• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Share your Battle Frontier Moments here!

cyrus106

Iron Wall Trainer
Reaction score
Good or bad, (HAXXX moments, or wow really? Moments, whatever.)
Solo stories, or wi-fi co-op stories.

All I got are some Co-op stories/quotes
Or just share your frustration at the frontier brain's cheating

1.Situation: Zevenn's Scizor used brick break, but opponents team was enirely fainted so it had no target.

Chat:
Cyrus106:
SCIZOR practiced breaking bricks, but had no bricks to break!
(MY poke)Salamence shit bricks!
(Zevenn's)Scizor: thanks!

2.Our final opponent in our 21 win streak, exploud:
cyrus106:
Exploud just wants to share his heavy metal with the world, don't kill him D:

Zevenn:
too late!!!! it wasnt METAL, it was Classical Music, what a sick joke no wonder it hurt my Scizor

3. We were missing this gabite over and OVER
Cyrus106:
This is why garchomp is uber, sand veil
cyrus106
6 missed, wow. I call Bs
Zevenn:
I WILL BP(bullet punch) THE HAX!!!
Zevenn:(finally hit it after 6 turns)
the hax are no match to my BP!!!!!

4. Opponent had porygon (70 base def, weak against fighting)
cyrus106:
I can finish viper, brik break porygon for MASSIVE DAMAGE
Zevenn:
ok
cyrus106:
Wow, I call hax. Porygons defense is HORRID. There's no way it survived that
cyrus106
Battle frontier hax at their finest
Porygon survived scizor's brick break with 1/4 hp, the chances are that are stupidly low!

5. Sharpedo appears, enough said
Zevenn:
OMG SHARKS
cyrus106
LANDSHARKS? Don't open the DOOR

6. Opponent 1 had bulbasaur and Budew, forget what other one had

cyrus106
HOW THE HELL DID THEY...>WHAT? (i used flamethrower with mence, bulbasaur survived with 1 hp, no focus sash or band)

Zevenn:
I.D.K!

cyrus106
I don't understand how a first-former survived

Zevenn:
me either. like WTF??!?!?!?!
(We kill bulbasaur, budew comes out with mr.mime jr)

cyrus106:
I'll burn budew, get that damn mime

cyrus106
Ok, that's two grass types that survived with like...ONE HP
(Budew survived with one hp as well)

7. Completely random, Zevenn's Scizor used Brick break on Remoraid
cyrus106
Scizor+remoraid=Seafood cook! *scizor chops up remoraid and sells it*

Zevenn:
Remoraid for two dallah!

cyrus106
TWO DOLLAH? That's an OUTRAGE *salamence starts destroying the store* NO NOT YOU SALAMENCE

Zevenn :
YOU RUIN MY STORE AND EAT ALL MEH TWINKIES GET OUT!

cyrus106
*too fat to fit out the door* Uhhh, we gots a problem

8. Sableeye kept spamming detect, and succeeding (seriously, it was like 4 times)

cyrus106
I'll omnom sable (crunch)

Zevenn
ah ok

cyrus106
OH FFS, how is he doing this? HAXXXXX!(third detect)

Zevenn
LOTS of HAXX

cyrus106
STOP USING DETECT, FUUUUUUU

9. Earthquaking quilava and pulse:
cyrus106:
EARTTTHHHHQQUUUUAAAAKKKEEEEEEE

10. The ultimate strategy to win pokemon
cyrus106
I'll flame sableeye (sends him angry messages)

Good or bad, (HAXXX moments, or wow really? Moments, whatever.)
Solo stories, or wi-fi co-op stories.

All I got are some Co-op stories/quotes
Or just share your frustration at the frontier brain's cheating

1.Situation: Zevenn's Scizor used brick break, but opponents team was enirely fainted so it had no target.

Chat:
Cyrus106:
SCIZOR practiced breaking bricks, but had no bricks to break!
(MY poke)Salamence shit bricks!
(Zevenn's)Scizor: thanks!

2.Our final opponent in our 21 win streak, exploud:
cyrus106:
Exploud just wants to share his heavy metal with the world, don't kill him D:

Zevenn:
too late!!!! it wasnt METAL, it was Classical Music, what a sick joke no wonder it hurt my Scizor

3. We were missing this gabite over and OVER
Cyrus106:
This is why garchomp is uber, sand veil
cyrus106
6 missed, wow. I call Bs
Zevenn:
I WILL BP(bullet punch) THE HAX!!!
Zevenn:(finally hit it after 6 turns)
the hax are no match to my BP!!!!!

4. Opponent had porygon (70 base def, weak against fighting)
cyrus106:
I can finish viper, brik break porygon for MASSIVE DAMAGE
Zevenn:
ok
cyrus106:
Wow, I call hax. Porygons defense is HORRID. There's no way it survived that
cyrus106
Battle frontier hax at their finest
Porygon survived scizor's brick break with 1/4 hp, the chances are that are stupidly low!

5. Sharpedo appears, enough said
Zevenn:
OMG SHARKS
cyrus106
LANDSHARKS? Don't open the DOOR

6. Opponent 1 had bulbasaur and Budew, forget what other one had

cyrus106
HOW THE HELL DID THEY...>WHAT? (i used flamethrower with mence, bulbasaur survived with 1 hp, no focus sash or band)

Zevenn:
I.D.K!

cyrus106
I don't understand how a first-former survived

Zevenn:
me either. like WTF??!?!?!?!
(We kill bulbasaur, budew comes out with mr.mime jr)

cyrus106:
I'll burn budew, get that damn mime

cyrus106
Ok, that's two grass types that survived with like...ONE HP
(Budew survived with one hp as well)

7. Completely random, Zevenn's Scizor used Brick break on Remoraid
cyrus106
Scizor+remoraid=Seafood cook! *scizor chops up remoraid and sells it*

Zevenn:
Remoraid for two dallah!

cyrus106
TWO DOLLAH? That's an OUTRAGE *salamence starts destroying the store* NO NOT YOU SALAMENCE

Zevenn :
YOU RUIN MY STORE AND EAT ALL MEH TWINKIES GET OUT!

cyrus106
*too fat to fit out the door* Uhhh, we gots a problem

8. Sableeye kept spamming detect, and succeeding (seriously, it was like 4 times)

cyrus106
I'll omnom sable (crunch)

Zevenn
ah ok

cyrus106
OH FFS, how is he doing this? HAXXXXX!(third detect)

Zevenn
LOTS of HAXX

cyrus106
STOP USING DETECT, FUUUUUUU

9. Earthquaking quilava and pulse:
cyrus106:
EARTTTHHHHQQUUUUAAAAKKKEEEEEEE

10. The ultimate strategy to win pokemon
cyrus106
I'll flame sableeye (sends him angry messages)

Hahaha, Good times, I was getting extremely angry at that STUPID GABITE! and the Detecting Sableye. and those grass poke's and Porygon were MAJOR HAXXXXX!

First time ever trying the Battle Tower. My Feraligatr is from Japan so obviously he's a ninja. This was proved by him proceeding to dodge every single status move the opponent tried to inflict for the entire streak. It was awesome.

I also must have had major beginner's luck going because I critical hit killed so many Pokemon in that one streak. It was like one hit bam, faint. Next.

Then karma turned against me and I've been having so much trouble ever since. I mean, the above mentioned Feraligatr got KO'd by a Gastrodon 11 levels lower than him in the Battle Hall. It was the last win I needed to get a streak of 30 and enough BPs to get a Power Anklet for Vulpix breeding. ;-;

I'm going to tell you an extremely HAXXX moment.

Battle Hall. 110th battle. I had a Flygon, they had Bastiodon.

Easy. I'll just use Earthquake right?

Nope. That thing had a Quick Claw. And then it used Blizzard. And it hit.

Bye bye 109 streak. Major hax or what? >=(

Going through Battle Castle:

I had Feraligatr as my second last pokemon because the first poke was KO'd and two of my opponents pokemon were down.

So it was Munchlax vs. Feraligatr. Easy enough right?

So Feraligatr uses Crunch.
Crunch Misses!

Munchlax used Metronome!
Munchlax used Seed Flare!

Feraligatr fainted!

Ok, so now I'm thinking, "ok he got lucky once i doubt it will happen again."

So i send in (Poke that I forget i think it was a slow pokemon)

Munchlax Used Metronome
Munchlax Used Explosion!

Poke i forget fainted

The foes Munchlax fainted.

I was pissed for i was getting enough BP to get the TM I wanted

Battle Tower (Platinum)

My team: Scizor, Gyarados, Electivire

Palmer's team: Cresselia, Heatran, Regigigas

I led with Scizor; Palmer led with Cresselia. I Swords Danced up, and Cresselia criticaled with Psychic. I OHKOed it with X-Scissor. Then Palmer sent out Heatran. I switched to Gyarados, but Heatran did a lot more damage than I thought to it with Magma Storm. I used Earthquake, but Heatran held on with Focus Sash, then it used Magma Storm again. I finished it off with Waterfall. Finally, Regigigas was brought out. I 3HKOed it with Waterfall (Regigigas couldn't do anything to me because I got lucky with the flinches)

Battle Hall (Platinum)

My Pokemon: Yanmega

Argenta's Pokemon: Regirock

I used Bug Buzz, expecting the 2HKO, but Regirock healed itself with the Sitrus Berry. I was expecting a Stone Edge, but it used Giga Impact instead. I finished it off with Bug Buzz.

I was on my 47th battle in the Rental Arcade, and the opponent sent out a Dunsparce. It then proceeded to flinch my Pokémon, and defeated all three of them.

My nightmare, gentleman Joachim. Always appear around 50~56th match.

Turn 1-3, Articuno used Sheer cold!
It is not very effective... (i wanna know who can immune to ice type...)
It is a One-Hit KO!!

...WTF!?

looped around 11 times to me already

Last edited:
My latest one at battle tower (had'nt attempeted yet)
Me: Gyrados, Togekiss, Arcanine
Palmer: Rhyperior, Dragonite, MILOTIC
Here it goes
Go!Draco!

Go!RHYPERIOR!

Draco used Waterfall!

RHYPERIOR Flinched!

Draco used Waterfall!

RHYPERIOR Fainted!

Go!DRAGONITE!

DRAGONITE used Thunder Wave!

Draco is paralyzed! It may not attack!

Draco used Ice Fang!

DRAGONITE Fainted!

Go! Milotic!

MILOTIC used Ice Beam!

Draco is paralyzed!

MILOTIC used Ice Beam!

Draco is paralyzed!

MILOTIC used Ice Beam!

Draco Fainted!

Go! Angel!

MILOTIC used Ice Beam!

Angel Fainted!

Go! Flare!

Flare used Crunch!

MILOTIC used Surf!

Flare Fainted!

FUCK!!!

Getting curb-stomped by Noland's Octillery when I had a Plusle and Raichu on my team. Neither fair nor fun.

I got something really annoying in HG Battle Hall

It's vs. Psychics, Rank 9. I have my Lv.43 Espeon with Shadow Ball, Bite, Psybeam and Headbutt. The battle is VS.Lv.34 Exeggutor. I used Shadow Ball. Exeggutor has no Focus Sash, but survives with like two HP left and eats her Liechi Berry, raising Attack. What does it do? Wood Hammer. It OHKOs my Espeon, then KOs itself due to recoil. I still lost the match.

RAAAAAGE!

I was so angry I saved it as my Battle Video and uploaded it to the Global Terminal.

Dragonite, Adamant, 252Atk 4Def 252Spe @ Choice Scarf, Outrage/ExtremeSpeed/Fire Punch/Aqua Tail. (A Smogon set from before Salamence's banishment.)
Battle Hall.

My order for Dragonite is Ice (ice hits bad), Water (ice is common), Ghost (get rid of Froslass), Electric (get rid of Rotom), Dragon (dragon hits SE as well), then other types.

Try 1: In the Ice set, I face a Weavile. It uses Ice Punch, outspeeding Dragonitey, and then I hit it with Fire Punch. It Focus Sashes the hit, then kills me with another Ice Punch.
Try 2: In the Water set, I face a Whiscash. Its BrightPowder makes my Outrage miss, and directly after that, it nails a Blizzard. Dragy dies.
Try 3: I switched Choice Scarf to Focus Sash. In the Ghost set, I face a Dusclops. I hit it with Outrage, it hits me with an Ice Punch. Then, its Quick Claw activates, I get hit by another Ice Punch. I die.

Yeah, wow >.>

Venomoth killed my Tyrannitar, Metagross, and another one which I can't remember. It was immune to Sandstorm. That much I remember. Venomoth killed all three through Bug Buzz and Sleep Powder, and some Confusing moves too.

I'm going to tell you an extremely HAXXX moment.

Battle Hall. 110th battle. I had a Flygon, they had Bastiodon.

Easy. I'll just use Earthquake right?

Nope. That thing had a Quick Claw. And then it used Blizzard. And it hit.

Bye bye 109 streak. Major hax or what? >=(

Oh god, that's just terrible. Here's when a Focus Sash would be useful...

I remember most of my HAX moments being in the Battle Factory, although they haven't happened to me recently enough for me to post the exact battle log...

Battle Arcade, successfully defeated Dahlia.

Battle Tower: Lost to Palmer... Twice.

Battle Factory, lost at battle #20. XD

Battle Factory: Just won my 14th Battle and was going for 21 to beat Torton... I forgot the other 2 Pokemon I picked, but I remember a Dodrio with Frustration. Easily beat all the other trainers with it, but when I got to Torton, his Ursaring ate the Dodrio alive when it used Ice Punch. I beat him in the end but it was a close match.

Battle Hall: My Nidoking had a 30+ Win Streak and then next type I picked was Bug. My Nidoking moves were Megahorn, Earthquake, Pisonjab, and Brick Break. And this trainer brings out a Shedinja. 'Course I couldn't do S*** so I just ran. Then I tried again and got my win streak to 30+ again. I picked Bug Type again knowing that another Shedinja wouldn't appear. And then this trainer sends out a Shedinja. Almost threw living room's coffe table in the air because of that.

I was one battle away from Thorton and I lost D:<!!!
Sooo angry
I could have won too, and was actually really close (we were both at red), but I missed...

Then this one time I had my Metagross at Battle Hall, but then a stupid shedinja popped out and I couldn't touch it so I reset the game. I was pretty high up, too.
^ I tell that story a lot lol. It's just a major facepalm.

20-win streak battle with Palmer yesterday...

I send out Bronzong, he sends out Dragonite.
Bronzong takes some damange from dragon claw, then tricks a choice scarf onto Dragonite.
Dragonite uses dragon dance. Bronzong uses toxic. So Dragonite's stuck in a non-offensive loop, Bronzong's using flash for the sake of it, the whole time Dragonite's HP is slowly eaten away.
Dragonite's just about to faint, and I'm unfortunately on auto-pilot and decide to switch the choice scarf back for use on the next pokemon. The toxic'll just finish Dragonite off at the end of the round, right?

I forgot I'd swapped the choice scarf for a lum berry. Dragonite cures itself, it's no longer in a loop, and it's dragon danced itself to infinity and beyond. One momentary lapse in concentration and the whole battle is doomed! :banghead:

I switched Bronzong for Heatran, thinking that Dragonite might miss anyway after a round of multiple flashes. It doesn't. Dragonite uses dragon claw, and then finishes Heatran off with aerial ace. I send out Latios. Dragonite uses aerial ace, Latios clings on with its focus sash and finishes Dragonite off with ice beam. It then knocks out Rhyperior with ice beam... and then takes Milotic down to orange HP with thunderbolt before Milotic kills it.

Only Bronzong left, but it has its choice scarf back. Milotic tries and fails to use hypnosis, Bronzong tricks the choice scarf onto Milotic, and Milotic uses hypnosis again. This time it's successful, but it doesn't matter... Milotic is stuck in a hypnosis loop... Bronzong eventually wakes up and uses toxic... Milotic eventually faints while Bronzong snoozes peacefully...!!

A real close call and a very lucky escape after a proper fail moment :D

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom