• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions, Simple (Or Not) Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering. If you bred a breedable hacked pokemon, would the baby be considered hacked too?

I was wondering. If you bred a breedable hacked pokemon, would the baby be considered hacked too?

The baby will not be considered hacked unless the "hacked" pokemon has perfect IVs of any sort manipulated by a cheating device.

I'd only consider it not hacked if its stats were normal (non hacked ones) and moves are generally what the pokemon is supposed to learn via breeding or when it hatches. If I ever get hacked pokemon (no legendaries) and it can breed, I usually breed it and get rid of the hacked one.

A baby Zubat cannot have Brave Bird and Hypnosis at the same time, right?

Correct. According to the wiki, Zubat gets BB from being bred from a member of the Starly line, and Hypnosis from being bred from a member of the HootHoot line. Since neither the Starly line nor the Hoothoot line can learn both BB and Hypnosis, you've got yourself a hacked Zubat.

how do you supposed to get your friend code..i seem like the only one that is completly lost ^_^

First, connect to WiFi -- go downstairs in a Pokemon Center and talk to one of the women on the left, or if you're in Platinum, go into WiFi Plaza. THEN check your Pal Pad.

Hitmontop... Trying to get the correct stats corrrect for it are a pain in the !!!! Anyone have any tips?

It is still considered hacked. Hacking parents to aquire good IV's on the pokemon is hacking.

On OwlMania's question, could you breed a Zubat with Hypnosis or Brave Bird with, depending on what move you have, a Brave Bird Star-ly-avia-aptor or Hypnosis Hoothoot/Noctowl to get the move you need so that you end up with both moves on a Zubat?

On OwlMania's question, could you breed a Zubat with Hypnosis or Brave Bird with, depending on what move you have, a Brave Bird Star-ly-avia-aptor or Hypnosis Hoothoot/Noctowl to get the move you need so that you end up with both moves on a Zubat?

You have no way of doing that because both parents need to know the move. The only exception is when the pokemon is in the same egg group as Smeargle, which Zubat is not.

Wait, but if you breed a Zubat to have BB from the Stary line, then breed THAT one with a hoothoot... can't you get them both? o_O

Nope. Only males pass down egg moves and males don't breed with each other in the Pokémon games.

But what if you breed a male Starly wih female zubat, baby is a female with BB, iin which you breed with a male hoothoot... oh wait, it wouldn't pass down BB then, would it? GAH. Sucks.

But what if you breed a male Starly wih female zubat, baby is a female with BB, iin which you breed with a male hoothoot... oh wait, it wouldn't pass down BB then, would it? GAH. Sucks.

I believe you mean:
Breed Male Starly with Female Zubat to get a Male Zubat with Brave Bird.
Then breed the Male Zubat with a Female Hoothoot to get a Male Hoothoot with Brave Bird.
Then breed the Male Hoothoot with Brave Bird and Hypnosis with a Female Zubat to get a Zubat with Hypnosis and Brave Bird.

This wouldn't work because it is impossible for Hoothoot to learn Brave Bird.

Hey, just got my Charmander from a friend, level 1 and all. I want to plan ahead, so any suggestions for a good moveset?

EV suggestions would help too, but I don't care for nature/IV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom