• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Sevii Islands in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Groudon causing Mt. Ember to erupt?
That isn't what I said. The eruption would be caused by the meteor strike, but the volcano's prior activity could be the result of an underground chain reaction triggered by Groudon's awakening. Groudon wouldn't leave Hoenn.

And if it erupts before you get to the island, no don't want that. I want it to be fully explored. I would want Moltres at the summet and Heatran where the Ruby once was.
It would remain explorable after the eruption, which is what would make it more interesting. The player would use a gas mask for protection.

I don't see a good reason for keeping Moltres around. Mt. Ember was just its temporary habitat, and the legendary birds are available in XY. I could do without Heatran since B2W2 are only two years old, but I guess it might be interesting if a new Heatran were born as a result of the eruption.

I could do without Heatran since B2W2 are only two years old

Well, I don't want to rely on Poké Tranporter to get Pokémon. You know how HeartGold and SoulSilver made Pal Park redundant as they finished completing the availability of Pokémon? Yeah, they made all the starters and legendaries available. And HGSS made the Legendary Birds available despite them roaming Sinnoh in Platinum, so I think it's okay to include them in ORAS. I bet it was annoying how they fled in XY before you can make a command, right?

I'd actually like to see Entei in the Braille chamber where the Ruby once was. It shouldn't be there to begin with, but it could be teleported there by the Unown after solving a puzzle in the Tanoby Ruins. Raikou would similarly end up in the Dotted Hole chamber (where the Sapphire was), and Suicune would get a new secret chamber in the Tanoby Ruins themselves.

Well, I don't want to rely on Poké Tranporter to get Pokémon. You know how HeartGold and SoulSilver made Pal Park redundant as they finished completing the availability of Pokémon? Yeah, they made all the starters and legendaries available. And HGSS made the Legendary Birds available despite them roaming Sinnoh in Platinum, so I think it's okay to include them in ORAS. I bet it was annoying how they fled in XY before you can make a command, right?
It made sense for HGSS to remove the need for Pal Park since the DSi had already been released and wasn't backwards compatible. In contrast, Pokémon Bank is a brand new service. You may also want to bear in mind that the Generation V games relied on their predecessors for quite a few Pokémon, including most of the legendaries.

As for the legendary birds in Platinum, I'm pretty sure that this decision was made because the Regis were relegated to a movie event (for promotional reasons, unfortunately). Game Freak didn't want to make the Generation II legendaries available before HGSS, so they used the legendary birds instead. But in this case, they chose to use them for XY even though there were a lot of other options.

I bet it was annoying how they fled in XY before you can make a command, right?
I'd say that only making one of them available (depending on the starter) was more annoying. But still, it would be better to revisit them in the last Generation VI release, or just distribute them with their hidden abilities.

Last edited:
I'd actually like to see Entei in the Braille chamber where the Ruby once was. It shouldn't be there to begin with, but it could be teleported there by the Unown after solving a puzzle in the Tanoby Ruins. Raikou would similarly end up in the Dotted Hole chamber (where the Sapphire was), and Suicune would get a new secret chamber in the Tanoby Ruins themselves.

Actually, I'd want the Legendary Beasts to roam the Sevii Islands.

It made sense for HGSS to remove the need for Pal Park since the DSi had already been released and wasn't backwards compatible. In contrast, Pokémon Bank is a brand new service. You may also want to bear in mind that the Generation V games relied on their predecessors for quite a few Pokémon, including most of the legendaries.

So why did they still replace the old Safari Zone with Pal Park?

As for the legendary birds in Platinum, I'm pretty sure that this decision was made because the Regis were relegated to a movie event (for promotional reasons, unfortunately). Game Freak didn't want to make the Generation II legendaries available before HGSS, so they used the legendary birds instead. But in this case, they chose to use them for XY even though there were a lot of other options.

Well, at least the Regis would all have to be in OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire. GameFreak didn't need to use the Kanto Legendaries in HGSS as they weren't available in GSC. And I don't care that the birds were already available in XY. Availability in one pair doesn't make it unavailable in another.

I'd say that only making one of them available (depending on the starter) was more annoying. But still, it would be better to revisit them in the last Generation VI release, or just distribute them with their hidden abilities.

True, both the fleeing before your command and the starter-dependent roaming is annoying. But to think about it, the fleeing is more annoying. The Legendary Beasts in FRLG were starter-dependent, but there is one thing that changed about the fleeing. In previous games, you input their commands and they flee. In XY, they flee before you even have a chance to do anything like blocking, throwing balls, paralyzing, damaging, etc, making them seem literally impossible to catch. Until you finally follow them to a cave, your hopes of catching them are down. With the starter-exclusive roaming, it's easy to solve by trading. But with the birds being too quick, you have to meet them about ten times and go to a cave to catch them.

Actually, I'd want the Legendary Beasts to roam the Sevii Islands.
Neither Raikou nor Entei can move between the islands. Restricting them to a single island each would defeat the purpose of having them roam.

So why did they still replace the old Safari Zone with Pal Park?
Because some players still used a DS or DS Lite and there was no reason to remove backwards compatibility. I'm just saying that the dependence on Generation III was lessened due to the DSi.

And I don't care that the birds were already available in XY. Availability in one pair doesn't make it unavailable in another.
It doesn't, but there isn't a good reason to make the bird trio available again so soon; the fact that it happened in Generation IV isn't a good thing because it just made the birds' return in HGSS less interesting. I think that Game Freak should start caring more about giving legendaries a story than making them common.

I think that Game Freak should start caring more about giving legendaries a story than making them common.

And I think that GF made them more common because SOME people complained that they weren't able to transfer legends. Of course, that’s just my opinion. Now, this isn’t supposed to be about legendary availability on OR/AS, so maybe get it back on track? I kinda want to see the Sevii Isles, but knowing GF, that probably won’t happen. I think they will add other areas in Hoenn.

I know we've come across the Legendary birds to death already, but I'd discount their appearance in XY, considering you could really only get one. If the Sevii Islands do return, then they'd probably be one of the more likelier Legendaries to appear there. If anything I'd love it if we could catch Lugia, Ho-Oh and Dexoys without an event though.

Fine, Suicune roams the Sevii Islands. Entei can be found on Mt. Ember after catching Moltres. And Raikou can roam Hoenn after you stop Team Rocket's short-lived Hoenn Branch from catching Zapdos. And maybe each of the three legendary beasts can have a remix of their HGSS theme. Raikou's theme can have a lot of thunder. In fact, the thunder can happen at the beginning during the transition from overworld to the legendary battle. Suicune could have water drops in his theme. Entei can have roaring fires heard. Get it? Roaring fires?

I'd rather Entei be available in a different location from another legendary. I don't like the idea of one being found where another was found.

So the last games we could actually catch Unown were in HgSs.

I'd like to see the Sevii Islands return simply for the Tanoby Ruins.

I know we've come across the Legendary birds to death already, but I'd discount their appearance in XY, considering you could really only get one. If the Sevii Islands do return, then they'd probably be one of the more likelier Legendaries to appear there. If anything I'd love it if we could catch Lugia, Ho-Oh and Dexoys without an event though.
Whenever we see the legendary birds again, they should finally have their connection to Lugia established. XY alluded to it by associating the trio with the Sea Spirit's Den, but Lugia itself was strangely absent; perhaps it was a pre-cursor to a future game. Normally I would think that the trio and Lugia would be kept for a Kalos game, but with an unknown region being foreshadowed, there is no guarantee that Kalos will be revisited.

Navel Rock shouldn't be event-exclusive again, but Ho-Oh and Lugia shouldn't be easily accessible, either. Perhaps the legendary beasts will trigger Ho-Oh's presence (as they did in Crystal), and the legendary birds will unlock Lugia for the first time in the series.

The Outrage said:
I'd like to see the Sevii Islands return simply for the Tanoby Ruins.
I've seen some people suggest that that new ruins should be added to one of the unused Hoenn islands, but that's exactly the kind of approach that bothers me: adding new islands only to carry over elements from the Sevii Islands. I'd much rather see the Tanoby Ruins with new chambers and puzzles than see them re-created in Hoenn.

I strongly believe the Sevii Islands won't make a return, at all. It just does not seem plausible at all at this point. Even to be handled on the 3DS, they probably wouldn't bother with Sevii Islands, ever again.

I strongly believe the Sevii Islands won't make a return, at all. It just does not seem plausible at all at this point. Even to be handled on the 3DS, they probably wouldn't bother with Sevii Islands, ever again.
That's a very astute argument you've got there.

That's a very astute argument you've got there.

Haha I don't mean to sound so set on my opinion but I just don't think, actually highly doubt, that they will return in these games, maybe some new islands for Hoenn in general, but I can't see the Sevii Islands being involved...

Haha I don't mean to sound so set on my opinion but I just don't think, actually highly doubt, that they will return in these games, maybe some new islands for Hoenn in general, but I can't see the Sevii Islands being involved...
It's one thing to doubt that they will return in these games, but saying that "they probably won't bother with them ever again" is a pretty void statement since you have no way of knowing that.

It's one thing to doubt that they will return in these games, but saying that "they probably won't bother with them ever again" is a pretty void statement since you have no way of knowing that.

You're right, I don't have any way of knowing that at all. It's just general knowledge for me to believe it was an add-on for FRLG to extend the post-game, and all the hype of people believing or wanting it to return in ORAS is very very doubtful, there's enough in Hoenn to focus on, no need for extra random islands that were once an exclusive to FRLG.

Not plausible? It's totally plausible! You never know what GameFreak would do. Navel Rock and Birth Island was in Emerald. They are part of the Sevii Islands. HGSS included Eusine and his pursuit for Suicune. That was from Crystal. FRLG made Mankey available where he was in Yellow instead of a version exclusive pair with Meowth. Previous remakes have included a few stuff from the third versions. Emerald had stuff from FRLG. FRLG stuff can come in ORAS. Considering this is the first time we've got a remake of a generation that remade another generation, you'll never know what to expect. I'm really expecting Sevii.

Not plausible? It's totally plausible! You never know what GameFreak would do. Navel Rock and Birth Island was in Emerald. They are part of the Sevii Islands. HGSS included Eusine and his pursuit for Suicune. That was from Crystal. FRLG made Mankey available where he was in Yellow instead of a version exclusive pair with Meowth. Previous remakes have included a few stuff from the third versions. Emerald had stuff from FRLG. FRLG stuff can come in ORAS. Considering this is the first time we've got a remake of a generation that remade another generation, you'll never know what to expect. I'm really expecting Sevii.

Lol that's a great prediction and everything but I don't see Navel Rock or Birth Island returning either, they have come and gone, had there time, and there's too many other things to focus on in this game, even in this generation of Pokémon in general. I personally, cannot see it happening at all.

Then you'd be surprised. Although, I'd be surprised too if my prediction comes true, especially with some new details I didn't imagine. I'd also be disappointed if the Sevii Islands didn't come back. Since the amount of Pokémon has doubled, we need a place to put the National Pokémon. I think the Sevii Islands are good for that. Now Sevii didn't have any Hoenn Pokémon available. Let's expand on that into every Pokémon found on the Hoenn mainland are replaced with a Pokémon from Sinnoh/Unova/Kalos. For example, what do you catch with an Old Rod in Sevii? In FRLG, you always catch Magikarp, but in ORAS, you'll catch Finneon. Magikarp's way to common on the Hoenn mainland. What is also common? Tentacool! They'll be replaced with Frillish. The Kanto Pokémon that weren't found in Hoenn will still appear. For example, Poliwag can still be found in Sevii.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom