• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Simple Answers 3

HeartGold or Diamond?

• HeartGold

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Diamond

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it true that you cannot transfer a Surfing Pikachu to Black/White?

I have this silly question.
You'll see, I bought Pokémon Rangers: Guardian Signs for Christmas, and I played it until I could download the special missions for Shaymin, Heatran and Manaphy.
I got Manaphy, but still, I didn't finish the game.
I checked if I have the missions on Ranger Net and I do.
My question is... if I have the special missions on my DS, can I still get Shaymin and Heatran?

Question Repost (and additional one): There's a guy in a House in Route 18 (Unova) that says he wants some thing in your bag, but it seems I don't have anything he wants... What does he want?

How does one get more Building and People in Black City? I got like 3 tall buildings and 2 small ones that I all can't enter...

Is it true that you cannot transfer a Surfing Pikachu to Black/White?

yes this is true, you will have to delete surf before bringing it to gen 5 (sadly :[) same with the pikachu that know fly.

Question Repost (and additional one): There's a guy in a House in Route 18 (Unova) that says he wants some thing in your bag, but it seems I don't have anything he wants... What does he want?

How does one get more Building and People in Black City? I got like 3 tall buildings and 2 small ones that I all can't enter...

1) i'd like to know too!
2) you have to connect to someone's [who is physically with you] white forest through the extralink or something, but i hear that if you don't do it within the 1st 10 days of starting your game, you're pretty much screwed. but who knows :/

Last edited:
I was gonna mention this on the wiki's discussion page, but since the site is locked, i'll ask it here: Is it ever said what the relation between Iris and Drayden is? I thought i remember it being said somewhere in the game that they were related, but i can't remember exactly, and i did not see any indication of any relation on the wiki page for either of them.

In BW where can you check for max EV?
There is a girl in a building directly north of Opelucid City's Pokémon Center which will check the EVs of the topmost Pokémon in your party. If they're maxed out, she'll say that it "put in a great effort", if not, then she says it "looks like it can try a little harder".

I was gonna mention this on the wiki's discussion page, but since the site is locked, i'll ask it here: Is it ever said what the relation between Iris and Drayden is? I thought i remember it being said somewhere in the game that they were related, but i can't remember exactly, and i did not see any indication of any relation on the wiki page for either of them.

I think they just live together and Drayden is Iris' mentor. I don't think the games mention any father/daughter or grandfather/granddaughter relationship between the two.

Tornadus is just like any roaming pokemon, right? it'll reappear with the same health i left it at?

what levels are the prize pokemon in celadon game corner in gen 3?
specifically abra in leafgreen
bulbapedia appears to lack this information.

And Cryogonal is genderless. What happens when it uses Attract?

in FR/LG, will golbat evolve with happiness even before you get the national dex?

Tornadus is just like any roaming pokemon, right? it'll reappear with the same health i left it at?
Yes, it'll have the same health and status ailments that it fled with.
what levels are the prize pokemon in celadon game corner in gen 3?
specifically abra in leafgreen
bulbapedia appears to lack this information.
Abra is level 6, Clefairy is level 12, Scyther/Pinsir is level 20, Dratini is level 24, and Porygon is level 18.
And Cryogonal is genderless. What happens when it uses Attract?
Mew and Cryogonal are the only genderless Pokemon that can learn Attract. When they use it, it will only work on other genderless Pokemon.
in FR/LG, will golbat evolve with happiness even before you get the national dex?
It will start to evolve but stop because you don't have the national dex. The same thing happens if you try to trade an Onix or Scyther holding a Metal Coat to a FRLG without the national dex.

thanks
It will start to evolve but stop because you don't have the national dex. The same thing happens if you try to trade an Onix or Scyther holding a Metal Coat to a FRLG without the national dex.

weird that that doesnt happen in HGSS. I wonder why they decided to just add the extra pokemon to the pokedex.

Should I catch a Chandelier with Flame Body or Flash Fire?

Should I get a Carracosta with Sturdy or Solid Rock?

Holy crap! Is this what I've been missing since Gen. 3?! I really need to save some pennies then for a DS and the new version then, even though I like collecting legendaries and will miss the Victini window by a large margin when that time comes.

Thats awesome. The narrator is annoying, but the battle is brilliant!

I wonder if any pokemon with sturdy are able to learn quick atack and eandeavour. The FEAR method could be adapted to use sturdy with no need for a focus sash.

Er, pretty stupid question over here but... If I transfer my pokemon from Soul Silver over to White can I still send them back to Soul Silver?

^^^^
nope. its a permanent thing. just like when you pal park gen 3 pokemon into gen 4. they can never go back.

Thats awesome. The narrator is annoying, but the battle is brilliant!

I wonder if any pokemon with sturdy are able to learn quick atack and eandeavour. The FEAR method could be adapted to use sturdy with no need for a focus sash.

Aron's already the "newest" adaptation of the F.E.A.R. method.

Damn... I'll just keep most my pokes in Soul Silver then...

But HOW do I trade from gen 4 to gen 5? I can borrow another DS if that's a problem, I'm just wondering since I get White in about a week

Damn... I'll just keep most my pokes in Soul Silver then...

But HOW do I trade from gen 4 to gen 5? I can borrow another DS if that's a problem, I'm just wondering since I get White in about a week

Yes, you will need another DS. On route 15 there is the standard transfer machine. Go inside talk to the attendant in BW say yes to transfer. On the second DS you have to be in the DS start menu so if you have the DS set to go directly to the game take that off by starting the DS with out a game in the slot. Put a gen. 4 game in and turn on the second DS after you have agreed to transfer pokemon in BW that DS will send a wire less play option to the other DS select wireless play. The game will read it and instruct you to choose 6 pokemon, pick your pokemon. The game will transfer the pokemon to BW play the mini game to collect your pokemon. Lather rinse repeat as needed.

If you want to transfer Celebi or the crown beasts you need to use the transfer machine in Castelia city.

I'm having a lot of problems using the GTS in SoulSilver recently. I connect to the wifi and a message saying I was "disconnected and am returning to the counter." Did Gamefreak take down the 4th Gen GTS already?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom