• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Share your Battle Frontier Moments here!

Aggron uses Eartquake
Super Effective!

Shuckle uses Protect
It failed...
Aggron uses Earthquake!
Super effective!

Me: Yay! Red!

Lucy uses Full Restore!

Me: DAMN!

Shuckle uses Protect
It fails
Aggron uses Earthquake!!
Critical hit!!

You're joking or making that up of course, right? Frontier Brains don't use items in battle and Earthquake hits with neutral damage to Shuckle, being that it is Bug/Rock.

Not really a battle, but...

.....finding a shiny Milotic in the Battle Pike to realize you can't use items.

'runs sobbing'

Yea its a joke. Lol I never got to the Lucy of the battle pike. I only got the symbol from Noland

Battle Pike, silver battle with Lucy. This was my third time facing her (the previous times I'd been destroyed completely).

I wasn't expecting to get a win, as my Emerald team totally sucks and I'm not much of a good battler in the first place. I got lucky though, my Swagger'd Sableye managed to avoid attacking itself and took out her Seviper with two Shadow Balls. The Shuckle took longer (much, much longer x____x) and my Azumarill fainted in the process.

Then it was Sceptile vs. Milotic. (I still had Sableye left but hoped I wouldn't need to use it as its defenses are #%!&) Sceptile used Leaf Blade. I crossed my fingers for a critical hit. It was, but didn't KO it, only got it to red health. I crossed my fingers again hoping it wouldn't use Mirror Coat. It used Ice Beam. I thought I was done for, but Sceptile held on with like 10 HP and finished it off with another Leaf Blade. 8D

My first Symbol. I know Lucy's supposed to be one of the easier Brains or something but still, I so didn't expect this, haha.

EDIT: Battle Factory, silver battle with Noland. His Jolteon and my Blastoise was down. Then the guy's Dewgong knocked out my rental Muk with Horn Drill. Ugh. And then when I send out my remaining rental, Electrode, it tries to use Sheer Cold -_- Thankfully it misses, and I take it down. Then out comes Flareon. My Electrode's moveset is: Explosion, Endure, Thunder Wave, Thunderbolt. It being my last Pokemon I'm not gonna use Explosion. I Thunderbolt it, takes away about 1/3rd of the Flareon's HP. It paralyzed it! YES! Thunderbolt again, it Overheats me. Red HP for Flareon now. Thunderbolt again...I can only beg to Arceus that its paralysis stops the Flareon, but nope. Shadow Ball. Bye bye Electrode. ):

Last edited:
*I sent out Seadrea. They send out Shedinja.*

...I have no moves that work on Shedinja. FUUUUUUUUUU-
I sigh and... I just prepare to be killed.

"Seadra uses Focus Energy!"

And, what is he going to do...?

"Shedinja uses Sandstorm!"

Wait what.

"The Sandstorm rages!
Shedinja is buffeted by the Sandstorm!
Shedinja fainted!"

...Wat.

NEWEST ONE!

trying to get to Hall person :p

Battle 10 v Jolteon.

Jolteon outspeeds me and Double Teams.
Earthquake Misses

Discharge. CRIT HIT. Salamence Fainted!

FFFFFFFFUUUUUU

When I found out that legendary pokemon were not outside the realm of possibility in the kinds of pokemon you could face.

"Frontier Brain sent out Suicune!"

I have one from the Battle Hall!

Somehow I had managed to make my way to a battle against Argenta, right? My lovely Goukazaru against Argenta's Scizor! D8

At the time, Goukazaru had these moves: Flamethrower, Mach Punch, Flare Blitz, SolarBeam.

I knew I had an advantage over Scizor, but I still played cautiously. D8 I was tempted to use Flare Blitz because that move is fun. But I think "Wait, Scizor has high defense, doesn't he? D8". So instead...

Goukazaru used Flamethrower!

Critical hit!
The foe's SCIZOR held on with it's Focus Sash!
It's Super Effective!

Me: hoshit D8

The Scizor could be doing anything in the next two seconds! I tensed and waited...

The foe's SCIZOR used Counter!
But if failed!

Right then, I breathed a HUGE sigh of relief and had Goukazaru use Mach Punch to finish Scizor off. 8D; This was my second Frontier Badge! What a good happy time THAT was, indeed!

m190049 said:
*I sent out Seadrea. They send out Shedinja.*

...I have no moves that work on Shedinja. FUUUUUUUUUU-
I sigh and... I just prepare to be killed.

"Seadra uses Focus Energy!"

And, what is he going to do...?

"Shedinja uses Sandstorm!"

Wait what.

"The Sandstorm rages!
Shedinja is buffeted by the Sandstorm!
Shedinja fainted!"

...Wat.

Wow. D: Can Shedinja even LEARN Sandstorm? And if they truly can, what suicidal/sadistic trainer would teach their 1-HP Shedinja Sandstorm?! Wow, the AI goofed up there!

Just recently this happened at least twice

I'm in a position to win in the battle factory, one hit away, I think to myself:

"Any last words?"

The game responds with:

"Just one: HAXX!"

Your attack missed!:mad:

Today at the battle factory

So im versing a whilelord with a scizor and any ways i go to check the weavile stats that i just got and accadently switchs into him so i use fake out to do a little damage and he hits me hard with surf and then the next turn i use screech and he kills me so i send in scizor and use sword dance and then he hits me with icebeam and frezzes me

So im frozen for 5 turns when he hits me with ice beam agein and agein untill im at 8hp and then i get real lucky/unlucky here

Im frozen for 14 turns and all he does is use dubble team attact and uses icebeam 6 times but miss`s each time due to the brightpowder hes holding and then i finly thaw out and 1HITKO him.

Also i was agenst a golem with my gengar so i use confuse ray so he hits me hard with stone edge and i surbvive with 1hp due to focas shash and so then his quick claw makes him go first and hes at full hp and gengar is my last poke and then he used expolson and He dies and it miss`s me and i won.

battle hall; togekiss vs bastiodon
easy? i had aura sphere but..
bastiodons quick claw worked
bastiodon used blizzard
frozen
hit
quick claw worked again
thunder
hit
togekiss fainted

COME ON?! WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF THIS?!
on a happier note

battle tower VS palmer

togekiss used air slash
milotic flinched
airslash
milotic flinched
airslash
milotic flinched
airslash
milotic fainted

aurasphere
ryperior fainted

lucario VS dragonite

lucario used dragon pulse
dragonite flinched
dragon pulse
dragonite fainted

lucky

and i was looking forward to battling argenta then....she sends out torterra. darling togekiss used airslash OHK. pathetic

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom