• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S14 EP14: A Night in the Nacrene City Museum!

I thought it was good Cilan one of people who believe in science and ended up being a total idiot in the end in with saying all that science stuff, Lenora was awesome in this episode! Too bad she nothing like that in games.

Anyone going to comment on Hawes's screen when the knight armor's head was after him? That was hilarious!

Cilan was completely stupid in this episode. It's great to be the logical guy but it just doesn't work here.

The Science vs Magic thing would work, except for one small problem.

They live in a world filled with creatures that can spew fire, shoot lightning, and explode without dying!

You can't use "There's a scientific reason for everything single thing" when you live in a world with magic.

Lenora's voice was wonderful and probably the highlight of this dub episode for me.

This was a really hilarious episode. I know others found Cilan annoying, but he really made laugh with all his scientific crap. It was also nice to see Iris be in the right, and I found that "Ash is a kid" joke to be funny this time.

My only non VA complaint is that Jessie didn't call Pierce pretentious like Musashi did. The Rockets don't get many funny moments these days TPCI; let them keep the ones they get.

OH. DEAR. GOD. Please tell me that voice won't be used for James' Yamask.

I can not agree with this statement enough. That voice was beyond shitty.

On the plus side, I thought Lenora had a great voice. It was just bad directing that made it sound so stilted at times, but you can say that about most of the voices on this show.

Good episode, but I feel like the problem was resolved a bit too easily. Did like the banter between Cilan and Iris, with poor Ash just trying to get to his gym battle.

Don't understand why people are disliking Yamask's voice. It sounds pretty much exactly like the original.

Cilan was completely stupid in this episode. It's great to be the logical guy but it just doesn't work here.

The Science vs Magic thing would work, except for one small problem.

They live in a world filled with creatures that can spew fire, shoot lightning, and explode without dying!

You can't use "There's a scientific reason for everything single thing" when you live in a world with magic.

It's not magic in their world.

In their world, all of that stuff has a scientific explanation.

My only non VA complaint is that Jessie didn't call Pierce pretentious like Musashi did. The Rockets don't get many funny moments these days TPCI; let them keep the ones they get.

What did she say in the English dub?

As for the bad voice direction, you can blame the dialogue too. It just seems so stilted itself. I wouldn't mind if the writers spruced up the script while sticking close to the JPN version like 4kids did but better.

Ahh. I remember speculating they'd do so when this episode first aired, and it looks as if I was right on the money. They really DID go back and edit Lenora's outfit for foreign audiences. Aprons are prohibited!

I liked Hawes, I guess that's it.
Another reason why Pikachu shouldn't have forgotten Volt Tackle. That's the worst idea ever, writers.

Last edited:
Ahh. I remember speculating they'd do so when this episode first aired, and it looks as if I was right on the money. They really DID go back and edit Lenora's outfit for foreign audiences. Aprons are prohibited!

I though someone would notice that!

Of course! A black woman wearing an apron? That's racist to everybody who is sensible enough!

I really think that the writers missed their opportunity to implement the stolen-dragonite-skull plot from the games into this episode ( or mini-arc?).
Why skip so many game elements which could help characterising Aloe and Artie? Let alone showcase Team Plasma? It is DP all over again. :/

That's really interesting; I would have never noticed before reading your post. Thanks for pointing it out!

I enjoyed this episode and found Cilan's consistent denial amusing. I laughed when he said, "...Oh, I don't even believe me anymore!" I forget Iris made those constant "Really now?" faces at him in the original and got a kick out of them, too.

I didn't think Yamask's voice was that bad; it sounded babyish to me. I still found its mask crying behind the glass creepy.

It was a pretty decent episode. So I guess this was all Hawes's fault.

At least we now know how to pronounce Cofagrigus. I thought it was cof-a-GRY-gus. I was wrong. Yamask was pretty cool. Is this the same one James catches?

Cilan was also pretty annoying.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom