• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

I remember vaguly hearing or reading somewhere that there are pokemon in black 2 that shiny locked i was wondering if someone could tell be if this is true and possibly give me a list
According to the Shiny Pokemon page on Bulbapedia and adding to what Shiny Celebi said, Keldeo, Meloetta and Victini are also shiny locked.
Victini isnt catchable in Black 2 but all wondercard Pokemon not set to specificably be shiny are also shiny locked.

I remember vaguly hearing or reading somewhere that there are pokemon in black 2 that shiny locked i was wondering if someone could tell be if this is true and possibly give me a list

Reshiram and Zekrom are shiny locked, also all Dream World Pokemon in Entree forest and Hidden Grotto Pokemon are also shiny locked. Other than that, I don't think there are any others.

So i can get ANOTHER shiny heatran awesome

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

If someone doesn't have the national dex yet, do non-kalos pokemon they do tradebacks on count for when they do get it? I'm helping a guy with his pokedex but he hasn't gotten the dex in game yet, so when he gets it will the pokemon we traded show up?

If someone doesn't have the national dex yet, do non-kalos pokemon they do tradebacks on count for when they do get it? I'm helping a guy with his pokedex but he hasn't gotten the dex in game yet, so when he gets it will the pokemon we traded show up?

It did work this way back in gen IV, but I'm not sure about gen VI
I don't see why GF would remove that feature, so I think you should try it

You get the shiny and oval charm, yes, but you don't get the crowns for the kalos dexes if any of the pokes in those were non kalos born. For the National Dex it doesn't matter at all if they're KB or not.

The crowns are a really minor thing but some people care about the little things ahahaha. They don't even do anything, they're just there for aesthetic/completionist purposes.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (XY Edition)

To get the shiny charm, do all pokemon (excluding events) have to be actively caught/registered, or can they just be seen? Also does it matter at all if they're Kalos born or not?

To get the shiny charm, do all pokemon (excluding events) have to be actively caught/registered, or can they just be seen? Also does it matter at all if they're Kalos born or not?
They have to be registered, but they don't have to be Kalos native. You need previous Legendaries after all, and there's no way to get'em in Kalos.

If I have a hidden ability female Gligar with the wrong nature, and want to breed it with a male standard ability Gligar with the right nature, will giving the male Gligar an Everstone so that it can pass on it's nature to the offspring affect how successfully the Hidden Ability passes on? Do I have to find a different male Pokemon with the right nature but in the same egg group for me to be able to safely give it an everstone without affecting the odds of the Hidden Ability getting passed on, or should I breed the two gligars without any everstone to try and luck into hatching a female with both the right ability and the right nature?

I'm having difficulty finding a good place to level in FireRed. I've beaten the game [did so quite a long time ago, actually] and only recently came back to it. The Elite Four Rematches are far above my current team's capabilities, and nowhere I've been able to find seems to give enough experience to make up the difference, unless I put in an ungodly number of hours. I'm not looking for cheap tricks like cloning Rare Candies or even using the Day Care [because frankly it feels unearned, and because I don't want to have to look up the level every single one of my 'mons learns new moves, all so I can avoid having the Day Care overwrite them]. What I'm probably looking for is the highest level of trainer battle that I can trigger by Vs. Seeker.

I'm having difficulty finding a good place to level in FireRed. I've beaten the game [did so quite a long time ago, actually] and only recently came back to it. The Elite Four Rematches are far above my current team's capabilities, and nowhere I've been able to find seems to give enough experience to make up the difference, unless I put in an ungodly number of hours. I'm not looking for cheap tricks like cloning Rare Candies or even using the Day Care [because frankly it feels unearned, and because I don't want to have to look up the level every single one of my 'mons learns new moves, all so I can avoid having the Day Care overwrite them]. What I'm probably looking for is the highest level of trainer battle that I can trigger by Vs. Seeker.

There's two pretty tough Cooltrainers, both with 5 Pokemon in the mid-50s, at the bottom of Sevault Canyon. They're right next to a house where you can heal, so it's very convenient. That's my personal best levelling spot.

If I have a hidden ability female Gligar with the wrong nature, and want to breed it with a male standard ability Gligar with the right nature, will giving the male Gligar an Everstone so that it can pass on it's nature to the offspring affect how successfully the Hidden Ability passes on? Do I have to find a different male Pokemon with the right nature but in the same egg group for me to be able to safely give it an everstone without affecting the odds of the Hidden Ability getting passed on, or should I breed the two gligars without any everstone to try and luck into hatching a female with both the right ability and the right nature?
The female is who decides which Ability is passed down. If the female Gligar's Ability is its hidden Ability, the 60% chance of passing it to the offspring is not altered even if the male Gligar has any of its regular Abilities. Male's Ability only has influence if you're breeding them with Ditto. So yes. You can breed the Gligars and give the male the Everstone to pass its Nature to all offsprings, and the female will keep the usual chance of passing the hidden Ability.

So I got a level 1 Chikorita in a Nest Ball through Wonder Trading, and from what I've seen the only way that's possible is if you caught a female Bayleef in a Nest Ball waaaaay back in Colosseum, transferred it at least four times and across 4 different generations, and bred it in XY. Is that the case or was there another way to obtain one? (Just out of curiosity.)

So I got a level 1 Chikorita in a Nest Ball through Wonder Trading, and from what I've seen the only way that's possible is if you caught a female Bayleef in a Nest Ball waaaaay back in Colosseum, transferred it at least four times and across 4 different generations, and bred it in XY. Is that the case or was there another way to obtain one? (Just out of curiosity.)
Yep, that is the only way: Get a female Bayleef from Colosseum in a Nest Ball, transfer all the way to XY and breed it. All other Chikoritas have been starters or gifts, and they all come in a Poké Ball.

There's two pretty tough Cooltrainers, both with 5 Pokemon in the mid-50s, at the bottom of Sevault Canyon. They're right next to a house where you can heal, so it's very convenient. That's my personal best levelling spot.

You are a gentleman and a scholar, good sir. Sounds like *precisely* the thing I was looking for!

Are Kurt's Balls Technically Still In XY/ORAS?

Hey everyone, so Kurt's balls were only obtainable in HGSS, but if you transfered them up to Gen 5, they were still viewable as being in what the Pokemon was caught in. I want to know, does the same happen for Gen 6, ie will a Pokemon caught in a Moon Ball still show the Moon Ball in XY?

Also with the new breeding mechanic, is it possible to pass these balls down to the offspring?

Re: Are Kurt's Balls Technically Still In XY/ORAS?

Hey everyone, so Kurt's balls were only obtainable in HGSS, but if you transfered them up to Gen 5, they were still viewable as being in what the Pokemon was caught in. I want to know, does the same happen for Gen 6, ie will a Pokemon caught in a Moon Ball still show the Moon Ball in XY?

Also with the new breeding mechanic, is it possible to pass these balls down to the offspring?
Yes to all.

Tipping in X and Y

Aside from making me look like a good person, is there any other point for tipping NPCs for their services (like sending Writs in the Battle Chateau or Phil the Photo Guy)? I heard a rumor that tipping increases the chances of finding a shiny, but I think that's just one of those "Urban Legend of Zelda" deals.

Re: Tipping in X and Y

It can give you a medal if you sync your game to the Global Link site. Apparently it can also increase your style rating, which gives you access to certain services and better prices for them in Lumiose too, but there are other ways to max that out. Mostly it's just there to make you feel like a good person.

Re: Hidden Tinymushrooms in Mt.Moon?

Hey all, I was reading through the Walkthrough for FireRed or LeafGreen and for Mt. Moon, it says I can find tinymushrooms in the B1F paths in rocks but I can't find any. Is it wrong or is there something I have to do or someone or something it have to encounter?

Appendix:FireRed and LeafGreen walkthrough/Section 2 - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

All I can say is that in my multiple playthroughs of the game is that I never found any in Mt. Moon, but I never go out of my way to find hidden items.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom