• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Simple Answers 3

HeartGold or Diamond?

• HeartGold

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Diamond

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I use Acrobatic with a Flying Gem, do I get the Gem boost, or both boosts?

Actually I just checked Bulbapedia and it seems to indicate that they'll still work if they're Transferred instead of Relocated. The Relocator is only there so you can get them before the National Dex.

I Transferred my Shiny Suicune and got Zoroark, so I can confirm this.

Any truth to the rumor that Nintendo pulled the plug on Global Trading for the games that AREN'T Black/White?

Any truth to the rumor that Nintendo pulled the plug on Global Trading for the games that AREN'T Black/White?

Other than the GTS hasn't been working for the last few days? No.

The counter to that is Several companies based in Japan have had to shut down their servers.

Genderless also works. I've had rotom pass down a move because it was a tm.

yeah i know but TM's =/= egg moves

which brings me on nicely to a question that is probably painfully easy to answer...

are TM's still passed down in B/W? (i know it's a bit pointless due to infinite use TM's but i am still curious)

yeah i know but TM's =/= egg moves

which brings me on nicely to a question that is probably painfully easy to answer...

are TM's still passed down in B/W? (i know it's a bit pointless due to infinite use TM's but i am still curious)

Yes. I've passed down Energy Ball, Cut, and Surf while breeding Snivies and Tirtougae.

Petilil evoles via sun stone to Lilligant

At level 10, Petilil learns Sleep powder.
At level 10, Lilligant learns teeter dance

If I level a Petilil to 10, teach it sleep powder, then evolve it with a sun stone at lvl 10 to Lilligant...

Will I also be able to teach Lilligant teeter dance once the evolution animation is complete?

If I can't... would I be able to use a heart scale to teach it teeter dance after it knows sleep powder from it's prior evolution?

Just wanting to make absolute certain incase I get lamed :saiyan:

Thanks in advance

If I level a Petilil to 10, teach it sleep powder, then evolve it with a sun stone at lvl 10 to Lilligant...

Will I also be able to teach Lilligant teeter dance once the evolution animation is complete?

Assuming it works the same way as in Pearl, yes.

If I can't... would I be able to use a heart scale to teach it teeter dance after it knows sleep powder from it's prior evolution?

Assuming you evolve it before taking it to the move relearner, yes.

Okay... I think my "Common Sense" as a PKMN Trainer is just a little bit behind with the times but... when did the Rock-Type lose its Super-Effective Status against the Electric-Type???

Okay... I think my "Common Sense" as a PKMN Trainer is just a little bit behind with the times but... when did the Rock-Type lose its Super-Effective Status against the Electric-Type???
Since Gen. 1. Rock Types have always been susceptible to Electric attacks, and using Rock moves don't give you the super-effective bonus on the little spark plugs.

It's GROUND type moves and Pokemon that have the super effectiveness. It's just that most Ground types are also Rock Types, and most Rock Types can learn Ground-Type moves.

ok got two here first off whe are a pokemon's nature and iv's set when you encounter it or when you catch it?

im asking in the case of roaming pokemon to know when i have to save either b4 i see it at all?
or once its weak and right b4 i catch it?

second question is if you breed a pokemon with a dreamworld ability does the ability pass down to it's offspring?

Just wanting to make absolute certain incase I get lamed :saiyan:

Thanks in advance

if not you can use a move relearner just save right b4 and try it and get back to us on that cause im curious myself

ok got two here first off whe are a pokemon's nature and iv's set when you encounter it or when you catch it?

im asking in the case of roaming pokemon to know when i have to save either b4 i see it at all?
or once its weak and right b4 i catch it??

When you encounter it.

or once its weak and right b4 i catch it?

second question is if you breed a pokemon with a dreamworld ability does the ability pass down to it's offspring?

1 I'm pretty sure roamer's stats and natures are set when you first start roaming, but don't quote me on that. If we're talking about the ones in BW, save before talking to the old lady, go to where the light board in the gates say there is a storm (almost guaranteed he will move by then) and go in and out of the gate until you actually see said storm.

2 A female pokemon with a hidden ability has a 40% chance of passing it on to her offspring.

1 I'm pretty sure roamer's stats and natures are set when you first start roaming, but don't quote me on that. If we're talking about the ones in BW, save before talking to the old lady, go to where the light board in the gates say there is a storm (almost guaranteed he will move by then) and go in and out of the gate until you actually see said storm.

2 A female pokemon with a hidden ability has a 40% chance of passing it on to her offspring.

thnx and to follow it up when is gender decided by a dream world pokemon when you meet it in dream world or when you catch it in the forest?

Some stupid breeding questions.
-How did people originally find out what moves Pokémon could learn only by breeding?
-If I teach a Pokemon in Pearl a TM move that isn't a TM in Gen V (like Snatch, Focus Punch, Silver Wind, etc.), can I still breed it if I transfer it to Black? Are there any moves that work like that?
For example, Snivy can learn Natural Gift via egg move. If I teach a male Pachirisu (or any Gen I-IV Ground/Plant group really) Natural Gift via TM in Pearl, transfer him to Black and breed it with a Servine, will the resulting Snivy know it too? Also, could you get egg moves onto Pokemon like that even if it isn't a normal egg move?
-Forgot the last one, I'll edit it in if I remember.
How poorly-worded, vague and obscure. You guys must love me....

Some stupid breeding questions.
-How did people originally find out what moves Pokémon could learn only by breeding?

Trial and error, I bet.

-If I teach a Pokemon in Pearl a TM move that isn't a TM in Gen V (like Snatch, Focus Punch, Silver Wind, etc.), can I still breed it if I transfer it to Black? Are there any moves that work like that?
For example, Snivy can learn Natural Gift via egg move. If I teach a male Pachirisu (or any Gen I-IV Ground/Plant group really) Natural Gift via TM in Pearl, transfer him to Black and breed it with a Servine, will the resulting Snivy know it too? Also, could you get egg moves onto Pokemon like that even if it isn't a normal egg move?

Bulbapedia seems to think so, but the best way to do it is to try.

Blast, I had just found some examples of it (breeding Focus Punch with Volbeat and Sudowoodo) and was hoping I could just edit it out of my post. Thanks for answering though!
As for the first answer, if it's just trial and error, does that mean that there could still be some egg moves on certain Pokemon that nobody has found yet?
And I remembered the last question: How do random egg moves work? It's happened to me twice, once I hatched an Eevee that knew Toxic, even though neither parent did, and another time I hatched a Cranidos with Earthquake, and again, neither parent had it.

i doubt if the egg moves are discovered by trial & error - probably by hackers going through the game code

...if it's just trial and error, does that mean that there could still be some egg moves on certain Pokemon that nobody has found yet?...

well i know that, from experience, i've breed egg moves onto pokes that bulbapedia hadn't listed or even mentioned. so i guess it's just an ever expanding "accident" experiment :p

...I hatched an Eevee that knew Toxic, even though neither parent did, and another time I hatched a Cranidos with Earthquake, and again, neither parent had it...

well if you left the parents in the DC for too long, it's possible that when they reached a level that would have them learn a new move, toxic/EQ could've been forgotten when you took them out? i've heard that the parent pokemon, even if they've "forgotten" the moves you want passed down in the DC, they'll still produce offspring using the moveset they had when you 1st placed them in the DC.

but that's all considering if the parents even knew the moves you're talking about when you put them in.

Some are random, three can be passed from the parents (one, either, or both). Using a power item on a parent will guarantee that iv is passed down from HGSS onward. If you put a different power item on both parents, it picks which one it transfers at random.

Thank you. So it will always be (at least) one IV from one of the parents that transfer down? I mean, could it be that none of the IVs are passed down? So if I got two parents that have 31 IVs in each stat; the offspring will get 31 IVs in at least one stat?

In that case, breeding a Pokémon with 31 IVs in each stat is very difficult? If you're not RNGing or cheating in another way, right?

I've RNGed shinies before, any of you that RNG IVs, is it harder/easier than RNGing shinies, or the same, in your option?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom