• Snowy takes a train out of Hammerlocke Watch here as he battles his way toward Wyndon.
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!
  • Hello all! The staff is planning a restructuring to the forums on April 11th. Please see this announcement thread for details.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 226 52.1%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.7%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
Reaction score
There were still a bunch for Rotom, whereas B2W2 only had legendary forms.

Really, forms have nothing to do with the distinction between a third version, remake and sequel.
Yeah but that's rotom's gimmick just like cherim has a sun form.

When talking about NEW forms there is usually a story reason for it

Teacher & Parent
Reaction score
Rotom didn't have those forms in Diamond/Pearl, they only exist in Platinum, and can't be traded back.

Reaction score
Rotom didn't have those forms in Diamond/Pearl, they only exist in Platinum, and can't be traded back.
Yeah but I mean his gimmick is possessing appliances and usually a Pokemon with a new form has story reasons behind it

Reaction score
Yeah but I mean his gimmick is possessing appliances and usually a Pokemon with a new form has story reasons behind it
that's a pointless distinction to make since the reality of most "story reasons" behind certain form changes is that they're simply throw away responses to why you couldn't have said form originally.

Pokemon to discover and Chinese Riddles to solve!
Reaction score
Rotom is such a babe, I am honestly gonna miss Rotom pokedex if it isnt in the next game or the Sinnoh Remakes.

I legitimately crave a Rotom Pokedex form, make it a spare one or a replica or a prototype to explain why we can have it and our Pokedex at the same time.

Steel / Electric typing with Levitate would be great, and in terms of a steel-type move to learn Flash Cannon, Automize/Shift-Gear make sense and would be neato
I pray for it's addition to the game ;~;

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
There's so much that there is to speculate on next year. We could jump right to the Switch or stay on the 3DS. We could revisit Alola, Sinnoh, or Kanto. The possibilities are limitless!

Pokemon to discover and Chinese Riddles to solve!
Reaction score
There's so much that there is to speculate on next year. We could jump right to the Switch or stay on the 3DS. We could revisit Alola, Sinnoh, or Kanto. The possibilities are limitless!
Honestly the fact that a revisit to Kanto is even be speculated on in that list (its justified but) makes me kinda sad because it has no reason to reappear other than pandering. it got virtual console so i just hope we don't go to kanto again, honestly I think its a super bland region overall which is to be expected since it was the first one and they could only do so much.

Strongest Trainer
Reaction score
Honestly the fact that a revisit to Kanto is even be speculated on in that list (its justified but) makes me kinda sad because it has no reason to reappear other than pandering. it got virtual console so i just hope we don't go to kanto again, honestly I think its a super bland region overall which is to be expected since it was the first one and they could only do so much.
My guess is between going to alola gain or revisit sinnoh, I don't know about kanto, I think we had enough kanto stuff as it is, I don't see in 2017, we'll likely to see it in the future but not 2017

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
Personally, I'm getting tired of Kanto pandering as well, but I'd give Game Freak a chance to make Kanto a more interesting region. It is probably the least interesting region to me as well, but I'd like to see it get a makeover someday.

Reaction score
20th anniversary was the perfect time for a Kanto region game. They didn't release them then so I think they just don't want to do it. But 25th anniversary can be a chance to do so tho.

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
20th anniversary was the perfect time for a Kanto region game. They didn't release them then so I think they just don't want to do it. But 25th anniversary can be a chance to do so tho.
We've had enough of Kanto.
1. Kanto has been present (or has been referenced) in some form or the other in every generation so far (except Gen V).
2. Lots of Alolan form slots were taken over by Kanto Pokemon. And also, they were designed so uselessly (looking at you, Persian and Dugtrio) that they look like some sort of teaser. Even devaintart artists have come up with much better concepts than this! (Not meant in an offensive tone)
Just Google "Alolan (Insert Pokemon here)", and you get lots of nice results which are better than what we have.

Laid to Wake
Reaction score
We've had enough of Kanto.
1. Kanto has been present in some form or the other in every generation so far (except Gen V).
People keep saying this and yet, Gen I stuff still sells very well.

Besides, all of its post-RBY appearances have been essential, and basically non-negotiable. Pretty much everybody loved going back there in GSC, to the point that people will keep asking for another game with a post-game region until the sun turns cold. FRLG were necessary to make all of the Kanto and Johto Pokémon available again, and were the first remakes ever. Totally justified in their existence. And then they really had no choice but to include it in HGSS (which were themselves in very high demand, thanks to FRLG setting that precedent); can you imagine if they'd left Kanto out of the GSC remakes?

On top of that, it's never been truly expanded or changed in the way that a sequel would necessitate. FRLG was largely just a graphical update with a set of islands stapled on; little about mainland Kanto was changed. And it took a more diminutive form in both GSC and HGSS.

(or has been referenced)
I really don't see why this one matters.

Johto has been referenced in every game since GSC
Hoenn has been referenced in every game since RS
Sinnoh has been referenced in every game since DPP
Unova has been referenced in every game since BW
Kalos has been referenced in every game since XY

Reaction score
I don't fully understand the Kanto hate, but I am a Genwunner for sure as the original Blue was my first PKMN game. I really do think, love and hate aside, the clues would point towards Kanto as being the location we see, if we even venture out of Alola.

This next thought isn't so much speculation as imagination, but I was thinking about this yesterday and thought it would be awesome. It would kind of make sense, but, again, not so much looking for responses of how unlikely it is as much as on if you think it would be a cool idea.

What if the Switch versions were two reboots of Red and Blue, where we journey solely through Kanto. However, it's 'modern day' Kanto, where PKMN of all Gens would be present, and certain characters from Gen 7 are encountered (Lillie, Lusamine) in the story. Technically, still a Gen 7 game, but Switch exclusive. In this idea, trading/battle connectivity would exist between systems, and would be the only way to get the original forms of Alolan mons. No new PKMN would be added, but the twist is, there would be about ten of the new PKMN added this Gen whom are now present in Kanto, but in Kanto forms. For example, maybe Salandit is found on Cinnabar, but only males evoke and get Poison/Dragon typing. Again, I don't expect this, but I would be very excited to play it.

Reaction score
Gen I gets the most attention because it has the most value to them in terms of sales and marketing, no rocket science there. I believe that RBY-fans still form the foundation of the Pokemon fandom, no matter how big of a fan they truely are. I think it makes a lot of sense fot them that appealing to those fans is way more important for both Nintendo and GF than to hardcore fans.

I sure as hell would want to travel back to Kanto. Yes, we've been there the most, but its also more than 8 years ago since we've been there. (not to mention that it was post game with zero plot relevance)

"What do you mean, my Gengarite is contraband?!"
Reaction score
I'm also starting to get a bit tired of Kanto, really. I know and understand that it's where the series began but I'm beginning to feel more than a little alienated as a Pokémon fan. It's not my beginning. With Diamond and Pearl, the main games that truly brought me into the fold, up next for a remake amongst all this Kanto and Stars speculation... well, I'm going to be honest here and say that I feel as though my nostalgia is being pitted directly against everyone else's. It hasn't been pretty.

Only 79 new Pokemon?
Reaction score
I wouldn't want them to just have Kanto but with another story as a game.

Save that as DLC or as a postgame, not charge full price for it.

Previously known as 'Isamu Akai'
Reaction score
Rotom is such a babe, I am honestly gonna miss Rotom pokedex if it isnt in the next game or the Sinnoh Remakes.
I wouldn't. Rotom was honestly the most pointless addition in S/M, and incredibly annoying as well. The only thing I liked about the Rotom Dex was how it kept track of your progress in percentage and how it also doubled as a map, but you don't need a talking Pokedex to achieve any of that. Seriously, I hate everything that comes out of its digital mouth, especially every time I fly over and just want to check the map.

That aside, returning to the actual conversation, I don't see Kanto happening as a postgame region, and I'm a Genwunner. Kanto as a postgame region was something that was specifically developed for GS and something that Game Freak really wanted at the time as GR's direct sequel. Kanto was only significant then.