• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shiny Pokémon by Soft Resetting

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyHunter

Where are the Shinies?
Reaction score
Ive noticed that lately many pokemon fans have begun to start soft resetting for shiny pokemon. I wanted to make a thread about it so that everyone can stay on topic, so post and discuss any accomplishments or goals that you have for soft resetting shinies.

( For those who do not know what soft resetting is, its basically just a way to restart your game from where you saved. Usually you can soft reset when in a pokemon battle or for when you are looking for a shiny pokemon)
Enjoy!

Ill start us off by mentioning that just about a week ago, I managed to soft reset my first shiny, a Rotom. It took me a time consuming 214 resets, but in the end it was all worth while. =]

* To soft reset, press all of these at the same time: (L+R+start+select)
this will let you restart your chances on finding a shiny, the chances do not increase but you get another shot :p

* The chance of obtaining a shiny pokemon through soft resetting is 1/8192. When soft resetting, the chances never reduce, but even though it is rare, it can still happen, patience is the key! :p

- Note that it is easiest to soft reset on a pokemon that has a three dimensional figure (dialga, giratina, uxie etc.), as this makes the process quicker, and less stressful. I suggest not to soft reset on a pokemon that is chainable because it is harder to keep a constant rate at re finding that pokemon, since there are many others in the wild that can appear.

Last edited:
Re: Shiny Pokemon by Soft Resetting

Ive noticed that lately many pokemon fans have begun to start soft resetting for shiny pokemon. I wanted to make a thread about it so that everyone can stay on topic, so post and discuss any accomplishments or goals that you have for soft resetting shinies.
Enjoy!

Ill start us off by mentioning that just about a week ago, I managed to soft reset my first shiny, a Rotom. It took my a time consuming 214 resets, but in the end it was all worth while. =]

Hey shiny hunter im going for a shiny giratina! how long did your shiny rotom take? (hours,minutes)

Congrats! You are the ruler of patience, holy jeez.

I've never been able to try it... I'm always afraid soft resetting so much will somehow magically break my game, I don't know why. Consequently, I've never had a shiny ever, aside from the Red Gyarados in Johto. /sigh I suck at chaining, too. One daaaay...

My first successful SR shiny is my Palkia (VectorPrym) on Pearl. It took me 35 resets before he popped up in his shiny colors; I was literally done within half an hour. I also managed to reset for a shiny Spiritomb (The Fallen), a shiny male Combee (Zarak)*, a shiny Azelf (Star Dust) and a shiny Giratina (Clover). As of right now I'm SRing for a shiny Turtwig on Platinum. I think I've reset around 500 times.

* I was actually resetting for a female Combee on the very night I caught my shiny Spiritomb. Talk about luck.

My first successful SR shiny is my Palkia (VectorPrym) on Pearl. It took me 35 resets before he popped up in his shiny colors; I was literally done within half an hour. I also managed to reset for a shiny Spiritomb (The Fallen), a shiny male Combee (Zarak)*, a shiny Azelf (Star Dust) and a shiny Giratina (Clover). As of right now I'm SRing for a shiny Turtwig on Platinum. I think I've reset around 500 times.

* I was actually resetting for a female Combee on the very night I caught my shiny Spiritomb. Talk about luck.

Very nice silverwynde would you say shiny giratina is worth it... i am beginning to feel discouraged ive reset about...200 times...i guess ill keep going

thats alot of patience i tried soft saving heatran but gave up after like 5 reset's

Hey shiny hunter im going for a shiny giratina! how long did your shiny rotom take? (hours,minutes)

It took me about 6 hours =] I wouldnt worry though, its just about patience. A good way to soft reset is just watch t.v not focussing on the game but resetting at the same time and then you wont be discouraged =] thats how i got my rotom, how else would I have been able to handle the wait =p Just turn the music up and just for people to know , to soft reset its ( L+R+Select+Start all at the same time) Have fun!

Dont be discouraged =]

Uhm, actually, I have a question. I've been hatching eggs recently, and I was only wondering, does soft-resetting actually increase your odds of hatching a shiny, or is it simply something to be done if you don't get a shiny the first time? Sorry if that's a dumb question :x

That's fine. Actually with eggs it is different; if you soft reset an egg, the pokemon will always be the same. That's the only problem, so sorry =[.
The chances unfortunately do not increase, but every time you have another chance =].

Last edited:

^ Alright. Thanks for clearing that up for me though

It would be helpful to explain what "soft resetting" is for those of us who don't know.

Press L+R+Start+Select at the same time to restart the DS quickly, so you have another chance at battling a Legendary.

Last edited:

Very nice silverwynde would you say shiny giratina is worth it... i am beginning to feel discouraged ive reset about...200 times...i guess ill keep going
Oh I would definitely say my Giratina was worth it, but I got pretty lucky with it. It only took me a day to finally get him.

I'm still trying for that Turtwig. I've had Platinum for almost a week now and still nothing. I'm really hoping I get lucky soon. Because once I'm done with Turtwig, Ive got two other starters to reset for. (I think I might be out of my mind here.)

I'm not my 4th day of resetting for a Shiny Giratina on Pt. :S

I was planning to reset for a shiny Hikozaru too, but it just takes too long. I gave up after a half hour):

But I'm sticking with it for the Giratina ;1

I am still working my way up to Giratina. When I arrive, I will soft reset until I (hopefully) get a shiny one =]
* Remember that time flies when you are occupied, so watch television or something to keep you entertained when resetting. Who knows? Something can randomly pop up! =]

Last edited:

This Friday, I will try to soft reset a drifloon, is that stupid?

( YELLOW drifblim is pretty much amazing )

Giratina seems a popular choice... oh well i guess ill just keep with it i think im on my third or forth day for shiny giratina wish me luck...

^ Good luck Eevee Breeder =] Im sure your wish and determination will prevail =]

Last edited:

I am still working my way up to giritina, and when I arrive, I will soft reset until I am satisfied with the shiny =]
* Remember that time flies when your occupied, so watch t.v or something when resetting so that your not bored and something can randomly pop up =]

It took 4 days but it finally happened :D

Now im going for a shiny Azelf.

It took 4 days but it finally happened :D

Now im going for a shiny Azelf.

congrats i wish i had your luck with shiny legendaries i havent been able to play much but ive given at least an extra two hours to resetting from the last time i posted though with my luck i probably had him the one time i soft resetted before i had totally seen the sprite it looked more orange than normal...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom