• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Sevii Islands in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

@Joshawott;
We already have confirmation from an NPC in Sevault Canyon (iirc) that Brawly trained with Bruno. I'd rather they expand on that rather than giving Glacia a fairly similar back story. Besides, from her dialogue, she mentions that she trains in the tropical climate of the Hoenn region to strengthen her ice types. I'd assume she and her Pokemon naturally come from a colder climate. I'd have an easier time believing she was from Sinnoh given that Sealeo and Snorunt are also indigenous to the region, whereas they aren't even present in the Sevii Islands.

@Joshawott;
We already have confirmation from an NPC in Sevault Canyon (iirc) that Brawly trained with Bruno. I'd rather they expand on that rather than giving Glacia a fairly similar back story. Besides, from her dialogue, she mentions that she trains in the tropical climate of the Hoenn region to strengthen her ice types. I'd assume she and her Pokemon naturally come from a colder climate. I'd have an easier time believing she was from Sinnoh given that Sealeo and Snorunt are also indigenous to the region, whereas they aren't even present in the Sevii Islands.
Her being from Sinnoh would make sense, but it's also possible that she came from another region and trains her Pokémon in hotter climates to try and cancel their fire weakness. The Spheal line may be found in Sinnoh, but they aren't in the Sinnoh Pokédex and they are in Unova's (where the evolution line can be found in Undella Bay).

I do think GameFreak should do something with the severely underdeveloped Elite 4 though - Phoebe is the only one with any real back story and if we do have access to the Sevii Islands, which has the home of Kanto's Ice-type expert, it makes sense that she and Glacia should have some kind of interaction.

I'd much prefer if that spilled into the Sevii Islands as opposed to the Sevii Islands continuing FRLG's story though.
I'd rather that characters appear depending on what they have to contribute to the Sevii Islands story. There shouldn't be an overwhelming number of characters from any given region.

Maybe after the events of Sootopolis City, Team Magma/Aqua relocate there to try and launch a brand new plan (possibly revolving around Mt. Ember in a similar vein to Mt. Chimney?).
I don't want Game Freak to recycle plots any more than they have to. Team Magma and Team Aqua gave up on their plans when things went awry in Sootopolis, which made sense.

Specifically, the Pokémon Lab team who were said to have gone searching for the legendary birds in Cerulean Cave. We don't know anything about them or their encounter with Mewtwo, but they're much more intriguing than Team Rocket, and dare I say it, Team Magma and Team Aqua. Their story hasn't even begun yet, so there would be no repetition or retcons involved.

I never got past 3 Island in FR/LG... Or the Elite Four... When did we find out about a team of scientists trying to hunt down the birds?

I disagree that the Pokédex entry means that the event already happened in the past. This may be a matter of gameplay and story segregation, and besides, Game Freak probably didn't have much of a story in mind when they wrote that entry. Either way, someone should be responsible for the laser beam hitting the meteor, as it's a little too convenient otherwise.

Well, this is the same people who made one Cubone an orphan in Generation 1 and decided to base the entire species' Pokédex entries for the entire length of the franchise to reflect on that one individual's situation. So who knows? I for one would love to see the discovery of the Gen. 3 Pokémon Deoxys actually happen during the Generation 3 remakes. Maybe a Celebi event could take you to the past like in HG/SS and you actually name the very first Deoxys as "Deoxys", thereby making Brendan/May the "parent" of the species.

I never got past 3 Island in FR/LG... Or the Elite Four... When did we find out about a team of scientists trying to hunt down the birds?
One of the PCs in Cinnabar's Pokémon Lab contains an E-mail from the team:

E-mail said:
There are three legendary bird POKéMON.

They are ARTICUNO, ZAPDOS, and MOLTRES.

Their whereabouts are unknown.

We plan to explore the cavern close to CERULEAN.

BlackButterfree said:
Maybe a Celebi event could take you to the past like in HG/SS and you actually name the very first Deoxys as "Deoxys", thereby making Brendan/May the "parent" of the species.
I don't see the point of a time travel event for something that could happen during the games.

Last edited:
One of the PCs in Cinnabar's Pokémon Lab contains an E-mail from the team:

E-mail said:
There are three legendary bird POKéMON.

They are ARTICUNO, ZAPDOS, and MOLTRES.

Their whereabouts are unknown.

We plan to explore the cavern close to CERULEAN.

BlackButterfree said:
Maybe a Celebi event could take you to the past like in HG/SS and you actually name the very first Deoxys as "Deoxys", thereby making Brendan/May the "parent" of the species.
I don't see the point of a time travel event for something that could happen during the games.

Why would the creation of Deoxys happen during the remakes of RSE when the original already existed when the original games were taking place? The only way to see the creation of the first Deoxys would have to be time travel to like 1-2 years before.

Why would the creation of Deoxys happen during the remakes of RSE when the original already existed when the original games were taking place? The only way to see the creation of the first Deoxys would have to be time travel to like 1-2 years before.
There was a brief event on Birth Island which could only be accessed during the post-game segment (in FRLG and to a lesser extent Emerald). It's pretty easy to imagine this event being the culmination of an actual story that took place after May/Brendan defeated the Elite Four. We didn't see it in the original games because there was almost no story in the post-game segment.

It's the same way with the Mega Stones. They weren't in the original games, but there is probably going to be a story about them in ORAS. This should preferably be tied to the Sevii Islands in order to avoid unnecessary retcons.

There was a brief event on Birth Island which could only be accessed during the post-game segment (in FRLG and to a lesser extent Emerald). It's pretty easy to imagine this event being the culmination of an actual story that took place after May/Brendan defeated the Elite Four. We didn't see it in the original games because there was almost no story in the post-game segment.

It's the same way with the Mega Stones. They weren't in the original games, but there is probably going to be a story about them in ORAS. This should preferably be tied to the Sevii Islands in order to avoid unnecessary retcons.

But then wouldn't the retcons become apparent when RGBY are inevitably remade for the 20th or 25th anniverversary and the Sevii islands have Mega Evolution despite whatever happens happening AFTER the events of FRLG and before ORAS?

But then wouldn't the retcons become apparent when RGBY are inevitably remade for the 20th or 25th anniverversary and the Sevii islands have Mega Evolution despite whatever happens happening AFTER the events of FRLG and before ORAS?
First of all, I hope that Game Freak have enough sense to only revisit Kanto and Johto via sequels from now on. Secondly, ORAS should explore the Sevii Islands a bit after the events of FRLG, so those games wouldn't get retconned. HGSS wouldn't necessarily get retconned for the simple reason that the Sevii Islands weren't featured in those games. As long as Mega Evolution doesn't become a huge thing outside the islands, the continuity will be fine.

I'd rather have a completely new area for the post-game than having Sevii Islands return. I really don't want anything that links back to Kanto. These are RS remakes, so the focus should be (and only) on Hoenn.

First of all, I hope that Game Freak have enough sense to only revisit Kanto and Johto via sequels from now on. Secondly, ORAS should explore the Sevii Islands a bit after the events of FRLG, so those games wouldn't get retconned. HGSS wouldn't necessarily get retconned for the simple reason that the Sevii Islands weren't featured in those games. As long as Mega Evolution doesn't become a huge thing outside the islands, the continuity will be fine.

True. Even in X and Y, not even five trainers had Mega Evolutions despite pretty much everyone being aware of this "mysterious phenomenon"... So if it is introduced, it shouldn't harm the continuity.

I don't think those islands might be included in the new Hoenn games. The Sevii Islands did not include much to FireRed/LeafGreen apart from being able to trade to Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald (after finishing the appropriate quest) and being able to catch a Larvitar apart from all that the seven islands where pretty much something along the lines of ''filler'' episodes.

The more I think about it the more it makes sense to have em in the games. They were in FRLG as a bridge to Hoenn more or less, if not a stand in for it. All they really have to do is flesh things out, make a plot and perhaps have something central to the post game featured in it. I think it was in this thread that I mentioned perhaps having the BF being moved there, and I still stand by my idea.

You know, since it's so hard to get even one silver symbol, I might change the requirement to at least participate in each facility in the Battle Frontier. After winning/losing/retiring from a frontier facility for the first, Scott comes in to ask how you like it. It's a yes/no question, but the answer doesn't effect anything. He then tells you how many facilities are left for you to try out and suggests you go to the nearest one you didn't go to. After trying out all of them, he asks how you like the last one and then the Frontier in general. He then recieves a call from Celio, and gives you a Rainbow Pass to the Sevii Islands. You don't have to beat any facilities. You just have to check them out.

The game would want you to at least see the Frontier before going to the islands. And it was too hard to get one Frontier Symbol in Emerald. I go to the Frontier a lot, and I don't have any symbols. The only Frontier Brain I faced was Pike Queen Lucy, and I kept losing. Maybe I should balance out my team more. When you look at my userpage on Bulbapedia, you'll notice that my starter is a high level, and my weakest Pokémon is still at a very low level. That Milotic is really hard for my Blaziken. And when you're forced to try out the Frontier Facilities, you'd know they exist and what they are, and you'll come back for more later.

In Emerald, there was a man named Scott who watched you throughout the game. After beating the Elite Four, he invites you over to the Battle Frontier. In HeartGold and SoulSilver, there was no man following you to invite you to the Frontier. The Frontier was a new thing in Emerald while it was just recycled from Platinum in HeartGold and SoulSilver. You pass it on Route 40 in HeartGold and SoulSilver while the one in Emerald is on an isolated island. HeartGold and SoulSilver still has you catch a Shiny Gyarados, which was only in Gold and Silver to cause awareness of Shiny Pokémon, and despite everyone knew about Shinies before HeartGold and SoulSilver, the Red Gyarados was still there. The Battle Frontier was in the same spot as the Battle Tower in Crystal, and despite being a new thing in Crystal, you don't have to go there in your quest. Hoenn's Battle Frontier is more important than Johto's because of Scott. He wants you to try it out. If you fight in the Battle Frontier, that makes him happy. That is why I had the Frontier as a requirement for Sevii.

Now, getting back to Sevii, maybe the Trainer Tower can have a new mode, Leader Mode, which has you fight the eight Kanto Gym Leaders in this order: Brock, Misty, Lt. Surge, Erika, Koga, Sabrina, Blaine, and Blue. After winning the mode, you unlock Kanto-Hoenn double battles, which are random occasions in the Hoenn Leader rematches where the Hoenn leader teams up with the Kanto leader of the matching specialty type. It'll start with Roxanne calling you with this message on the following day:

"Hey Brendan. This is Roxanne. My good friend Brock told me that you've beaten the Kanto Leaders in the Trainer Tower yesterday. That's impressive! Now Brock and I would like to challenge you to a double battle at the Rustboro Gym. We'll be waiting."

Yep. Hoenn and Kanto leaders together! That'll be sweet.

Rustboro Gym: Roxanne and Brock
Mauville Gym: Wattson and Lt. Surge
Lavaridge Gym: Flannery and Blaine
Mossdeep Gym: Tate, Liza and Sabrina (for a Triple Battle)
Sootopolis Gym: Juan and Misty (don't worry Steven fans, Steven is still champion while Wallace is now in Meteor Falls)

The Dewford, Petalburg and Fortree gyms don't have Double Battles. And Erika, Koga, and Blue don't visit Hoenn. And yes, the normal rematches will now be single battles (with the exception of Tate and Liza who obviously do Double Battles).

And where's Giovanni? He's training in Altering Cave on Outcast Island. After you defeat him, he departs to Tohjo Falls where you won't bother him.

And the availability of Pokémon in the Sevii Islands is similar to FireRed and LeafGreen but with a few changes. Slowpoke is available in both versions, Meowth is exclusive to AlphaSapphire while Mankey serves as the OmegaRuby counterpart. Kanto Pokémon that are already common in Hoenn get's replaced with Pokémon from Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos. You don't get Magikarp from an Old Rod in the islands. You get Finneon. In fact, a Fisherman would reference the fact that he got a lot of Magikarp last month but now he keeps getting Finneon. As you tell him you found plenty of Magikarp in Hoenn, he guesses the Magikarp migrated to Hoenn. Frillish replaces Tentacool. Wooper is in both versions. Slowpoke is exclusive to surfing, so you find Bidoof in the grass and Tympole with the Super Rod. Evolved forms in the first three islands are replaced, so Pidgeotto is replaced with Starly or Pidove, depending on the version, and Fearow is replaced with Fletchling. Persian is replaced with Lillipup or Purrloin.

And maybe, Brendan/May can train in Sevault Canyon to battle you on weekends after beating each mode in the Trainer Tower. He/She can use the final evolved form of their starters, a leveled up Lilycove team, and to National Dex Pokémon. Hey! I thought of something interesting! After defeating Brendan/May, you know what, since I'll probably play as a boy, let's go with May. Girls can assume the following happens with Brendan anyway. After defeating May in Sevault Canyon, she has a cycle of stuff she does in the week.

Sunday - Secret Base
Monday - On the computer at home.
Tuesday - In the lab
Wednesday - Sevault Canyon training
Thursday - Battle Frontier (has a chance of appearing as your opponent)
Friday - Adventuring with you
Saturday - Sevault Canyon battle

So, she's at Sevault Canyon on Wednesday and Saturday, but only battles you on Saturday. But one exciting part is Friday! She calls you to go on a stroll around Hoenn and Sevii. Anyway, that's for another forum. As exciting it may be, May's adventure with you wouldn't impact the Sevii Islands. But at 8 pm, she leaves you and goes to Sevault Canyon.

Regarding Mt. Ember, there were several references in FRLG to its being supposedly inactive and that it had erupted before. I always imagined that whatever caused Cinnabar's volcano to erupt might have also triggered Mt. Ember's activity around the same time (after FRLG). What if Groudon's awakening started a chain reaction which ultimately led to those volcanoes erupting? I am not saying that Groudon was the direct cause (otherwise they would have erupted sooner, and Mt. Chimney would have erupted first), but that it started the process.

As far as Mt. Ember is concerned, a possible cause for the eruption could be the meteor strike which brought Deoxys to the islands. As I've said before, I don't think that this event is supposed to have already happened during the FRLG quest, but rather a bit after it. Wouldn't it be ironic if a meteor strike caused Mt. Ember to erupt, after Team Magma had failed to use a meteorite to trigger an eruption in Mt. Chimney? I don't see any villainous organization getting away with a plan like that, but this would be an unexpected event which wouldn't be anyone's fault per se. It is also important to remember that Mt. Ember is isolated from Knot Island, so an eruption would only be unsafe for the population insofar as they would need to use gas masks to protect themselves from sulfur. This is actually a real-life problem on the island of Miyakejima, which is the basis of Boon Island.

Groudon causing Mt. Ember to erupt? Well, I don't see that happening because in OmegaRuby, you already caught Groudon and if that's Groudon's habitat in AlphaSapphire, where's Kyogre in OmegaRuby? And if it erupts before you get to the island, no don't want that. I want it to be fully explored. I would want Moltres at the summet and Heatran where the Ruby once was.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom