• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
I'm not arguing the necessity of something to look masculine or feminine, but it's pretty ridiculous to say the Dex says they are male and female when the PKMN are genderless. Which clearly alludes towards one being masculine and one being feminine as opposed to being male or female. Which is pretty hard to claim on GENDERLESS POKEMON.

Do yourself a favour and read the actual Pokédex entries. It literally says "It is said to be the male/female evolution of Cosmog." Note that the keyword in that is 'said.' It is SAID to be the male or female evolution. The Pokédex has said a lot of strange things that aren't necessarily true, and this is no different. The words male and female along with that sentence cannot possibly be referring to or even implying 'masculine' or feminine', it literally says 'male and female,' especially when you take into account that neither legendary even look masculine or feminine, especially compared to a lot of other legendary Pokémon.

There is also the fact that had Solgaleo and Lunala had actual genders, then there wouldn't even be a need for that Pokédex entry at all. The reason the Pokédex entry is there to begin with is because a human programmed it in, possibly because of past beliefs that humans once considered them to be male and female despite the fact they aren't.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you both (BlindCaptainDrip and Akira Bond) arguing that Solgaleo and Lunala are genderless? (The conversation's a bit hard to follow)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you both (BlindCaptainDrip and Akira Bond) arguing that Solgaleo and Lunala are genderless? (The conversation's a bit hard to follow)

No. My original argument was to another user in regards to masculinity and femininity in Pokémon, in which I believe those human social constructs have no bearing in the Pokémon world, and therefore, Pokémon do not need specific evolutions just to make them look more masculine and feminine. BlindcaptainDrip then attempted (and failed) to disprove my argument with Solgaleo's and Lunala's Pokédex entries.

The real discussion is on whether or not Pokémon need to have more masculine or feminine evolutions to counter balance whatever evolutions they already have.

Okay, now I see how the conversation flows. (Sorry to have butt in, I was thinking it was just a misunderstanding that could have been cleared up)

Anyone else hear about komala might actually be the piece of wood and not the bear?

Even it's shiny form just the wood changes color

I somehow doubt Pokemon really understand the human construct that is the concept of gender.

Anyone else hear about komala might actually be the piece of wood and not the bear?

Wasn;t there a similar thing about Wobbufet's tail being the actual pokemon?

A few Youtubers have been saying there's a leak that says there will be 10+ new Alolan forms. (Along with 20+ new Pokemon, which weren't Alolan forms)
They have the link to the leak.

But I can't find who leaked it (whether he/ she's a significant person or not)

I don't think that holds up though, considering...

> Pokédex: The log it holds was given to it by its parents at birth. It has also been known to cling to the arm of a friendly Trainer.

A few Youtubers have been saying there's a leak that says there will be 10+ new Alolan forms. (Along with 20+ new Pokemon, which weren't Alolan forms)
They have the link to the leak.

But I can't find who leaked it (whether he/ she's a significant person or not)
Here's the leak:
Geno's Nintendo Switch Ramblings

Take everything with a grain of salt. Not confirmed at all.

That "leak" is ridiculously detailed. Danganronpa V3 not only being localized by March but also released for the Switch is hardly believable; surely it would have been confirmed by now. Comaster being suddenly relevant in late 2017 is also laughable.

And we need more regional variants than new Pokemon. I would think Game Freak would realize that.

Going to say that that doc contradicts Dragon Quest XI's previously stated Japanese release date, stating Summer.

Square Enix wants to get it out before May 27, 2017, because of the anniversary back on May 27, 2016.

Maybe it slipped, I don't know. But it does seem contradictory.

Also, I don't think it'd leak so thoroughly either. Does this guy have a track record of getting information correct?

That "leak" is ridiculously detailed. Danganronpa V3 not only being localized by March but also released for the Switch is hardly believable; surely it would have been confirmed by now. Comaster being suddenly relevant in late 2017 is also laughable.

And we need more regional variants than new Pokemon. I would think Game Freak would realize that.
I agree. That's a lot to claim for a leak this early.
Also, if the games can trade with Comaster, it kind of means we can use real cash to "buy" Pokemon.

Color me skeptical. But I feel like that this a "too good to be true" leak. Something that is gonna be false with only a few things being true at best.

As others have said, that leak is very well detailed. If it is false, he has placed a lot of time and detail into it. Next week will hopefully she some light on this leak, with the Nintendo Switch presentation and the live treehouse event.

Unfortunately however, I did find some things in that leak rather interesting. In particular, when he mentioned Super Mario Sunshine, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle and Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness would be released on the eShop, it did make me hope that this leak is true. I loved those games and there are a lot of Gamecube games I would love to see on Nintendo Switch.

Back
Top Bottom