• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (XY Edition)

What exactly does "Sand Force" do?

Does it only effect 1 pokemon? does it effect all pokemon including opponent? I would love to use it in triple or double battles.

Please help - advice on restarting

If I mustn't make this thread, please delete it and tell me off :p

I want to restart my Pokemon X but I am worried about what will happen if I do.

Will I lose all my friends and have to add their friend codes again?

Will my Pokémon in the Pokémon Bank be safe? (I checked this online and I'm almost sure they will but I wanted to double check here).

Thanks in advance :)

Does it only effect 1 pokemon? does it effect all pokemon including opponent? I would love to use it in triple or double battles.
Sand Force only affects the pokemon that has Sand Force.

Re: Please help - advice on restarting

If I mustn't make this thread, please delete it and tell me off :p

I want to restart my Pokemon X but I am worried about what will happen if I do.

Will I lose all my friends and have to add their friend codes again?

Will my Pokémon in the Pokémon Bank be safe? (I checked this online and I'm almost sure they will but I wanted to double check here).

Thanks in advance :)

You wont have to re add the friend codes, you'll have them all since the PSS runs off your 3DS friend's list

Yes, your Pokemon will be safe in Pokemon Bank, you can move all your Pokemon from your old file into Bank and then withdraw them after you restart. Pokemon Bank is tied to your 3DS not the X/Y file.

PokéWalker problems

I recently restarted my copy of SoulSilver. I was planning on using my usual strategy of using the Night Sky's Edge PokéWalker route to get some easy money and buy the good TMs from the Goldenrod Dept. Store, but an Onix decided to show up on the PokéWalker before I could re-synch it to my new save file, and now I can't get it to connect. Does anyone have a solution that doesn't involve re-starting my game again?

Pokemon Sapphire Crash––HELP!

I'm experiencing a game crash everytime my Gastly is out and an opponent trainer sends out a new pokemon. I've never experienced anything like it before.

This Gastly has been tutored Psychic and Thunderbolt (also knows Lick and Hypnosis) and was also given 10 vitamins to boost all stats except Attack. Basically, he can be sent out to face the first opponent, but when that one faints and the next one is sent out, the game immediately resets and I'm back at the Home Screen and then to my last save.

It is very frustrating and I could not find any possible cause elsewhere, so I'm coming here.

Thanks for any help.

Re: Pokemon Sapphire Crash––HELP!

I'm experiencing a game crash everytime my Gastly is out and an opponent trainer sends out a new pokemon. I've never experienced anything like it before.

This Gastly has been tutored Psychic and Thunderbolt (also knows Lick and Hypnosis) and was also given 10 vitamins to boost all stats except Attack. Basically, he can be sent out to face the first opponent, but when that one faints and the next one is sent out, the game immediately resets and I'm back at the Home Screen and then to my last save.

It is very frustrating and I could not find any possible cause elsewhere, so I'm coming here.

Thanks for any help.

This happens just with the Gastly? Hmm I dunno, it's possible it's an issue with the game cart. Where did you get it? Did you buy it used? Sometimes used games can be bootleg/fake games and those wont work properly. Other than that I dont know.

Yes it happens only with Gastly and I can start battles with him (usually). He appears from his poke ball and then before I can move the cursor, the game resets. I also traded him into another copy of Sapphire and the same thing happened there

Yes it happens only with Gastly and I can start battles with him (usually). He appears from his poke ball and then before I can move the cursor, the game resets. I also traded him into another copy of Sapphire and the same thing happened there

It sounds like an issue just with that one Pokemon then. I know you may want to continue using this Gastly but it's probably best if you release it, I really have no idea how what you described could happen, sorry, it seems though that the Pokemon is harming the games that it is being used on.

I now just traded a random Gastly into the game and the same glitch happened... This gastly was fresh from an egg

If a move like thrash is used on a pokemon that's immune to it does the user keep on thrashing or does the move count as disrupted?

If a move like thrash is used on a pokemon that's immune to it does the user keep on thrashing or does the move count as disrupted?
I assume it's the same as Outrage, which is disrupted against a Fairy type pokemon because Fairy types are immune to it.

I assume it's the same as Outrage, which is disrupted against a Fairy type pokemon because Fairy types are immune to it.

Which means that in that event the user can use a different move right? Assuming of course there are no choice items involved.

Also Sand Force raises the power of Rock, Ground, and Steel type moves by 30%.

Which means that in that event the user can use a different move right? Assuming of course there are no choice items involved.
Yes, you can use a different move in the turn after the move got disrupted, the pokemon will still get confused though if the turn it got disrupted was the final turn (the turn that induces confusion).

It's a lot like how if Hyper Beam misses, you don't spend the next turn recharging. (Which doesn't always make logical sense, but hey)

How

I was fighting a steelix with my claydol. Both level 100. The steelix uses iron head. I use trick room. Then it use iron head again. It was still faster than me. How? Can someone explain this to me.

I keep seeing people that they completed the living dex on X/Y or BW what is this living Dex??? Is it a new name for the national dex or something?

I keep seeing people that they completed the living dex on X/Y or BW what is this living Dex??? Is it a new name for the national dex or something?
Living Dex is having every single pokemon in the National Dex on your PC.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom