• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Learning Moves

Bit of a newbie question, but if you choose not to learn a move as a pokemon is levelling up, is there any way to teach that pokemon that move at a later time?

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (XY Edition)

Yes, that is possible. You have to find the person who can help your pokemon remember the attacks it didn't learn or that is has forgotten because that move was exchanged for another one. In X/Y, this person is located in Dendemille Town. If you give them a heart scale, your pokemon can remember a forgotten or not learned attack and learn it.

Last edited:
What moves does Dream Radar Tornadus come with? I plan to use one in a playthrough so long as it doesn't have Hurricane and Hammer Arm or other cheap moves to start with.

What moves does Dream Radar Tornadus come with? I plan to use one in a playthrough so long as it doesn't have Hurricane and Hammer Arm or other cheap moves to start with.
Pokemon from the Dream Radar generally have only level-up moves, so exactly what moveset they end up with depends on the # of Gym badges when you transfer the Pokemon.

Ok, I have this question that's being discussed on the What the...? Moments thread but no-one is providing answers.

Ok, so on the GTS there are four Jirachi being offered, the first 3 being named F*** YOU without the asterisks. How are they on there? Is this a hackjob? How did their names pass? Why can't you use a Jirachi to trade? (Like accepting their offer) Why is this the only event Mon on there?

Please answer these questions quickly.

Pokemon from the Dream Radar generally have only level-up moves, so exactly what moveset they end up with depends on the # of Gym badges when you transfer the Pokemon.

I'm going to take it that its level scales as well?

I feel so stupid asking this but I plead for understanding: I’m a 60 year old grandma and I just started playing my first Pokemon game the other day (Pokemon X). I’ve beat Bowser to death over and over again in the last 28 gaming years and I need something new.

Stupid question of 2014: Is it possible to change out the 6 Pokemon I use in battle? The ones I have would probably not be my choice in battle but as I walk through the tall grass, they ended up there. How can I pick the ones I WANT for battle? Thank you so much!

I feel so stupid asking this but I plead for understanding: I’m a 60 year old grandma and I just started playing my first Pokemon game the other day (Pokemon X). I’ve beat Bowser to death over and over again in the last 28 gaming years and I need something new.

Stupid question of 2014: Is it possible to change out the 6 Pokemon I use in battle? The ones I have would probably not be my choice in battle but as I walk through the tall grass, they ended up there. How can I pick the ones I WANT for battle? Thank you so much!
Yes you can. Just go to any Pokemon Center and go over to the computer there and access "someone's PC" and it will allow you to exchange Pokemon in there for ones in your party.

Regarding EV training:

I have my teams in Diamond and Heartgold and they, as I only learned about EVs and such recently, probably have very bad spreads. However would I be able to transfer them to X/Y and reset their EVs there to start fresh and train them properly?
All of them are around level 70.

Yes you can. Just go to any Pokemon Center and go over to the computer there and access "someone's PC" and it will allow you to exchange Pokemon in there for ones in your party.

Thank you, shiny. You’re a peach. I’m having problems finding *simple* strategies online; maybe you can help. (I promise not to be a PITA.) What’s the best strategy? I have 6 Pokemon I’m happy with but now that I know I can switch them out, should I start building the others up? I’m finding this game quite confusing.

Thank you, shiny. You’re a peach. I’m having problems finding *simple* strategies online; maybe you can help. (I promise not to be a PITA.) What’s the best strategy? I have 6 Pokemon I’m happy with but now that I know I can switch them out, should I start building the others up? I’m finding this game quite confusing.
For strategies, what you can do is try to pick Pokemon which types will have an advantage over Pokemon you are fighting and level them up by fighting wild Pokemon and other trainers in the game. You can find out which those are here: Type chart - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia You can also find other useful info about the games on Bulbapedia.

Regarding EV training:

I have my teams in Diamond and Heartgold and they, as I only learned about EVs and such recently, probably have very bad spreads. However would I be able to transfer them to X/Y and reset their EVs there to start fresh and train them properly?
Yes you can. You can use the EV resetting berries to do this or in super training if you get a Reset Bag use that to reset all a Pokemon's EVs

How exactly do I become a Grand Duke/Duchess in the Battle Chateau? Going by Bulbapedia's list, I've battled every single trainer from each of the 5 ranks below Grand Duke/Duchess, and I've battled all of the Gym Leaders and Elite Four in the Chateau. Is there something I'm missing, like a requirement for a certain amount of time to pass or something?

Last edited:

How exactly do I become a Grand Duke/Duchess in the Battle Chateau? Going by Bulbapedia's list, I've battled every single trainer from each of the 5 ranks below Grand Duke/Duchess, and I've battled all of the Gym Leaders and Elite Four in the Chateau. Is there something I'm missing, like a requirement for a certain amount of time to pass or something?

I'm pretty sure that's all that's needed. After that, all you need to do is exit and reenter the building and you should be given the cutscene that promotes you to Grand Duke/Duchess.

Are you sure you got everyone?

Regarding EV training:

Yes you can. You can use the EV resetting berries to do this or in super training if you get a Reset Bag use that to reset all a Pokemon's EVs

Additionally, you can mix a Kee Berry and a Maranga Berry at the juice shop to get a Perilous Soup, which also completely resets EVs.

You have to continuously battle all the available trainers inside the building. Every trainer has a corresponding points. Once you got a certain level of points, your rank will increase. Every increased rank is also the chance for you to use a different Writs. Writs are being use to invite stronger trainer(like Gym Leader, Elite Four and Diantha). The hardest rank to reach is the Grand Duke but it is accessible by continuously battling all the trainers in there.

Battle Chateau will be your alternatives in leveling up your Pokes since it has 4 trainers that use 2-3 Audinos that will surely give you a bunch of Exps. Though Battle Chateau is not a wise option to do EV training.

Last edited:
Regarding EV training:

So it's completely the same as if I did this with like a level 1 pokemon? No drawbacks? Awesome thanks :)

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom