• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S11 EP20: Pika and Goliath!

I don't get how it's warm enough for Dawn to wear a summer dress, yet cold enough for Paul to wear that big heavy fleece.

I hated how they had the characters spell out every detail of the plot.

The narrator for the Pokemarathon...nah, couldn't be.

The narrator for the Pokemarathon...nah, couldn't be.
Yup! Steve Blum.

I can't say I really got much out of this episode except that Team Rocket managed to successfully steal something, which is a feat in and of itself. And only five pieces of music were kept, but it's definitely an improvement over last week (which had only kept 2).

Onward to the Wallace Cup.

You didn't have to delete the whole thing. Not everyone was on that subject. Man, you guys have got to chill over this dang cartoon.

Personally, I felt it was a great episode. I like how they made that Sho guy talk, kinda refreshing after hearing so many others sound the same. I was also surprised Ash keep that Thunderstone for so long. Guess Pikachu still never wants to evolve though. Finally what was Paul doing here? Cool that he got another appearence.

Great, now writing this again. But anyways, I overall enjoyed the episode with one disappointment. I laughed, I cried, and I had my wtf moments.

TO me, Sho made the episode for me. I laughed everything he said and was so weird acting all gangsta with all the slang with all the yo yo yo what's shakin. His impression reminded me of Jamie Kennedy from Mailbu's Most Wanted. I found the dub Sho more entertaing than the Japanese version, but just me.

I once again cried at the hospital scene, that part always gets to me, well doesn't help that I get bad rehashes of it that happened to me persoanlly.

The 2nd battle was simply amazing, I loved every minute of it, only disappointment was the BGM used, but the battle made up for it. But overall Sho made the episode for me, he made my day and I can't stop laughing.

I really don't want to write this again so I'll keep it short. This episode was very good and all. I was a bit disturbed by Sho's little homeboy comment.

I also liked how TR was smart enough to sell that useless thunderstone. Also, I hated how there was no motto, but liked Meowth's little fantasy.

Though personally I think we need a music ban one as well, it's seriously getting rather annoying to hear the complaints.

Ugh, I HATED this episode! X_X

To sum up my thoughts in one sentence:

If you know me, then you should know exactly why I hated "Pika and Goliath".

And if anyone here doesn't understand what I mean by this statment, just PM me. I would be more than happy to explain to you why I thought this episode was bad.

EDIT: On a lighter note, I really liked the animation. And the storyline of this episode was really good!

However, the music could've been better, especially during Ash's second battle against Shou. But meh, I don't care much about the music. ^^;

Last edited:
I like throwbacks to Season 1 like this.

You guys have to remember, a whole new generation of kids are growing up with the show now who have never seen the older seasons. These new kids probably wonder why Ash doesn't evolve Pikachu, so the writers have to make episodes like this for the new fanbase.

Now that the show has gone on for 11 years, you can't even assume everyone started watching with Season 1 anymore. Each new series brings new kids to the franchise and a storyline like this is brand new to them.

The Juno comment wasn't about voice actors. It was a joke about how PUSA makes the characters talk with modern American slang. Or are pop culture references banned here too?

You guys have to remember, a whole new generation of kids are growing up with the show now who have never seen the older seasons.
So, you're saying that no one is watching Pokemon Advanced, Monday through Friday at 7:00 AM?

Wow Scott, you really seem to be exaggerating, if you ask me. I mean, it's highly unlikely that the current generation of kids hasn't been watching Pokemon Advanced.

well, i need to repost. The plot was bland. and i hate this episode, though i cant post why in this thread. PM me for why.

Last edited:
So, you're saying that no one is watching Pokemon Advanced, Monday through Friday at 7:00 AM?

Wow Scott, you really seem to be exaggerating, if you ask me. I mean, it's highly unlikely that the current generation of kids hasn't been watching Pokemon Advanced.

Uh Lisa, most of these younger viewers are kids. Kids who have to go to school, kids who probably don't even wake up that early. So yeah, noone who has school is watching at the time.

As Naix pointed out, Pokemon doesn't have reruns in Japan like it does in America. The producers are foremost concerned with the Japanese audience, since... well it's a Japanese show.

Misty said:
I will look into the music issue.
Perhaps when it gets out of hand with complaints (like it did last week), although would "They kept ___ pieces" be acceptable?

If they gave Wallace some sort of accent in the next episode, could we complain about that? (half serious)

ehum, this show is from Japan, where they don't have reruns =P
As Naix pointed out, Pokemon doesn't have reruns in Japan like it does in America.
While that is true, I think you guys misunderstood what Scott85 said. He mentioned the term "seasons", which implies that he was referring to the dub version, because the dub has seasons.

Anyway, yeah, I already know about Japan not having reruns. I find that weird though, personally (why wouldn't the Japanese audience not be interested in see older episodes?).

Last edited:
>.>; Yeah...no idea what happened. I thought it was a good episode.

btw, isn't banning VA talk unfair?

If he has a extremely soft sounding voice,I guess yes.
That would be not about the actor,but of way a character is dubbed.
What if he sounds like harley?

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom