• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of its stats are very low except for Attack, sadly...

Well in that case I will use that as my base on the stars as it seems reasonable to me & it won't be far wrong. I have never bothered with a guide before because everything was online months in advance so I could plan my team properly. Now all I will have to go on is typing & appearance (which barely matters to me) with possibility of movepools being in the guide.

So with that limited information it is looking like

Chesnaught
Talonflame
Tyrantrum
Helioisk
Aegislash
Pangoro

Or I change from tradition of new pokemon only for my 1st run through & wait until I have all the information to plan properly & go with a mega team

Charizard Y
Abomasnow
Gardevior
Gengar
Lucario
Ampharos

Someone at smogon just estimated pangoros base stats, and it had around 110hp, around 70 defenses, and around 130 atk

There are two interesting moves that changed type, that would be a likely signature move for Pumpkaboo and Phantump. They are Trick or Treat and Forest's Curse. The former changes type to Ghost, while the latter changes to Grass. Despite the part of an interview where the designers wanted new moves to be prioritised to new Pokemon first and foremost, I do hope that there are a few others that get this move, because of the possibilities.

I can see a few ghosts get Trick or Treat, such as Gengar (somewhat like the Tower of Terror episode in the anime). That move is precisely interesting because it allows said Ghosts to hit the inflicted for super-effective damage after that. If it affects Normal-types as well, they have something to be cautious of.

Then, there's Forest's Curse. I don't really see this move fitting existing Grass-types, maybe except a few like Celebi or Shiftry. It probably won't be given to the Grass/Poison-types, since they will have a super combo of this move and Sludge Bomb.

Thanks for reading.

Is it confirmed that togepi is fairy? Does anyone have a picture of it being pure fairy?

I only think Trick or Treat would be useful since it most likely will be given to ghosts, who get STAB SE thanks to it. Cursed Forest wouldn't be that great if distributed to grass types since they can't exactly do much to themselves.

Azumarill has 100 base HP and 80 base Defense. That good enough?

Forgot about Azumarill, but I'm not sure if that's particularly strong. However, given that Togekiss exists, and Steel types exist, and Dragons typically pair their STAB with Earthquake or a fire move (and Togekiss will likely prevent Earthquake), Azumarill could probably stand to get hit by fire moves. It's also resistant against Steel.

Kind of feeling bad for Dragonite now. It's not going to be able to run Roost if it wants to cover all its bases and Goodra probably outclasses it as your choice of dragon on rain teams

Last edited:
I know, it is disappointing but I will still probably use one at some stage. That attack stat & typing is difficult to turn down in game when he is going to out-speed most things anyway

Forest's Curse description says that the target's type will be Grass as well. What if the target were a dual type pokemon before it is hit with Forest's Curse?

Forest's Curse description says that the target's type will be Grass as well. What if the target were a dual type pokemon before it is hit with Forest's Curse?

I'd assume it's the same as with Soak- it becomes single-type grass. Soak will even turn a water/ghost Jellicent into a pure water type (assuming it doesn't have Water Absorb of course).

For example, tentacool is water poison

Water is the primary type, poison is the second type.

Water then gets turned into grass and then tentacool is grass/poison

Tentacool turns into pure water if you soak it, so that, i think it will be pure grass if you forest curse it.

For example, tentacool is water poison

Water is the primary type, poison is the second type.

Water then gets turned into grass and then tentacool is grass/poison

Are you certain that that's how it works? I would've thought that it would work like Soak: change to a mono type regardless of whether the target is a dual type.

Thanks for reading.

Yeah, forest curse should work like Soak. I wonder if Gourgeist can learn a fire type move and forest curse, which could work in its advantage greatly. Or is it a Trevenant move? Either way, Forest Curse plus an advantage move over grass is a great strategy.

Also, have we discussed the world map yet? I kind want to do a comparison and see how big it is:

Region Routes Cities POIs

Kanto 28 10 14
Johto 20 10 12
Hoenn 34 16 20
Sinnoh 30 14 (can't count thanks to the lousy system for POI's in game, and its hard to pinpoint what counts as a POI in Kalos and Unova terms in Sinnoh)
Unova 23 18 28
Kalos 24 17 14

Its either 3rd or 2nd, depending on how you look at it. Its 24 routes can count as much as Sinnohs or Hoenns 30 and 34 as their size is likely much bigger, the city count definitely is one of the highest, but the POI department is lacking. Maybe the cities also have some which help boost the count, but we can't be sure. All in all though, Kalos seems to be big enough to have a 50+ hour campaign, and it holds over 400 Pokemon, so I think its safe to say numbers don't count.

Last edited:
are the pumpkaboo and little trevenant evo methods known yet? maybe they have something to do with forest curse and trick or treat

I haven't payed much attention but can anyone provide a list of all the current megas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom