• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shiny Pokémon via Masuda method

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if anyone's posted this yet or not, but the way the odds work, it'll take 1440 eggs* just to have a roughly 50% chance of having gotten ONE shiny.

But random is random, so you might get it on your first egg or you might not get one for several tens of thousands of eggs. Each individual egg is still only one chance in two thousand forty-eight. It's phenomenally low, even with the Masuda trick.

* {The exact math behind that number is the log, base (2047/2048), of .5, which comes to about 1440. In other words, take the probability of getting a non-shiny (2047/2048) and raise it to the 1440th power, and you get a roughly fifty/fifty chance of having all non-shinies. Which by definition also means you've got a roughly fifty/fifty chance of having at least one shiny in there.}
Well I got my shiny Lotad after only 36 eggs. So don't rely on statistics. For all you know a shiny could be in the next egg. I had that particular Lotad egg in my pc for almost a month before hatching it, along with 3 others. =D

My luck with this is weird.

First time I tried it?Shiny Cyndaquil, first egg.
Then Rocky, my Shiny Poochyena, took 125 eggs!
Spinda was shiny after about 20 eggs
And last but not least, Shiny Dratini took me 219 eggs.

I just heard of this method, I have a few Japanese Pokemon from trades and I've just put my English Ditto in with a Japanese Milotic. I'm expecting this to take a very long time, going by the lenghth of time I've been resetting on FR for a shiny Charmander...

I have 2 questions about this method.

1.) I'm trying to get a shiny spiritomb on heart gold. I got a spiritomb from a trainer in france, he's the original trainer too, but the name of the spiritomb in french is spiritomb, will this still work with my english gastly i'm breeding it with?

2.) will I be able to see if the egg is shiny before it hatches? So I could soft reset at the old man and wait til I get a shiny egg.

I have a Japanese Ditto, but I haven't gotten any shinys. Just keep on trying...

I kinda gave up after around oh 400 ish then i got pokerus and started the pandemic :)

i got a question about this method that has not yet been answered, ok sya you have a japanese Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/FR/LG game and you trade pokemon from it to your english game, and Pal Park them. then breed the japanese pokemon w/ your normal pokemon in DPt/HGSS, would it still work?i really need to know this.

I have 2 questions about this method.

1.) I'm trying to get a shiny spiritomb on heart gold. I got a spiritomb from a trainer in france, he's the original trainer too, but the name of the spiritomb in french is spiritomb, will this still work with my english gastly i'm breeding it with?

2.) will I be able to see if the egg is shiny before it hatches? So I could soft reset at the old man and wait til I get a shiny egg.

1.a)it will work as long as your absoloutly sure its not from your language type

2.a) you wont be able to see if its shiny and it wont work if you soft reset because the eggs are set to be what ever the were ment to be the moment you recieved it no matter what

I'm on my 152nd Feebas egg...I really hope I don't end up going past 600, because then I'll just despair and give up and it'll have been a waste of time and money...

How many eggs has it taken other people to get shinies? I'm hoping I'll not take that long, I have found two shinies in the wild, so I hope my luck is in. If I do get my shiny, I don't think I'll be trying for shinies again by this method, but I really want a shiny Milotic!

I'm on my 152nd Feebas egg...I really hope I don't end up going past 600, because then I'll just despair and give up and it'll have been a waste of time and money...

How many eggs has it taken other people to get shinies? I'm hoping I'll not take that long, I have found two shinies in the wild, so I hope my luck is in. If I do get my shiny, I don't think I'll be trying for shinies again by this method, but I really want a shiny Milotic!

if you have a shiny pokemon caught in the wild you can RNG for shiny eggs (shoot me a VM if you want help on it dude)

just in case no one said this before, DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR DS
if you turn it off while you are hatching eggs and what not it messes it up. YOu have to leave your ds on the whole time. i never turned mine off and got a shiny ponyta in the first 80 eggs :3

if you turn it off while you are hatching eggs and what not it messes it up. YOu have to leave your ds on the whole time. i never turned mine off and got a shiny ponyta in the first 80 eggs :3
This is not true. I've turned it off (saved, off course, before doing so) and it didn't affect anything. I still got my shiny Chikorita in 171 eggs.

Of course you can turn off your DS, my friend did and he got a shiny.

I got a question can i use the Beldum that i traded with steven stone on my game, and breed it with a ditto that is from france will that work. cause so far its going on 2 boxes full.

Will a Japan Spritomb and a English Gengar work for Masuda Method shiny Gastly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom