• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (XY Edition)

In regards to the Masuda Method, do chances of getting a shiny increase even more if both Pokemon are from a different region instead of just having one?

In regards to the Masuda Method, do chances of getting a shiny increase even more if both Pokemon are from a different region instead of just having one?
Not really, chances are increased whenever two Pokemon are bred that are not from the same region/language, but the chance remains the same amongst all languages. So a Jap/Ger combo has the same chance on an Eng game as a Jap/Eng combo.

I actually deconstructed how Masuda Method works on the programming side a while back on this thread. I was brushed off immediately after I spent all that time researching it. That really irritated me. :l

The only thing that matters is that the parents' regions differ from each other.

Thanks for the answers to the previous question I had. xD Now I have another one; does Flash Fire help hatch eggs faster? I remember reading somewhere that it does, but I just want to make sure before I start riding around on my bike with a Flash Fire mon and in reality it does nothing to help hatch eggs faster.

Thanks for the answers to the previous question I had. xD Now I have another one; does Flash Fire help hatch eggs faster? I remember reading somewhere that it does, but I just want to make sure before I start riding around on my bike with a Flash Fire mon and in reality it does nothing to help hatch eggs faster.
Sadly, no. Flash Fire has no effect outside of battle.

Flame Body however does speed up hatching eggs by half.

EDIT: Forgot about Magma Armor. It does the same as Flame Body outside of battle.

EDIT: Forgot about Magma Armor. It does the same as Flame Body outside of battle.

I figured, thanks~

I figured, thanks~

Magma Armor and Flame Body do not stack so you may want to keep that in mind as well.

Depends on the game.
In DPPL, you go to the fallen meteorites in that (Veilstone?) City.

In BW the museum where you fight the Normal Gym Leader, a meteorite does the same.

In B2W2, I believe it is the same but I cannot confirm it.

In XY, I think I heard it was in the Fossil lab. I can check this in a little bit.

Thanks! I found it in Ambrette City..

Question: What's the reasoning behind Azumarill being UU in Gen. V according to Smogon, while Samurott being NU? I really don't get this one at all.

I'm gonna be asking about something old here but... with the Celebi event with the Pokemon bank, because I didn't do that when you got the trial does that mean if I wanted to get Celebi now through the event with Pokebank I would have to purchase the yearly subscription? or is there a way around it?

I'm gonna be asking about something old here but... with the Celebi event with the Pokemon bank, because I didn't do that when you got the trial does that mean if I wanted to get Celebi now through the event with Pokebank I would have to purchase the yearly subscription? or is there a way around it?

You have to get the subscription to use Pokemon Bank. There is no way around it.

SYNCHRONIZE: DOES IT REALLY WORK?

I admit, I am just a newbie in terms of breeding good IV Pokemon. And recently, I got my first 2 FS with Ditto in it. And since breeding in Gen 6 is now an easy thing to do(according to numerous websites), I immediately tried doing it.

However, I'm always having hard time getting the right nature for my breeding subject. so I immediately searched the internet again on how to get the a certain Nature in a right way. So I read this one article that mentioned that using the ability Synchronize mostly existing with Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam evolution line, can get me my desired Nature as long as the Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam has the same Nature that you want.

Since I need a Relaxed Beldum, I need to find a Relaxed Ditto that's so hard to find. Luckily, I have a Relaxed Alakazam with Synchronize ability.

So I immediately went to FS and hunt a Ditto hoping to have a relaxed Ditto through Alakazam.

Unluckily, until my 16th Ditto, I can't catch a Relaxed Ditto.

I just want to know if this technique really works. Or am I missing something?

Re: SYNCHRONIZE: DOES IT REALLY WORK?

I admit, I am just a newbie in terms of breeding good IV Pokemon. And recently, I got my first 2 FS with Ditto in it. And since breeding in Gen 6 is now an easy thing to do(according to numerous websites), I immediately tried doing it.

However, I'm always having hard time getting the right nature for my breeding subject. so I immediately searched the internet again on how to get the a certain Nature in a right way. So I read this one article that mentioned that using the ability Synchronize mostly existing with Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam evolution line, can get me my desired Nature as long as the Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam has the same Nature that you want.

Since I need a Relaxed Beldum, I need to find a Relaxed Ditto that's so hard to find. Luckily, I have a Relaxed Alakazam with Synchronize ability.

So I immediately went to FS and hunt a Ditto hoping to have a relaxed Ditto through Alakazam.

There is a 50% chance of a Pokemon you encounter having the same nature as the Synchronizer when it is the lead Pokemon. It may be you've just been unlucky and hadn't encoutered one of the nature you needed until the 16th encounter.

Re: SYNCHRONIZE: DOES IT REALLY WORK?

There is a 50% chance of a Pokemon you encounter having the same nature as the Synchronizer when it is the lead Pokemon. It may be you've just been unlucky and hadn't encoutered one of the nature you needed until the 16th encounter.

Oh, I must be the most unfortunate person to use the Synchronizer. Just kidding. Thanks!

Hey guys, I got a question about the Heracronite and Pinsirite event going on right now. Is the serial code a single-use, unique code or is it the same for everyone? I'm really hoping it's not a unique code because I HATE GameStop more than you could possibly imagine and I really don't want to drive to the next town over just to go into a store I hate to get some stupid code.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom