• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
For my part, I think that both of those designs fall completely flat as they have nothing interesting going on at all. They're just bigger, tougher-looking Litten. (n)

It's not that I wouldn't want Litten to evolve into a quadruped (I had actually been hoping that it would, before I saw the leak), but I personally want at least some kind of thematic concept to accompany the physical growth. That's mainly the reason why I like the leak so much even though it isn't quite what I had wished for - it still has a really neat, well-executed idea behind it, and is dripping with personality.
I agree completely! It would have been nice if (assuming the starter evo leak is true) Litten stayed on all fours, but I really like the design and personality the final evolution design has. I am still choosing Rowlet on my first playthrough of the game (that may change over time, depending on what the middle evolutions look like), but I can honestly say I'm really happy with all three designs of the starters' evolutions.

I actually like Rowlet's final evo and don't mind Popplio's (though a different design couldn't hurt either) but heck yeah on the quad tiger because I'm just a little tired of all the nice four-legged pokemon having to stand up as they evolve.

=P I'm not sure that the anti-biped tigers are necessarily the same people crying about unoriginal designs. I know I'm not. That, and I'm not sure that I would call "Luchalitten" all that original of a design either.

...okay that link is kind of a joke, but I still wouldn't call a bipedal muscle tiger super original. Nor would I call a quad tiger original either... honestly don't care about "original" because no matter what, it's all been done before. I just want a design that's nice to look at, and I'm not a fan of the muscle guy look in general. But that, of course, is just me.
I immediately jumped off the Litten bus due to Litten3 appearing Fighting type even if it ends up Dark, it being a biped didn't help things for me either. I'm proudly aboard Poplio3 now. I don't really care about how the designs look in general because I'm sure there will be at least one I'll like.

I didn't actually mean to clump folks together, I'm just discouraged by all the hate towards the evos (if they turn out to be real of course.)

For what it's worth, when the starters for X & Y were first being leaked I saw a lot of people hating on all three of them, even Greninja.

I'm guessing people will warm up to them more when we see them in-game. They're at a disadvantage really because we've known about them for so long without being able to see what they look like in-game.

I immediately jumped off the Litten bus due to Litten3 appearing Fighting type even if it ends up Dark, it being a biped didn't help things for me either. I'm proudly aboard Poplio3 now. I don't really care about how the designs look in general because I'm sure there will be at least one I'll like.
I'm happy to say that I was never on the Litten bus. XD I would've picked Rowlet to begin with and I'd still pick Rowlet now. Though I have a funny sort of appreciation for Popplio- I was hoping for a sea lion pokemon to come along eventually because I wanted to add it to my dog collection in a group I'm in (I know, it's totally not a dog XD) and what does Pokemon release? Why, a little sea lion with puppy ears. Thank you, Game Freak!

I find it funny that some many people on these kinds of forums don't like the idea of a bipedal fire starter, but places like gamefaqs flat out don't care how many legs it stands on as long as it's not Fire/Fighting

I actually like Popplio's leak evo a lot. The moment I saw it, I wanted it to be real.
It seems that a great portion of the Pokemon community simply dislikes feminine Pokemon in general.
In reality, feminine designs are needed because firstly, girls play Pokemon too, and secondly, Japanese males actually like feminine characters as well as tough/ cool characters.

I loved Litten from the moment I saw it. Then, those leaks came, and I really didn't like it. But now, I've REALLY warmed up to it (pun intended). I really love the design and idea for it. The fact that it's bipedal didn't help, but I don't care anymore because of how cool it looks!

How did it make you hate it more?
It just felt too rugged and rough. I am not a fan of Fighting-like appearance starters. I was so set on Litten, but the rumored final stage just made me disembark the Litten-train.

On a related note, I instantly disliked Rowlet when I saw the starters. I knew that most would love him and I don't like overrated Pokemon. I am neutral with Popplio, not entirely hate, but not loving either.

So I am going to choose Popplio and box it immediately.

I'm still aboard the Litten train and I'll still be until the Final evo is revealed, I'll jump if the leaked Litten3 is real though. Being a Fire/Dark isn't enough for me to brush off the fact that it is a luchador and, as such, of Fighting inspiration. I thought we had crashed the Fire Starter With Fighting Type/Inspiration Train thanks to Delphox... Maybe I'll stay on the train if there is indeed a different form. (Maybe a Feral Form or something? The three of them are quite humans after all)
However, leaked Rowlet3 and Popplio3 are great, even though I don't like Popplio I have to admit that evolving into a Mermaid Entertainer is great and the Robin Hood Rowlet3 is what would make me join the Rowlet train if the leak is true.

I like all of the final evos myself, and I also like all the starters, so I'm mostly curious to see what the second evolutions will be like. After that, I'll probably choose my starter to complement any revealed Pokemon that I think is a must-have on my team.

I actually like Popplio's leak evo a lot. The moment I saw it, I wanted it to be real.
It seems that a great portion of the Pokemon community simply dislikes feminine Pokemon in general.
In reality, feminine designs are needed because firstly, girls play Pokemon too, and secondly, Japanese males actually like feminine characters as well as tough/ cool characters.
It's amazing how that works! Feminine Pokemon get the proverbial shaft for appealing to a potentially different demographic. I'm in love with Poplio3 to the point that I will be severely disheartened if it's debunked. I want to name it Azura because I'm having a Fire Emblem themed team for Moon.

Well, I suppose I'll be using Rowlett this run around. I hope this isn't like Unova where I ended up boxing my starter after a while.

I'm really not a fan of any of the evolutions based on what we've seen. They're... Okay? But they're aren't really appealing to me.

Well, I suppose I'll be using Rowlett this run around. I hope this isn't like Unova where I ended up boxing my starter after a while.

I'm really not a fan of any of the evolutions based on what we've seen. They're... Okay? But they're aren't really appealing to me.
Glad to see that I am not alone. I always use my starter, but this time will be the first time that I box her.

And that's another thing. What good is boxing your starter going to do. It's not like it saves people from seeing it ever again. Your rival is going to use, people online are going to use it. It doesn't help any, it's just that it's now not on your team, which I guess people purely make off aesthetics.

And that's another thing. What good is boxing your starter going to do. It's not like it saves people from seeing it ever again. Your rival is going to use, people online are going to use it. It doesn't help any, it's just that it's now not on your team, which I guess people purely make off aesthetics.
Your in-game team are your personal, trustworthy and loyal partners that you love and adore. Boxing your starter is a sign that you don't love your first Pokemon in the new region. Multiple factors leads to this decision, the final evolution, typing, design and other choices for Water, Fire, Grass and any secondary typings.

Considering all these factors, I have just decided to box my starter due to poor designs, other choices for Water, I don't use Fire and Grass on my team, Flying (Pom-pom Oricorio), Fairy (Cutiefly) and Dark. There hasn't been any decent Water- or Dark-types so far.

Your in-game team are your personal, trustworthy and loyal partners that you love and adore. Boxing your starter is a sign that you don't love your first Pokemon in the new region. Multiple factors leads to this decision, the final evolution, typing, design and other choices for Water, Fire, Grass and any secondary typings.

Considering all these factors, I have just decided to box my starter due to poor designs, other choices for Water, I don't use Fire and Grass on my team, Flying (Pom-pom Oricorio), Fairy (Cutiefly) and Dark. There hasn't been any decent Water- or Dark-types so far.
You talk about your team being your loving partners, yet you throw your first one away because of his looks. Doesn't that sound kind of...harsh?

Boxing your starter prevents you from using it. Also your rival doesn't choose the same starter. And besides, it's not like someone is going to have a heart attack if they see a Pokemon they don't like. And pretty much everyone for an in game team (and sometimes for a competitive team) chooses Pokemon they like based on design.

Uh, what? If someone boxes their starter the reason is probably because they don't want to use it themselves so who cares what everyone else uses? I didn't box Sunkern in GSC because I never wanted anyone to use Sunkern ever again I boxed it because it's pretty weak and I didn't want to use one lol.

Everyone uses different Pokemon for different reasons, that's the whole fun of it.

You talk about your team being your loving partners, yet you throw your first one away because of his looks. Doesn't that sound kind of...harsh?
Not just looks, typing as well. But yes, I have to be harsh sometimes. Everything can't always go swimmingly. :p

Back
Top Bottom