• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

No, that's why you breed till you get a male offspring with the egg moves so the chain continues. The female passes down the species, but the male passes down the egg move as shown in the thing I copypasted. Perhaps you misread?

EDIT;; It would go like this
MALE FEEBAS: Learn Flail at level 30
Breed male FEEBAS with female LOTAD = male LOTAD with Flail
Breed male LOTAD with Flail with female PARAS = male PARAS with Flail
Breed male PARAS with Flail with female HERACROSS = male HERACROSS with Flail
male HERACROSS: Learn Counter at level 25
Breed male HERACROSS with female PARAS = Paras with Flail and Counter!

No, that's why you breed till you get a male offspring with the egg moves so the chain continues. The female passes down the species, but the male passes down the egg move as shown in the thing I copypasted. Perhaps you misread?

Oh wait... I see now, the Heracross to-be-father gets Flail from Paras. I did misread, my mistake.

I put an in-depth explanation in my post. I agree though, it should state that you should get a male with the egg move for each part of the chain.

And it was also for showing off that link as a resource, if anyone wants it in the future. It's pretty cool.

@Paras question:

http://waitingforseedot.appspot.com/

FEEBAS: Learn Flail at level 30
LOTAD: Breed male FEEBAS with female LOTAD
PARAS: Breed male LOTAD with female PARAS
HERACROSS: Breed male PARAS with female HERACROSS
HERACROSS: Learn Counter at level 25
PARAS: Breed male HERACROSS with female PARAS

cuts down on the egg chain

that's a freakin' awesome link dude - nice find!

Oh wow, I didn't think I needed to breed a Paras with one move, and then use it as a parent of something that learns the other move...
Thank you, mye, siburke939, and I-am-not-a-he(especially for the nice link).

will it work if
me and my friend go on a wifi battle
he sends out bronzong, i send out smeargal
he uses trick room, i use sketch
will smeargal keep trick room, after the battle is done?

will it work if
me and my friend go on a wifi battle
he sends out bronzong, i send out smeargal
he uses trick room, i use sketch
will smeargal keep trick room, after the battle is done?

No, it does not work in Wi-fi.

You could have him trade it to you, Sketch it in a double-battle, and trade it back, though.

I was looking at the Lugia set written in Smogon, it suggests to use Roost as a recovery move, yet it can learn Recover by leveling up.
My question is, why choose Roost over Recover?

I was looking at the Lugia set written in Smogon, it suggests to use Roost as a recovery move, yet it can learn Recover by leveling up.
My question is, why choose Roost over Recover?

And seeing as roost puts flying types/levitating pokemon at risk from Ground types, its an even more stupid reason...

And seeing as roost puts flying types/levitating pokemon at risk from Ground types, its an even more stupid reason...

At the same time though, it removes several of Lugia's weaknesses which allows it to stall out / set up on slower opponents. Not to mention Lugia isn't weak to Ground type moves without her Flying type, anyway. The biggest threat when Roosting would be something like Scizor U-Turning.

think about it. CBGroudon comes in. is it going to use stone edge or EQ? I would use SE, since other wise after the roost I am useless. However, Stonedge does nuetral. Same with the ever common ice beam users and Thunder users.

I edited the first post with some useful links that contain answers to commonly asked questions. Let me know if I should add or delete something.

Quick Note I learned of: Unburden cannot be Baton Passed, it's treated like Pure Power.

Quick Note: Shouldn't we have an FAQ of sorts on the Front Page so people don't repeatedly ask the same questions?

EDIT: Scratch that, the links cover most of the FAQs.

Quick Note I learned of: Unburden cannot be Baton Passed, it's treated like Pure Power.

Were you reading through Drifblim's analysis? I remember it being mentioned there.

That should be helpful. Also, I was thinking, maybe a link to an iv calculator could help:
Eye candy Calculator | Not so flashy Calculator

Ugh, I hate the new Serebii calc. It's basically Metalkid's but way more annoying to use. I like the previous, simpler version of the Serebii calc though since you could download the page to use offline. It's also handy for calculating Hidden Power from a set of IVs.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom