• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
I mean its not unreasonable to assume that Cutiefly's evolution will be featured on the twentieth. Considering we caught glimpse of it in one of the JP trailers. I mean like he could have thought logically.

At the same time though, GF could hold off as long as they wanted to reveal it officially, but I see where you're coming from.

Does Cutiefly's evo count toward their legitimacy, or is that one exempt since we know it exists already?

His legitimacy will be helped if it's true, but not enough to consider him like the Riddler. It will help his case, and with the amount of information he's put out, we'll probably get other information that either confirms his legitimacy or disproves him.

We'll find out tomorrow if this guy is legit too.
you can prove it to be suspicious, if not fake, even without tomorrow's trailer: he says that he's unfamiliar with Pokemon as it's his first project, yet he seems to have a fair knowledge of the series (he recognizes Colress and Xerosic well enough to be able to tease them; knows the Frontier Brains from Emerald and Platinum; can recognize what the PWT is). also he calls Akala Island the volcano island twice, which is weird. also didn't mention Gladion.

No need to rely on the Bug-type reveal only. He also said Lugarugan's localized name would be something like "Wolfilth" (wolf + filth??...what) and we'll almost certainly get its real English name tomorrow so that'll also help confirm or debunk this leak.

He/she also-also specified that the Bug type was Bug/Dark (and was Guzma's ace), so, we'll know for dead certain if that does or doesn't happen.

He/she also-also specified that the Bug type was Bug/Dark (and was Guzma's ace), so, we'll know for dead certain if that does or doesn't happen.
Not only that, but his crude images that seemed to be pixilated had a code. First two letters after GFExe were part of the name, and the last two were either evolution, number, or type. Pretty elaborate, so if it's fake, I give him credit. He worked hard to seem legit and leak subtle hints.

Well, the hype is still going strong on this one, here's hoping for the following tomorrow:
  1. More new Pokemon, which would include evolutions for Pokemon like Cutiefly and Pikipek and possibly the Starter's first evolution stages
  2. More Alolan forms, we haven't seen Alolan Persian just yet, we need to see it and reveal if the Pokemon mentioned in many leaks do indeed have Alolan forms or not
  3. Version exclusive Pokemon, not just the legendaries but also other Pokemon, including explaining if Lurarugan is version exclusive or not and how it's evolution works
  4. It was said that there will me more Ultra Beasts, I could see them revealing another Ultra Beast or two along with the other Pokemon
Man I won't be able to sleep tonight

It's gonna drop 10:30pm where I am. I'm probably going sleepless tonight until I'm done talking about this with you guys, heh.

Predictions? Nothing in particular, except for Lugarugan clarification - if they can put this debate to bed, the damage done by the revelation may be mitigated slightly if they do it sooner rather than later. Of course, as usual, hoping for some leak debunking and confirmation, too, so we know who to trust...

I'm actually hoping that they dont reveal too many more Ultra Beasts. Or rather, I hope that not too many more exist to be revealed in the first place. They seem to be legendary tier and central to the plot. I always dislike having too many legends introduced because some always feel underdeveloped. Legends should be scarce, and I also don't want a bunch of transcendental entities that may or may not even be catchable filling up the list of new Pokémon introduced. I'd rather have more Pokémon to use during the story.

To keep this on topic, though, is there any leak that indicates what Ultra Beasts are?

Here's the thing - Ultra Beasts may not even be legends in the Pokemon universe. With how alien they are, the mere concept of their existence may not even be recorded by human hands by anyone in Alola or the Pokemon world (except perhaps their creators, should they be manufactured), much less most of us fans IRL before their reveal! They've already got enough air of mystery about them in the prerelease, and while I will admit that revealing more and more about them as the prerelease period continues does dispel a bit of that mystery, we're still being left in the dark as to why they're only revealing themselves now, among other things. They may be Legendary tier in terms of power, but their mere existence is already astounding enough that I think it'd be more surprising if they are actually in the legends of Alola itself.

On the note of what you said about leaks, I'm curious as to that as well.

They did?
Well, I know they did mention Bug/Dark Guzma's ace, but I don't remember they specified that Pokemon as the supposedly revealed Bug-type Pokemon for the 20th.

Have any leaks mentioned Ultra Training and how we go about collecting the bottle caps?

To keep this on topic, though, is there any leak that indicates what Ultra Beasts are?

None of the leaks in the OP even mention the Ultra Beasts, they really were a huge surprise. There's only the Solgaleo/Lunala pre-evo leak who describes them as 'Boss level alien Pokémon", but that's not much to go on :p

Have any leaks mentioned Ultra Training and how we go about collecting the bottle caps?

Also not present in any of the leaks in the OP.

What do you mean by the pictures being put together?

He's talking about the dimensions of the image. As in the length of the image and the width of the image. Combine them together and you get 820...

and apparently it's supposed to be hinting that Lunalas national dex number is 820.

What does the text in the image say? Could anyone translate?

If the superhero leaks come true then
Litten's evo's night form= Hybrid of Wolverine and Hulk
Popplio's evo's night form= Black widow
Rowlet's evo's night form=Green Arrow/Hawkeye

Hopefully in the next few minutes there'll be more confirmation/deconfirmation on the leaks.

Back
Top Bottom