• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shiny Pokémon by Soft Resetting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Shiny Pokemon by Soft Resetting

I've had to change my plans, due to the upcoming Mystery Gift. I'm currently SRing for a shiny Chimchar. As for Turtwig and Piplup, I'll simply breed them. (I SRed and got a female of each. They'll be the stars of my breeding program.)

I'm hoping to have my shiny Starter before the 19th; I'd like to download the Secret Key ASAP.

Do you have your shiny starter yet?
As for me, 400 resets and shiny giritina - You will be mine!

=] a hint to you - dont think of it as a patience game.. just think that every time you soft reset you know it will not be a shiny.. that way you dont ever get annoyed and you keep resetting, as well as that watch something to distract you so that it increases your chances of wanting to reset.. since you will be occupied with doing something.. you might as well just keep resetting =]
the good thing about soft resetting is that its not as stressful as the poke radar where you dont need to constantly continue - you can take a break and its not as stressful - you dont make it all the way to 39 and then mess up ( a chain ).. its less work and less stress =]

although - it can be very time consuming =]
to make the time stop being so long - do something while resetting!

Do you have your shiny starter yet?
As for me, 400 resets and shiny giritina - You will be mine!

Just curious ShinyHunter...I'm a chainer not a soft-resetter, and definitely disagree that chaining is harder/more stressful (you certainly can take breaks while chaining). It's tough to learn to chain for shinies, but once mastered that technique yields lots of success while soft-resetting is always a game of chance with the odds very skewed against you...BUT, that said, I admire those that have the ability to stick it out for what they want. And, of course, most of you probably soft-reset to get the pokemon that can't be chained, right?!

I see this is the official soft resetting thread but didn't see anything stating the odds for getting a SR shiny. Several posts seem to give the unintended impression that a couple days or couple hundred resets are often enough to get your shiny, but aren't the odds the same as a wild encounter...one in 8,192 (or something like that?) If so, and you can SR 5 times a minute, on average it should take you about 27 hours of non-stop resetting (no bathroom breaks!) to see a shiny. So, realistically, if you are ready to commit to soft-resetting continuously for an hour a day, you should be ready to wait about a month on average to get your shiny. Of course, you could get one on your first SR, or...like some of us playing for years and not getting wild pokerus or seeing a wild shiny, you could NEVER see one by SRing.

Maybe I'm wrong on the odds, so ask as much out of curiosity and wanting people to know what they are in for.

Thanks

I've never tried soft-resetting for a shiny Pokemon, but could you imagine that you got so used to pressing L+R+Start+Select that you reset when you finally got a shiny? That would suck!

I try to get a shiny Cranidos in Diamond. I reset my game near 1500 times!!! but... :(

It wasn't exactly soft resetting, but today I was trying to catch Rayquaza, kept killing it, and found a shiny on my fourth try. I didn't want to take any chances, so I just master balled it. This is my first shiny in third and fourth generation, and I'm extremely happy about it.

Congratz TM I once tried to get a shiny rayquaza and got to nearly 250 but I gave up:(

I went for a drifloon today. I resetted for about 4 hours, but nothing. I'll keep going later.

stamina everyone! =]
as for me, I have been resetting for giritina about 6,000 times..
that doesnt mean I will stop though!

I did it for a little bit longer, but the fact that it's not Friday anymore made me stop (which may be a good thing...).

stamina everyone! =]
as for me, I have been resetting for giritina about 6,000 times..
that doesnt mean I will stop though!

Wow, that's impressive. I admire your patience.

I did it for a little bit longer, but the fact that it's not Friday anymore made me stop (which may be a good thing...).

Wow, that's impressive. I admire your patience.

thank you very much themissingno :)
and if you didnt know, you can reset the time so that its friday again, hence, being able to reset for shiny drifloon again =]

thank you very much themissingno :)
and if you didnt know, you can reset the time so that its friday again, hence, being able to reset for shiny drifloon again =]

I know, but I don't really want to do that. I don't particularly want to be SRing all day more then one day a week. I guess that probably won't net me many (or any) shinies, but I have to draw the line somewhere.

I know, but I don't really want to do that. I don't particularly want to be SRing all day more then one day a week. I guess that probably won't net me many (or any) shinies, but I have to draw the line somewhere.

Very true.. I agree =]
Ive been doing this every other day, its all about patience =]

For the people soft-reseting Drifloon, I thought that as long as you save in front of Drifloon on Friday, he'll still be there any day of the week, as long as you don't leave the Windworks.

can u only soft reset for a pokemon that doesnt move or change its place? not a wild pokemon but something like a legendary only?

hey everyone,

I tried my luck on SR'ing for a shiny rayquaza in emerald a few years back. Did it for an hour a day for about a week and a half(I'd estimate about 1300+ SRs) before I had enough and gave up. 10 wild encounters later I caught a shiny marill...I was like, "meh, good enough.":ksmile:

Currently, I'm SR'ing for a shiny mewtwo in leaf green. I just started so I'm only about 150 SRs in.

Just a quick question. Is it possible to soft reset for fossil Pokemon, or are they set in stone (badum-ch) once the fossil's in the bag?

I assume so.

I never saw shiny pokemon as worth that much time. That and despite what I've gotten in trades, I havn't seen a shiny(gyrados in gen 2 aside).

Not once in six years.

Hey guys, I'm currently attempting to Soft Reset a Drifloon. 6 hours and still nothing left...

This is wearing me out ;_;

I have Tried and tried and tried to soft reset in platinum in front of the briefcase for a shiny starter pokemon but each time I have failed. Are there ways to increase the chance of getting a Shiny starter?

I think that its possible to get a shiny form of any pokemon, so if there is a way to get a shiny fossilized pokemon it'd probably be by saving in front of the man in the mining museum and keep soft reseting until he gives you the pokemon shiny. (im not too sure though I would have to do some research.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom