• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

So, I just got 2 Porygon's with (what I consider, anyway) good IVs.
I just don't know which one to use.

29 HP / 23 ATK / 20 DEF / 28 SP. ATK / 6 SP. DEF / 12 SPD

27 HP / 8 ATK / 5 DEF / 23 SP. ATK / 27 SP. DEF / 26 SPD

So, urm, which one do you think I should use?
Thanks.
ReBreed?
they lack the IV's to be a good porygon-2 or Porygon-z

Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

poliwrath.
Which one works better in the OU metagame, Sub-Poliwrath or bulk up?

Have you tried the set that uses both ??
- Bulk Up
- Focus Punch
- Substitute
- Rock Slide/Ice Punch

Ive never used poliwrath but that one looks best.
and dont double post :p

I'd like some suggestions for pokemon I've gotten...they've got some strange IVs, and I don't know how they'd best be put to use.

Timid #179 Mareep: 30 / 21 / 8 / 31 / 28 / 0 (Hidden Power Type is 'Rock'. Hidden Power Power is 40.)

Mild #81 Magnemite (SHINY): 9 / 2 / 29 / 27 / 0 / 8 (Hidden Power Type is 'Bug'. Hidden Power Power is 41.)

And my most confusing...
Modest #133 Eevee: 22 / 0 / 14 / 8 / 19 / 31 (Hidden Power Type is 'Water'. Hidden Power Power is 58.)

Suggestions would be greatly welcome...

the 0's really kill you there. I would keep the Magnemite, asa it is shine, and its Defense and SP attack are good.
Mareeep is also very good.
eevee.... awful.

what is the best way on fire red to EV train these pokemon and what moves would you recommend all have no EV training going to evolve them all

dratini modest nature

growlithe adamant nature

jolteon gentle nature

Last edited:

Nidoking @ Lifeorb
HP-4, Atk-252, Spe-252
Adamant
Rivalry

Toxic spikes
Poison jab
Horn attack
Eartquake

Nidoking @ Lifeorb
HP-4, Atk-252, Spe-252
Adamant
Rivalry

Toxic spikes
Poison jab
Horn attack
Eartquake

Change to Nidoqueen with Poison Point if you want to TS and put Roar over Poison Jab (if that's the goal. Otherwise, change TS to something strong). Also make it more Def oriented.

Can you fully EV train a pokemon with only vitamins?

Yes. 100 in each of five stats and 10 in some other one. This is pretty much only useful competitively for event Arceus.

Yes. 100 in each of five stats and 10 in some other one. This is pretty much only useful competitively for event Arceus.

Not even. Its better for it to focus its EVs on particular stats to achieve what it needs to on a team rather than an even dispersal of EVs.

If you're using a Steel or Bug Arceus to counter other Ubers, better make sure you can stand up to their base 150 stats and have enough power to kill.

Its never been advisable for those with 100 base stats like Mew, and its certainly not advisable now.

Actually, I was asking because I got a pretty good Flygon in a trade that I want to use, but it's level 100 already...

I was thinking about using this glaceon (I'm going to IV train it soon)
Would this be a good moveset?
Hail or Baton Pass
Mirror Coat
Ice Beam
Barrior or Blizzard
Item: Leftovers

I received a level 100 Infernape in a trade, timid nature, 252 EV's in SpA and Spe. I kind of want to use him, because he has a 31 in Spe and a 30 in SpA. His moves are Focus Blast, Flamethrower, Grass Knot and Taunt. I want to get rid of Focus Blast and Taunt, but I don't know if Close Combat would be worth it with his undesirable nature for attack, and I'm not sure what to replace Taunt with. Any ideas?

I received a level 100 Infernape in a trade, timid nature, 252 EV's in SpA and Spe. I kind of want to use him, because he has a 31 in Spe and a 30 in SpA. His moves are Focus Blast, Flamethrower, Grass Knot and Taunt. I want to get rid of Focus Blast and Taunt, but I don't know if Close Combat would be worth it with his undesirable nature for attack, and I'm not sure what to replace Taunt with. Any ideas?

what's its hidden power type

Edit battle me witb it to test it out

that actually seems like a pretty good set for him. do not replace FB with CC, you are wasting a good specsape (uncommon set).

that actually seems like a pretty good set for him. do not replace FB with CC, you are wasting a good specsape (uncommon set).

So taunt is worth a move slot on him? In what situation would I use it? I'm just purely curious, I'm not saying it's not a good choice.

So taunt is worth a move slot on him? In what situation would I use it? I'm just purely curious, I'm not saying it's not a good choice.
well, i'm not a big fan of taunt, so my opinion means nothing here.
if i was using the specs set i would drop it for something else.

I got a level 99 eevee and dicided to evolve it to a glaceon because it was Modest what would be a good moveset?
Also what IV's should I should I focus on?

I got a level 99 eevee and dicided to evolve it to a glaceon because it was Modest what would be a good moveset?
Also what IV's should I should I focus on?

If you evolved it already and its lvl 100 then it cant be EV trained. Also you cant focus on IVs unless your using it as a parent in breeding.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom