DP, and I still consider episodes like Holy Matrimony to be important.

And while I also love the cat, it's nice he's finally getting out of the way. :-D

You know, I always wondered how Nyasu would really feel about them getting together. I read a few fanfics about it, and most people have him happy that his two friends got together, and I've also read the opposite, where he feels left out and like a third wheel. Personally, I feel that it would be a mixture of both. If they got together, the group dynamic would change a lot, and I think Nyasu might have a difficult time adjusting a bit, but in the end he would be happy.

If they got together in the anime, I wonder if the writers would address this. I think they wouldn't because if they ever got together it would be the end of the anime, and they wouldn't have time to even consider it.

It would be insanely cute if Musashi gave Kojiro a harmless peck on the cheek! As long as Kojiro doesn't go all "eww" from that, it would be awesome. The best thing would be if he got all happy (with a little blushing for a couple of frames) and Nyasu would tease him about it (especially about the red lipstick on his cheek). That would be blatant but not too blatant. It would be never mentioned after that so it wouldn't do harm for the show. <3

I don't think I can imagine Kojiro being like "eww" at all. :) But I can picture him being all surprised,

Then blushing, and lastly, smiling. <3

Awww, that would be adorable. It could be a really quick scene, so it won't impact the anime much at all. We would enjoy it immensely, but for anyone else watching who doesn't really care about shipping, it just won't affect them.

Another scene that I imagined that won't be too blatant is after Musashi loses, Kojiro could comfort her by patting her shoulder or stroking her hair. I don't think that would be too blatant because he's just comforting her, but it would mean a lot to us shippers :)

These are so out of order, omgosh. Why is firefox like this.

which felt very Kantoish in that Musashi and Kojiro kinda did the scheme on their own.

Yeah, like how back in early Kanto, it was Musashi&Kojiro, then Nyasu, too. He was just a third wheel. I think he's gotten almost as much friendship-development as Koji and Musa themselves. But I much prefer Rocketshippy interactions instead of Nyasu with one of them. I want Nyasu to get some sort of Pokemon BFF besides Soonansu haha.

EDIT: I've just noticed it. RG got a 117th post! :-D Lucky you! :p

That took me SO long to understand. I fail.

It would be insanely cute if Musashi gave Kojiro a harmless peck on the cheek!

Did she do something like that to Nyasu in AG? I recall it being...stupid-looking and Kojiro having an "eww" look on his face, but it might not have been from an episode. ANYHOW an "eww" from Kojiro makes him seem like a Kanto!Satoshi "girls are gross ew".

I can imagine him going wide-eyed and blushing, especially if it's something totally unexpected. But I can only see Musashi walking off somewhere immediately afterwards instead of waiting for his reaction, so he'd get the chance to do a cliche hand-to-cheek and awkward-smile while staring at her as she walked away.

You know, I always wondered how Nyasu would really feel about them getting together. I read a few fanfics about it, and most people have him happy that his two friends got together, and I've also read the opposite, where he feels left out and like a third wheel. Personally, I feel that it would be a mixture of both. If they got together, the group dynamic would change a lot, and I think Nyasu might have a difficult time adjusting a bit, but in the end he would be happy.

I actually don't think it'd be too different if Musashi and Kojiro were together; there'd be more touching than there's been in DP, but it's not like the writers would add anything super-shippy into the show. Lots of little boys watch Pokemon, after all, and romance isn't really something they wanna watch :p

But I can see Nyasu being super happy for them at first, then realizing they're leaving him out a bit, then some sort of conflict where he brings it up angrily and Musashi and Kojiro apologize and they all work everything out because they're best friends and that's how it should be -dances-

I like how it's more realistic than it was back in Kanto. Although I still love Kanto!Rocketshipping, DP!Rocketshipping is a lot more dialogue, like Musashi said. It's not as good for AMV-makers, but we make do ;P

When I first started watching DP, just the fact that Musashi was winning and doing something correctly was surprise enough. And that's brought up a lot of Rocketshipping, so I'll leave it at that XD Team Rocket winning has been the most surprising thing for me in a long time. I'm so used to every episode ending with "Team Rocket's blasting off again!" [i mix dub and original so much omgosh XD]

Well, besides this episode, he wrote EP073 (Bad to the Bone), EP110 (The Stun Spore Detour), EP155 (Ursaring episode), EP261 (Victreebell's goodbye) and AG159 (Orientering episode). Not to mention the minor stuff.

This might be bad, but I like most of those episodes. Even though they were generally anti-shippy, in retrospect...they were kind of necessary for their relationships. I mean, EP073 was one of those "Musashi can betray them as much as possible and instead of staying mad, they just get her back". At first glance it was a bad episode for Musashi's character, but I still like to pretend she was just testing Kojiro and Nyasu's friendships with her /lame
EP110 was uhh just kind of a lame episode. It let AlternaShippers feel special [-shivers-] and it would've been nice to see more of a submissive Musashi [like in DP146] BUT that's true, it's pretty anti-shippy.
But the Ursuring episode and some AG episode [involving a ship and some swampurt, i think xD] seemed necessary for their relationship to me. Kojiro's all like "Musashi's so strong, she can take care of herself! She doesn't need anyone to worry about her!" showing how little Kojiro actually knew about Musashi at that time. So it's good for development purposes, although yeah initially they're pretty anti. I don't really remember the other two very well xD

Yeah I hope that's not OT, it sounds like episode reviews but they're Rocketshippy too? IDK /dies I'm sick so suueee

And I think we can all agree on that we DON'T want to see another break up and get back together episode. That's been done too many times, and besides, it probably won't live up to DP117. But you never know, it could be another super shippy episode...

I'd actually like to see an episode where they break up, but not of their own free will. Every breakup-backtogether episode has been from an argument or in DP117's case, Musashi realizing there's more to life than Team Rocket. BBBUUUTTT I don't remember an episode [a good, potentially shippy episode] where they're separated and want to find each other again. At least, not without the twerps in the same situation >3> Maybe I've just forgotten about some episodes.

You guys have been talking about writers lately, I feel so awkward haha. I know nothing about them except this one's cool and that one's not. BBUUTTTT it's still fun to read about it.

Um hmm...when I get my computer and bedroom back, I've got so many Rocketshippy AMVs planned it's not even funny /dies

-

I keep looking at what I wrote here and I feel high LOL. I'm just gonna lurk here for a while yeahyeah /back to lurking

Even though Tomioka is on vacation, he still influenced tomorrow's contest very much according to some sources. :-D Can't wait for tomorrow! It has to be the fifth ribbon!

I was thinking of what if Hikari-tachi found out that Musashi was actually Musarina? Like in the second Togekiss episode or something. Would Kojiro and Nyasu protect Musashi first? I think Kojiro would get very angry if the twerps started to question Musashi's rights to attend contest, until Musashi stops him and tells the kids that she isn't doing anything wrong. It would be interesting if Hikari knew who Musarina really was in the GF. I think her identity might be revealed at least until then... And I really want to see protective Kojiro :p

I was thinking of what if Hikari-tachi found out that Musashi was actually Musarina?

This would be very interesting! Especially if it happened when Musashi is away (on stage perhaps? Her glasses fall off and...). Then Kojiro (and Nyasu) would just have to defend her and Kojiro might even slip out something shippy... He seems to get very protective when he thinks he has to, usually on things that are important to him. And I think Musashi is quite high on that list ;)

Also, her true identity being revealed might shock Musashi. So she definitely would need someone to comfort her.

In general, Musashi should spend more time in her contest-outfit, as Kojiro seems to act differently towards her when she is wearing that dress. Reminds me of RG's fic. And Kojiro definitely wouldn't go "eww" if Musashi gave him a small kiss on cheek! He would blush terribly, but we all know he'd like it :)

I was thinking of what if Hikari-tachi found out that Musashi was actually Musarina? Like in the second Togekiss episode or something. Would Kojiro and Nyasu protect Musashi first? I think Kojiro would get very angry if the twerps started to question Musashi's rights to attend contest, until Musashi stops him and tells the kids that she isn't doing anything wrong. It would be interesting if Hikari knew who Musarina really was in the GF. I think her identity might be revealed at least until then... And I really want to see protective Kojiro :p

This would be very interesting! Especially if it happened when Musashi is away (on stage perhaps? Her glasses fall off and...). Then Kojiro (and Nyasu) would just have to defend her and Kojiro might even slip out something shippy... He seems to get very protective when he thinks he has to, usually on things that are important to him. And I think Musashi is quite high on that list ;)

Also, her true identity being revealed might shock Musashi. So she definitely would need someone to comfort her.

I agree with both of you, and at this point in DP, I think that Kojiro would definitely be angry at the twerps and try to protect Musashi's contest career. Especially since Kojiro has been taking more of a leadership role lately.

Although I think it will take more than Musashi's glasses falling off for the twerps to notice who she is because they are so clueless! Maybe Hikari will accidentally look in Musashi's bag or something and see her TR uniform. And then Kojiro notices (he's wearing his disguise) that Hikari saw her uniform, and Hikari will try to tell Satoshi but Kojiro will intervene and try to convince Hikari to keep it quiet and he can say something shippy then, like how he cares so much about her... I don't know if that would work though... Anyone else have any ideas how Kojiro would react if the twerps found out about Musashi?

Definitely not just you. There's episodes like that flame ice traiing episode where they don't talk to Nyasu at all and the Potchama leaves episode which felt very Kantoish in that Musashi and Kojiro kinda did the scheme on their own.

And while I also love the cat, it's nice he's finally getting out of the way. :-D
I love such episodes, they make me feel all sentimental <3 It's not like I don't love the cat, but I just think that Musashi and Kojiro needs some more exclusive time for development of their relationship between each other. Thankfully, it looks like we're getting more and more such episodes in DP, so I'm very pleased with it :)

Well I must be honest, I want it to be Manene for purely non Rocketshippy reasons. But I don't think Fujita would mess it up very much for us, if at all.
Non Rocketshippy reasons? What would they be? Kojiro doesn't consider Manene being a baby anymore so I guess that's not it...

But what's left that would be surprising anyway? A confession or a kiss would be surprising, but we all know that's not happening until the end of the series.
You know, every time I think there's not much to develop left, it turns out that there is something I haven't thought of before. Musashi and Kojiro's relationship has too much of potential to not be surprising. And I think that the writers have yet many ideas to use that would be surprsing, yet not too blatant ;)

There's still much to do with the Rockets. After all, Musashi and Kojiro still don't fully trust each other as they seem to be afraid to talk openly about their feelings to each other. I know that they're able to comunicate with each other without any words just well, but some things need to be spoken out loud from time to time. That's why it's great that DP Rocketshipping has so much of awesome dialogue. But to make things even more interesting, the writers can add some Kanto-ish Rocketshipping in the next gen. Like some more random touching, flirting, blushing, Wrongrocketshipping... If they ever are going to make Rocketshipping canon o course, and I believe that sooner or later, it happens. And if Tomioka is going to stay for the next gen (and he the most probably is staying) and if Rocketshipping evolves into something more "physical" as well, then it may mean that Rocketshippin is being wrapped up, my friends ;D

I guess the only thing left that would be surprising that's in the realm of possibilities is Kojiro giving Musashi some shippy type gift (Except a rose. That might be a bit too much of a hint). Maybe a kiss on the cheek, since the writers could easily have Musashi do that and then act like it was nothing, and we know Kojiro wouldn't follow up on it. Blushing also might happen depending on the context, but those are pretty big maybes.

I can see Musashi kissing Kojiro on the cheek :D She's now more of cute, silly and emotional type so she'd do something like that out of impulse and then acted as if nothing happened, like you said ;D
It would be blatant, but yet not too blatant to be harmful :3

I can't see Kojiro being the first one to kiss her though... But, he also acts before he thinks... Moreover, his body reacts to Musashi's body! XD So even if he wasn't the first to kiss her, he'd definitely respond to her kiss ;D

Awww, I didn't think of that! :-( But I think DP117 will be significant, no matter what. Technically rocketshipping was restarted in DP, and I still consider episodes like Holy Matrimony to be important.
I wrote a quite long explanation why it feels different for me, but I lost this reply and now I don't feel like repating it, especially if it's not important anymore since it looks like Tomioka is going to stay, so explaining it now would be pointless. We could come back to this discussion, if it turns out that Tomioka leaves, ok? ;)

Why would he go "eww" from that? xD; Is he gay or what? XDDDDD

Did she do something like that to Nyasu in AG? I recall it being...stupid-looking and Kojiro having an "eww" look on his face, but it might not have been from an episode. ANYHOW an "eww" from Kojiro makes him seem like a Kanto!Satoshi "girls are gross ew".
Yeah, she kissed Nyasu in one AG episode. Kojiro had an "eww" look on his face, but what does it have to do with him kissing Musashi? He thought that Musashi kissing Nyasu is wrong, of course he would make this kind of face ^^; You expected him to be happy that she's kissing Nyasu? XD I remember that when I first saw this scene, I was mad that it's not Kojir in Nyasu's place XDDDD

Neopuff said:
This might be bad, but I like most of those episodes. Even though they were generally anti-shippy, in retrospect...they were kind of necessary for their relationships. I mean, EP073 was one of those "Musashi can betray them as much as possible and instead of staying mad, they just get her back". At first glance it was a bad episode for Musashi's character, but I still like to pretend she was just testing Kojiro and Nyasu's friendships with her /lame
EP110 was uhh just kind of a lame episode. It let AlternaShippers feel special [-shivers-] and it would've been nice to see more of a submissive Musashi [like in DP146] BUT that's true, it's pretty anti-shippy.
Well, no relationship should be perfect, otherwise it would be boring. I wouldn't be a fan of Rocketshipping if it was some idealistic lovey-dovey story written by Cori Falls. But on the other hand, I wouldn't be a fan if I didn't go mad over such episodes xD So you know, it's kinda natural to get a little bit angry ;)

But the Ursuring episode and some AG episode [involving a ship and some swampurt, i think xD] seemed necessary for their relationship to me. Kojiro's all like "Musashi's so strong, she can take care of herself! She doesn't need anyone to worry about her!" showing how little Kojiro actually knew about Musashi at that time. So it's good for development purposes, although yeah initially they're pretty anti. I don't really remember the other two very well xD
Yeah, the thing is, Musashi actually wanted him to worry about her, since she was never so strong as she pretended to be. Now she doesn't seem to hide her weaknesses as much and she shows that she really needs someone to care for her. That quote made Kojiro sound like a cold bastard. But you can compare Jouto Ringuma episode and DP Ringuma episode to see how his attitude towards Musashi changed. And Musashi herself as well ;)

Last edited:
Anyone else have any ideas how Kojiro would react if the twerps found out about Musashi?

That depends how they found out. If Hikari found Musashi's uniform or something I could see it happening the way you described, but if it was Kojiro's fault it might be something different...

Back around Musashi's second ribbon, Kojiro seemed to keep calling Musashi by her real name. I know he hasn't done that in awhile, but I still wonder if Kojiro might be the one to accidentally reveal her identity. (Though I don't think anyone will find out.) If it was Kojiro's fault I could see Musashi crying and running away, (if this was Kanto she'd slap him) followed by Kojiro having apology that would no doubt be shippy. :-D

Non Rocketshippy reasons? What would they be? Kojiro doesn't consider Manene being a baby anymore so I guess that's not it...

I love Manene and think it deserves to win a ribbon. Especially since it seems to enjoy doing Contests with Musashi. I also really like it when Musashi and Manene interact, so I want to see more of that.

Though if Fujita (or possibly Tomioka...) threw in another scene where they're both fawning over Manene at the same time that'd be great. :-D It kinda felt like Manene was their baby when they did that before.

And I think that the writers have yet many ideas to use that would be surprsing, yet not too blatant ;)

Good point. Tomioka (I can't believe you still say "the writers" after today. ;-)) certainly seems to be full of surprises. Just when i think I have the show figured out, he throws something new in!

But to make things even more interesting, the writers can add some Kanto-ish Rocketshipping in the next gen. Like some more random touching, flirting, blushing, Wrongrocketshipping... If they ever are going to make Rocketshipping canon o course, and I believe that sooner or later, it happens. And if Tomioka is going to stay for the next gen (and he the most probably is staying) and if Rocketshipping evolves into something more "physical" as well, then it may mean that Rocketshippin is being wrapped up, my friends ;D

I hadn't thought of that. Establishing that they have a more solid friendship in DP, and then adding the physical stuff, would make Rocketshipping much less random and would show a sign that things are still moving.

Perhaps that's why the fearhugs have stopped? I guess if they resume at the end of DP/early next Gen we'll know...

N'awww Kojiro was sooo happy for Musashi all the time!! I'm glad Musashi didn't use Manene, because that way his excitement would have been channeled to it... And when Musashi lost she was really sad... I think that this looks good for GF, only if Nyasu doesn't get in the way of their hug! *prays*

Sheesh. Boy is it ever April 1st. I had severe computer problems which prevented me from seeing a lot of the episode, but I did get some caps. I also concur with Meron that it was indeed better without Manene. You guys were right all along.

DP171_1.jpg

This is before the Contest even starts. We could all tell this was gonna be good after all. :-D

DP171_2.jpg

This was right before her appeal. Then my computer died...

DP171_3.jpg

It came back the second the appeal was over, and we got this. :) I hear Musashi didn't involve herself at all, so that's great for a different reason. :-D Now for the best part...

DP171_4.jpg

During her battle with the princess, Kojiro calls out Musashi by name and doesn't correct himself! Guess I kinda called it earlier... Now for after her loss...

DP171_5.jpg

DP171_6.jpg

DP171_7.jpg

This felt really similar to what i was expecting after her GF lost. Nyasu says something about Musashi's feelings, but Kojiro confronting Musashi looks like it was the focus. It's a shame Kojiro and Nyasu gave her an exacerbated look after Musashi realized that she could enter the GF now, but hopefully Tomioka was just getting this out of the way so when Musashi loses in the GF Kojiro can hug her and we can somenthing really shippy. <3

So to sum up my feelings... holy cow! Super character development time! We got Kojiro behaving almost exactly as we've been wanting him to on all fronts, and Musashi being really depressed after her loss and being mad that the princess just gave her the ribbon. Can you believe this is the same person who wanted to steal ribbons back in the BF?

:7up:

Guys, where's the party!? We got an excellent episode and there are only 2 posts since it aired! I'm so ridiculously happy! This now gives me hope for the GF :-D
Maybe a kiss on the cheek, since the writers could easily have Musashi do that and then act like it was nothing, and we know Kojiro wouldn't follow up on it.
I can see a kiss on the cheek happening as well - maybe in a scenario like the DP 146 glomp? Well, happier obviously i.e. Kojiro behaves a bit better. I'm sure it'd be a big deal in Japan but this is MUSASHI we're talking about! Like someone said, Musashi's impulsive like that. I don't think Kojiro would make too big a deal about it really. Maybe a little blush ;-)
If they got together, the group dynamic would change a lot, and I think Nyasu might have a difficult time adjusting a bit, but in the end he would be happy.
I'm probably the only person that thinks this, but if they got together, I really can't imagine the dynamic changing that much. They act like an old married couple as it is! I guess also because I can't see them being passionate and sexy in public i.e. outside the bedroom :p I know they've always been all over eachother like a rash, and I doubt that'd change, but I don't think how they act towards each other would be any different.
I want Nyasu to get some sort of Pokemon BFF besides Soonansu haha.
But Sonansu is an awesome BFF :< I think he and Nyasu were made for each other. (And as they're both the biggest potential interruptors of Musa/Koji moments, why not "pair the spares"?!)
Even though Tomioka is on vacation, he still influenced tomorrow's contest very much according to some sources.
You can say that again! This episode REEKS of Tomioka! xD
And then Kojiro notices (he's wearing his disguise) that Hikari saw her uniform, and Hikari will try to tell Satoshi but Kojiro will intervene and try to convince Hikari to keep it quiet and he can say something shippy then, like how he cares so much about her...
Awww! x3 I love that idea! I can't really think of anything that tops that really...
Back around Musashi's second ribbon, Kojiro seemed to keep calling Musashi by her real name. I know he hasn't done that in awhile
Retrospective "Hah!" :p
Good point. Tomioka (I can't believe you still say "the writers" after today. ;-)) certainly seems to be full of surprises. Just when i think I have the show figured out, he throws something new in!
You guys were right all along.
I told yo-- *gagged*
>8D
So to sum up my feelings... holy cow! Super character development time! We got Kojiro behaving almost exactly as we've been wanting him to on all fronts, and Musashi being really depressed after her loss and being mad that the princess just gave her the ribbon. Can you believe this is the same person who wanted to steal ribbons back in the BF?
Holy cow and the above post just about sums up my feelings too! xD

My only worry is the fact that we didn't see any of her in the GF preview. I know they hardly get preview time, but it just worries me a bit whether she'll end up going out really early on.

Guys, where's the party!? We got an excellent episode and there are only 2 posts since it aired! I'm so ridiculously happy! This now gives me hope for the GF :-D
I think everyone's busy. Haven't seen too many online... But I think this (and possible the next episode) will spark good speculation for the GF. It's so freaking close!

I'm sure it'd be a big deal in Japan but this is MUSASHI we're talking about! Like someone said, Musashi's impulsive like that. I don't think Kojiro would make too big a deal about it really. Maybe a little blush ;-)
Yes, exactly. The thought of Japan going OMGWTFBBQ over it makes me feel all funny. :-D That would be amazing. I think Kojiro's expression would be something like this: o^_^o

My only worry is the fact that we didn't see any of her in the GF preview. I know they hardly get preview time, but it just worries me a bit whether she'll end up going out really early on.
We didn't see Kengo either in the preview, but he's a better coordinator than Musashi, so we have to see him. I won't be surprised if Musashi loses in the appeal round though... More reason to Kojiro make her feel better... Also, I think Musashi might be sad because 2 of her ribbons weren't won by her. Kojiro sure would have something to say on that, as he won the other for her.

According to some sources the next episode is written by Takegami. Did you guys see the preview? It seems like it will be a Hikari vs Musashi battle. Maybe Hikari finds out Musarina's identity? I really hope the rumour about Takegami is true... That means ignoring Nyasu! :p

According to some sources the next episode is written by Takegami. Did you guys see the preview? It seems like it will be a Hikari vs Musashi battle. Maybe Hikari finds out Musarina's identity? I really hope the rumour about Takegami is true... That means ignoring Nyasu! :p

It certainly felt like a Takegami episode from the preview. I also think this is better than him getting the episode after the GF, since Tomioka will sort out the shippyness in the remaining two or three episodes (it looks like the GF will be four episodes) after Musashi loses.

There's something else from the episode that I liked that I forgot to mention. Between rounds (maybe it was right before the final? can't quite remember) Kojiro was looking super serious at the screen and staying stuff, followed by Musashi getting all fired up like my avatar again. Don't know what it was about, (maybe he was concered?) but it was great to have Nyasu not say anything. :)

I think everyone's busy. Haven't seen too many online... But I think this (and possible the next episode) will spark good speculation for the GF. It's so freaking close!
I hope so :) I've got a 2 week break now as well, so it'll be nice for all the pre/GF speculation to fire us all up! After all - there's so much shipping potential, let alone character development potential here it's astounding!! Like I said, today's ep gives me hope that Musashi (and Rocketshipping) will get a fair deal from the GF and her eventual loss, wherever in the contest that may be. I was so worried it'd be played up as a joke, but today proved that they can and will handle her arc seriously. And Kojiro's support of her - squee! x3
I totally agree here! If the preview is anything to go by - this is a total Takegami ep. Musashi looks all hardcore. I hope Kojiro gets to do something too (other than being glomped by Masukippa! xD)
I also think this is better than him getting the episode after the GF, since Tomioka will sort out the shippyness in the remaining two or three episodes (it looks like the GF will be four episodes) after Musashi loses.
This completely. Obviously Tomioka isn't Takegami, but I think we can trust him to do Musashi and Rocketshipping justice in the GF. I'd rather Takegami gets something during the build up!!
Between rounds (maybe it was right before the final? can't quite remember) Kojiro was looking super serious at the screen and staying stuff, followed by Musashi getting all fired up like my avatar again. Don't know what it was about, (maybe he was concered?) but it was great to have Nyasu not say anything. :)
Oh yeah! I totally forgot about that until you mentioned it :D But it was a really nice scene. He says something about Hikari getting into the next round too and something about Togekiss. It's just nice for him to be really serious (and about Musashi's contest as well! x3) and for Nyasu not to get involved at all.

That depends how they found out. If Hikari found Musashi's uniform or something I could see it happening the way you described, but if it was Kojiro's fault it might be something different...
Back around Musashi's second ribbon, Kojiro seemed to keep calling Musashi by her real name. I know he hasn't done that in awhile, but I still wonder if Kojiro might be the one to accidentally reveal her identity. (Though I don't think anyone will find out.) If it was Kojiro's fault I could see Musashi crying and running away, (if this was Kanto she'd slap him) followed by Kojiro having apology that would no doubt be shippy. :-D
I have a hunch that it might be Kojiro's fault too. He acts way too emotional lately about her contests. Not only he was shouting her real name today (geee, he almost jumped out of the audience! xD), but also he was almost caught up when he tried to comfort her. But, for some reason, I have a hunch that even if Musashi's true identity would be revealed, there won't be any big deal out of it, since she would be allowed to continue participating anyway. It would just feel Kanto-ish for me, if her real identity would make her banned from contests.

Well, the writers are his tool after all xD

I hadn't thought of that. Establishing that they have a more solid friendship in DP, and then adding the physical stuff, would make Rocketshipping much less random and would show a sign that things are still moving.

Perhaps that's why the fearhugs have stopped? I guess if they resume at the end of DP/early next Gen we'll know...
Yeah, maybe that's why they stopped it. They would rather start with more subtle touch, like a hand holding we saw in the motto scene a few weeks ago. Full body contact should be saved for later ;)

N'awww Kojiro was sooo happy for Musashi all the time!! I'm glad Musashi didn't use Manene, because that way his excitement would have been channeled to it... And when Musashi lost she was really sad... I think that this looks good for GF, only if Nyasu doesn't get in the way of their hug! *prays*
Yeah, since Musashi didn't use Manene, we can be sure that his cheers were only aimed at her! And the fact that she was sad instead of looking freaked out/creepy is very promising for the future! ^.^ Maybe if the Princess didn't come in the way, he would hug her now, but just because I got this feeling feels great that it may happen in the future :D

I loved Kojiro's line "Pull yourself together! You did great!" while all Nyasu said was "You better try your best in the next contest!" :-D Finally, Tomioka learned what kind of quotes should be Kojiro getting!
Or maybe he was doing it on purpose so far? For the sake of character development? :3 That would have sense.

It came back the second the appeal was over, and we got this. :) I hear Musashi didn't involve herself at all, so that's great for a different reason. :-D Now for the best part...

DP171_4.jpg
Kojiro, behave yourself, you're getting too excited! ;D

This felt really similar to what i was expecting after her GF lost. Nyasu says something about Musashi's feelings, but Kojiro confronting Musashi looks like it was the focus. It's a shame Kojiro and Nyasu gave her an exacerbated look after Musashi realized that she could enter the GF now, but hopefully Tomioka was just getting this out of the way so when Musashi loses in the GF Kojiro can hug her and we can somenthing really shippy. <3[/spoiler]
Yes, it looks like the time for real shipping comes at the time of GF! I can see her being extremely depressed after she loses there. When she loses, ther would be no "You can do better next time" quotes to comfort. Today, Kojiro told her, that she did great, yet it didn't comfort her. I think that the next time she will go depressed like that, it won't be dialogue that will comfort her either. It will be actions. I don't remember any time where Musashi got coforted just with words. Kojiro comforted her in Princess vs Princess and in Good 'Quil Hunting. I think that it must be something comparable with how Musashi wanted to comfort Kojiro in DP55. Kojiro, noticing that words don't work, will have to do something for her to cheer her up. Of his own free will. And if that would happen, we would get another character development, compared to DP146 :3

And I wasn't even surprised that she got mad! XD I was like "Hey, this isn't old Musashi anymore, of course she would go mad!" XD Oh, that felt so right! :3

3 character development in non Rocket episode, woah! XD
Lol, because of the way she got her 5th ribbon I'm still not used to the fact she got all ribbons arleady XD;

So, congratulations, Musashi! :7up:Kojiro was right, you did great! :cheers:

I'm probably the only person that thinks this, but if they got together, I really can't imagine the dynamic changing that much. They act like an old married couple as it is! I guess also because I can't see them being passionate and sexy in public i.e. outside the bedroom :p I know they've always been all over eachother like a rash, and I doubt that'd change, but I don't think how they act towards each other would be any different.
You gotta be joking, I thought that everyone thought the same xD;

It certainly felt like a Takegami episode from the preview. I also think this is better than him getting the episode after the GF, since Tomioka will sort out the shippyness in the remaining two or three episodes (it looks like the GF will be four episodes) after Musashi loses.
Didn't watch the preview... O.O *rushes to see*

There's something else from the episode that I liked that I forgot to mention. Between rounds (maybe it was right before the final? can't quite remember) Kojiro was looking super serious at the screen and staying stuff, followed by Musashi getting all fired up like my avatar again. Don't know what it was about, (maybe he was concered?) but it was great to have Nyasu not say anything. :)
He was worrying about Hikari. He said that her Togekiss can't be disdained. And then Musashi replies him that she won't lose for sure.

This completely. Obviously Tomioka isn't Takegami, but I think we can trust him to do Musashi and Rocketshipping justice in the GF. I'd rather Takegami gets something during the build up!!
I completely trust him now <3 After all, we can call him the father of DP Rocketshipping.

EDIT: Kanji, your new av is pure love! <3

I loved Kojiro's line "Pull yourself together! You did great!" while all Nyasu said was "You better try your best in the next contest!" :-D Finally, Tomioka learned what kind of quotes should be Kojiro getting!
Or maybe he was doing it on purpose so far? For the sake of character development? :3 That would have sense.

It felt like Takegami wrote Nyasu's dialogue. How many time did he mention this is Musashi's 5th ribbon? And when he wasn't doing that, he was just echoing what Kojiro was saying, like you pointed out.

Kojiro, behave yourself, you're getting too excited! ;D

I was just re-watching the episode, and it was amazing how many times I squeed at this stuff. He was so bouncy and happy and shouting out her name without caring about her identity... :crush:

I think that the next time she will go depressed like that, it won't be dialogue that will comfort her either. It will be actions.

Since someone will probbaly mention this in the coming weeks, I don't think we need to worry about a Mikuri Cup "reporter" thing. First of all, Tomioka would be repaeting himself, something he really doesn't want to do. Secondly, Musashi would be much too depressed to care about that. I was amazed that Musashi was so sad that she wouldn't even speak to her friends. I thought a reaction like that was only a pipe dream...

So, congratulations, Musashi! :7up:Kojiro was right, you did great! :cheers:

:party:

It really is hard to believe all this is really happening! Tomioka sure took us for a ride to get here, but in the end, it was all worth it. :-D

He was worrying about Hikari. He said that her Togekiss can't be disdained. And then Musashi replies him that she won't lose for sure.

About time they had a conversation like that!

I completely trust him now <3 After all, we can call him the father of DP Rocketshipping.

Indeed. I'm sure Shudo would be/is proud about what a wonderful job Tomioka has done. I'm sure this is the kind of thing he wanted for them back when he planning the original series. :)

It felt like Takegami wrote Nyasu's dialogue. How many time did he mention this is Musashi's 5th ribbon? And when he wasn't doing that, he was just echoing what Kojiro was saying, like you pointed out.
Yeah, if felt Takegami-esque for that very reason XD

Since someone will probbaly mention this in the coming weeks, I don't think we need to worry about a Mikuri Cup "reporter" thing. First of all, Tomioka would be repaeting himself, something he really doesn't want to do. Secondly, Musashi would be much too depressed to care about that.
Yeah, I had a Mikuri Cup in mind, but let alone repeating, her depression after GF loss will be wat more serious so the way he comforts her must be more serious as well.

I was amazed that Musashi was so sad that she wouldn't even speak to her friends. I thought a reaction like that was only a pipe dream...
Tomioka is love <3 And I thought that this episode was going to be messed up xD

:party:

It really is hard to believe all this is really happening! Tomioka sure took us for a ride to get here, but in the end, it was all worth it. :-D
It was planned from the beginning! XD Ah, you bastard! XD

About time they had a conversation like that!
And to think that there was a time, when Kojiro didn't care about Musashi's contests at all! Now he looks like he cares more than her sometimes xD

Indeed. I'm sure Shudo would be/is proud about what a wonderful job Tomioka has done. I'm sure this is the kind of thing he wanted for them back when he planning the original series. :)
Yeah, I think he likes it. Team Rocket is finally getting the spotlight they always deserved :3

I was so worried it'd be played up as a joke, but today proved that they can and will handle her arc seriously. And Kojiro's support of her - squee! x3

I was worried about that too, because in AG they were treated like a joke, and even in the beginning of DP. I'm so glad that they are handling her arc seriously.

I have a hunch that it might be Kojiro's fault too. He acts way too emotional lately about her contests. Not only he was shouting her real name today (geee, he almost jumped out of the audience! xD), but also he was almost caught up when he tried to comfort her. But, for some reason, I have a hunch that even if Musashi's true identity would be revealed, there won't be any big deal out of it, since she would be allowed to continue participating anyway. It would just feel Kanto-ish for me, if her real identity would make her banned from contests.

Yeah, he doesn't even realize anymore that he was shouting her real name! I think that just shows another way of how seriously he takes it. He views Musashi as Musashi and not just some game she is playing. And I love how Kojiro can hardly contain his eagerness for her. It is just too sweet.

Amd about her identity, if her identity was revealed (not in front of an audience, let's say only in front of the twerps) I don't think Hikari would tell on her. I think she would understand how important Musashi's contests are to her. Also, I don't think Musashi and Kojiro are really wanted in sinnoh right?

Yeah, I think he likes it. Team Rocket is finally getting the spotlight they always deserved :3

QFT. I don't think anyone can argue now that team rocket is useless.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom