• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
All I can say is why is a Guardian grass/fairy when its red? I guess they just wanted all the terrains to be used.

Just a speculation, with the amount of data in the game, could it be that this would be sort of a Gold and Silver style with:

First Part - Trials and Main Story
Second Part - fast forward to some minute changes in Alola, Alola Gym Badges and League?

Seems fair huh?

Doubt it i think they will save it for sun moon sequel

Do you think we'll be able to decide who sets up a Gym. Like say we can recruit people to be gym leaders, Like Wicke, Faba, Gladion, Kukui any of the Trial Captains. In the demo right next to the police station there is a blank plot of land there, it looks like a place a Gym could be, and if you look across the map there are A LOT of blank plots.

All I can say is why is a Guardian grass/fairy when its red? I guess they just wanted all the terrains to be used.
Flowers come in MANY different colors.

Or because XY/ORAS/SM happen in a different universe and ORAS happens later than in the old one.

I've suggested this before, but I don't think that fixes this particular issue. Wally is said to be 10 years old in ORAS, and we don't know how much time has passed between XY and SM. ORAS would have to be happening very close in time to XY in order for Wally to look basically the same in SM, but I just don't think that's possible. The model of the Royal Unova in the Oceanic Museum suggests that ORAS still take place some years before BW, let alone XY.

Frankly, I still don't understand why they didn't have ORAS take place slightly after XY, rather than a long time before. It would have fixed a lot of the discrepancies. (In fact, I think the only things keeping it from being post-XY are the Royal Unova model and the Mr. Bonding scene, right?)

Either way, the truth is that this is just PWT.2 and they're using pre-existing models where available.

Because, DEATH to stereotypical colors!!!!!!!!!!!

I love that it's red. :D

That's easy it's a bull and bulls have redish brown coloring at times, but they want it earth based. Bulls a long time ago represented aspects of mother earth so it makes perfect sense

Do you think we'll be able to decide who sets up a Gym. Like say we can recruit people to be gym leaders, Like Wicke, Faba, Gladion, Kukui any of the Trial Captains. In the demo right next to the police station there is a blank plot of land there, it looks like a place a Gym could be, and if you look across the map there are A LOT of blank plots.

Flowers come in MANY different colors.
Don't get too far ahead here guys they have flat out said there are NO GYMS. Even if you build a league I do not believe it will have anything to do with gyms in any way. Just a championship level at the end.

I've suggested this before, but I don't think that fixes this particular issue. Wally is said to be 10 years old in ORAS, and we don't know how much time has passed between XY and SM. ORAS would have to be happening very close in time to XY in order for Wally to look basically the same in SM, but I just don't think that's possible. The model of the Royal Unova in the Oceanic Museum suggests that ORAS still take place some years before BW, let alone XY.

Frankly, I still don't understand why they didn't have ORAS take place slightly after XY, rather than a long time before. It would have fixed a lot of the discrepancies.

Either way, the truth is that this is just PWT.2 and they're using pre-existing models where available.

Because, DEATH to stereotypical colors!!!!!!!!!!!

I love that it's red. :D
Doesn't it?
If we know it's a different universe with events playing out differently then couldn't the Royal Unova have just not been completed in X/Yvers Unova?
A different version of B/W and B/W2 must have happened without it. I would imagine ORAS would happen at the same time as X/Y since remakes have been at around the same time since FR&LG, which works in a new vers.

I think the main page needs some updating...

I'm working on it, I'm working on it! D: I do have more to do than just this you know :p

My version:
True:

• Final Starter Evos leak: Now officially confirmed.
  • Chinese Leak: “Starter's final forms with be an archer, a wrestler and a siren. Siren is Water/Fairy.”
  • 4chan Leak: “Looker, Cynthia, Blue, Zinnia, AZ, and Lance all make appearances.”
Maybe true:
  • Chinese Leak: “Your main objective is to build a league. After you finish building a league, the Elite 4 will appear.” (a league is being build, but it’s unsure if you’re helping to build it, nevermind it being your main objective).
  • Pre-evo leak: Since only Cosmog was revealed today, it does seem to be that Solgaleo and Lunala have a common pre-evo. However, nothing about this has been confirmed yet.
False:
  • Starter Types on the Japanese Website: Though not really a leak, it was speculated for a long time that the types would be Grass/Ground, Fire and Water/Fighting because of type images on the Japanese website. This is now confirmed false.
  • Random Leaks: “Tapu Mumu (as in ‘moo’) is a red Guardian and is designed like a cow. It has horns like a bull (instead of the Mohawk Tapu Koko has).” (though worth noting that Tapu Bulu is partly red and has horns, but it has a different name and is very much a bull, not a cow)
  • Game Half Finished Leak: “Alolan Persian (Dark/Psychic) (recolour with bit of sassiness, with fancier gem).”
  • Storm Crystal Leak: “Tapu Rei Rei is fire/fairy. Tapu Se Se is psychic/fairy. Tapu Di Di is ghost/fairy.”

Chinese Leak
- Confirmed that you can build a league
- Dolphin is a Tapu and Snowman is a Yeti Crab
- Using the bracelet to change forms has not been decomfirmed yet. Gamefreak has done pretty well with scrubbing the demo so it could still be possible

That we're building a League is not confirmed yet. There is a league being build, but nothing is said about us building it. Also it's not 100% sure that the Dolpin is the Tapu (it really doesn't look like one imo) and that the Snowman is referring to the Yeti Crab, so not confirming those. It might be that we never know, but it just isn't obvious enough to confirm it.
- Is right about using a special ball to catch ultra beasts
Not confirmed yet.
- Is right about the starter evos types not being as expected (Grass/Ghost Rowlet)
That's only one starter evo though, the rest were exactly as expected. Again too vague to really confirm.

Doesn't it?
If we know it's a different universe with events playing out differently then couldn't the Royal Unova have just not been completed in X/Yvers Unova?
A different version of B/W and B/W2 must have happened without it.

This is a fair point, even if it goes against the intuitive response.

I would imagine ORAS would happen at the same time as X/Y since remakes have been at around the same time since FR&LG, which works in a new vers.

I mean, the immediate assumption based on Mr. Bonding's origin taking place in ORAS and the Royal Unova model, and just the previous placement of RSE in the timeline (which I personally am not beholden to, but a lot of people seem determined to keep it there), would be that it's years and years before XY.

But I suppose there is no immediate reason as to why they can't take place at around the same time, with ORAS being slightly earlier, kind of like HGSS has to be a little while before Platinum in order for the red Gyarados to be documented (and for Grandma Wilma to move to Sinnoh from Blackthorn).

Maybe they could be overlapped, but it's still not as neat and clean as it would be if ORAS took place after XY, which would streamline everything not having to do with the Royal Unova or Mr. Bonding.

Last edited:
If you look at a long-beaked dolphin it looks just like it, but half the size. Even the coloring and markings for the most part match.

My first thought was: man, they REALLY couldn't make any worse names for the starters...

I think most of em are pretty decent compared to what we have had. INCINEROAR THO. That. Is badass.

Can I just say that the Tapu Z-move makes the trainer look like they are about to murder something with absolute joy on their face
fbdd943478d74c86b327bc011a4b2045.png

38d1a0dc5fd24376978d9be9668b99f1.png
These are definitely not the faces of mercy

I love it! That's the face I would make (but I'd probably make that face while crushing any trainer really).

Not confirmed yet.

That's only one starter evo though, the rest were exactly as expected. Again too vague to really confirm.

Some people would argue fire/fighting was more expected for Litten. In fact thinking about it a bit, I would. Most people that see it would probably immediately assume GF did it again, and the certainly have been doing that for a while now recently.

Or because XY/ORAS/SM happen in a different universe and ORAS happens later than in the old one.
No there is a timeline sheet for everything so far and the royal Unova wasnt built yet during ORAS, canon Mr. Bonding debut and creation and the BF for it it's just a remake through and through.

Last edited:
The thing is even if ORAS takes place just before XY, there should stI'll be a notable difference in age for Wally as the two from XY are clearly older then their original selves. So that is an inconsistency, though one I think is borne of just reusing the models rather then establishing any pointerest in the timeline for it.

I pretty sure now that Cosmog is Solgaleo and Lunala's pre-evolve, and the other Pokemon we saw in data mined is their mid-evolve.

I can't see any point that makes GF will put one exclusive Pokemon in Lillie's bag, and put it far from Lunala in Pokedex.

The thing is even if ORAS takes place just before XY, there should stI'll be a notable difference in age for Wally as the two from XY are clearly older then their original selves. So that is an inconsistency, though one I think is borne of just reusing the models rather then establishing any pointerest in the timeline for it.
Don't forget Royal Unova wasn't built then, Mr. Bonding was created then and more its just that he already has a usable model why change nothing more.

Oh, absolutely. It's just that, if you're like me, in that you're the kind of fan who likes to think about and nitpick timelines and such, trying to make it all work is part of the fun. :p

If anything, I'm not concerned about Wally (clearly his appearance in the Battle Tree is either non-canonical or pseudo-canonical, just like the PWT) so much as I am about Looker. The 4chan leak that mentions the returning characters is looking very strong now due to today's trailer, and Looker is a particular point of interest for me. We saw that he became afflicted with amnesia in ORAS, but if that's at the beginning of the timeline, then it's completely meaningless and out-of-the-blue, because it doesn't seem as though it will ever be followed up on, with SM taking place after XY. Not that it's impossible for it to be totally random and meaningless. but it would be very strange. Whereas, it would make perfect sense if he was leaving Kalos as we saw in XY, and then his boat crashed, and he washed up on the Battle Resort. If the 4chan leak is correct about Looker appearing, then what if he is still an amnesiac? I would think he would have to be if there was any kind of point to having him go through that in the first place, and that would have to mean that the Battle Resort scene post-dates the Looker Bureau.

Back
Top Bottom