• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions, Simple (Or Not) Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, just got my Charmander from a friend, level 1 and all. I want to plan ahead, so any suggestions for a good moveset?

EV suggestions would help too, but I don't care for nature/IV.

Nature would be helpful for a good moveset. If it's Modest or Timid, go for mostly Special moves (Flamethrower/Air Slash included). If it's Adamant or Jolly, go for a set like Substitute/Belly Drum/Fire Punch/Aerial Ace. And EV accordingly.

Nature would be helpful for a good moveset. If it's Modest or Timid, go for mostly Special moves (Flamethrower/Air Slash included). If it's Adamant or Jolly, go for a set like Substitute/Belly Drum/Fire Punch/Aerial Ace. And EV accordingly.

While I do understand you, I don't like messing around with breeding and all that stuff. Thank you for the help, though :)

So you say I should base my moveset on the ones present in Smogon?

So you say I should base my moveset on the ones present in Smogon?

This would be a very good move if you do not understand movesets very well.
If you do understand movesets, you should make your own.

Wait, but if you breed a Zubat to have BB from the Stary line, then breed THAT one with a hoothoot... can't you get them both? o_O

Breed Male Starly with Female Zubat to get a Male Zubat with Brave Bird.
Then breed the Male Zubat with a Female Hoothoot to get a Male Hoothoot with Brave Bird.
Then breed the Male Hoothoot with Brave Bird and Hypnosis with a Female Zubat to get a Zubat with Hypnosis and Brave Bird.

This wouldn't work because it is impossible for Hoothoot to learn Brave Bird.

Actually couldn't you jus breed the zubat with BB with a hoothoot with hypnosis and pass both moves down, it won't matter if hoothoot/noctowl cant learn BB right? Or is it only one of the parent pokemon that can pass down moves?

Actually couldn't you jus breed the zubat with BB with a hoothoot with hypnosis and pass both moves down, it won't matter if hoothoot/noctowl cant learn BB right? Or is it only one of the parent pokemon that can pass down moves?

Dude, read the previous posts and use some common sense. It can only learn both of those moves by breeding if the father knows both of them. No pokemon in Zubat's egg group is capable of learning BB and hypnosis, so it can't receive both of them through breeding. A get out of jail free card for this is Smeargle, but Smeargle is not in Zubat's egg group.

God I hate repeating myself.

Does Synchronize work on Pokemon like Mesprit and Cresselia?

Yes.

Outside of battle

From Emerald onwards, if the Pokémon with this ability is leading the party, Synchronize gives a 50% chance of encountering a wild Pokémon with the same nature. Strangely, although Synchronize does not have this effect on stationary legendaries in Emerald, it has worked on all Pokémon in every game released since.

Does Synchronize work on Pokemon like Mesprit and Cresselia?

Sorry, no. Their Natures, IVs and the like are set as soon as you encounter them (when you see their picture and they're recorded on the Pokedex.) The same holds true for Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres. It works for all the other legendaries though

Sorry, no. Their Natures, IVs and the like are set as soon as you encounter them (when you see their picture and they're recorded on the Pokedex.) The same holds true for Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres. It works for all the other legendaries though

Of coarse, if you could magically figure out their nature and get a synchronize pokemon with the same nature, I think it might work. Ya know, if you could figure it out.

I can't continue my game in Pearl after beating Crasher Wake. When I go to Hearthome to challenge Fantina, it says she's not there. So I check Bulbapedia what else I have to do before challenging her, and I read that I must meet Cynthia on Road 214 and bring some ailment to the Psyducks blocking way to Celestic. I've done whole 214 over and over, and Cynthia's not there. What am I doing wrong?

I can't continue my game in Pearl after beating Crasher Wake. When I go to Hearthome to challenge Fantina, it says she's not there. So I check Bulbapedia what else I have to do before challenging her, and I read that I must meet Cynthia on Road 214 and bring some ailment to the Psyducks blocking way to Celestic. I've done whole 214 over and over, and Cynthia's not there. What am I doing wrong?
You find Cynthia on Valor Lakefront, just by the Lake's entrance. Also, if thats not your problem, have you battled the Galactic Grunt at the Lakefront?

The Grunts at Lakefront, last time I checked, just were mumbling about Cyrus, and didn't even want to fight.

The Grunts at Lakefront, last time I checked, just were mumbling about Cyrus, and didn't even want to fight.

Did you talk to the Grunt lurking in front of the Marsh's entrance after getting Wake's badge?

He's supposed to run away and you're supposed to chase him (battling your Rival in the process.) When he's close to the lakefront he'll battle you. Then the Cynthia event should happen

Did you talk to the Grunt lurking in front of the Marsh's entrance after getting Wake's badge?

He's supposed to run away and you're supposed to chase him (battling your Rival in the process.) When he's close to the lakefront he'll battle you. Then the Cynthia event should happen

Oh, well, thank you. Didn't notice this one guy.

Is a Pokemon from an egg just as good as a Pokemon caught in the wild (Assuming the Pokemon from the egg is not bred for natures, moves, or IV's)?

Essentially, yes. The only difference in Pokemon from eggs is that some of their stats are passed down from parents rather than determined randomly. If the parents have terrible stats, then the stats of the offspring will probably be worse than a random selection from the wild. However, if the parents are good, then the opposite is true.

If you don't know the parents' IVs, then you have an equal chance of getting a good Pokemon from an egg.

How come, on my Pal Pad, some people's pictures are different than other people's?

Some are trainers, some are martial artists, and some look like motorcyclers.
Even more unusually, some just have a question mark.

How come, on my Pal Pad, some people's pictures are different than other people's?

Some are trainers, some are martial artists, and some look like motorcyclers.
Even more unusually, some just have a question mark.

...seriously...

Those are the characters they show up as in the Union Room or on Wifi. Those with question marks aren't registered yet so you don't know what they look like.

...seriously...

Those are the characters they show up as in the Union Room or on Wifi. Those with question marks aren't registered yet so you don't know what they look like.

Okay, what I meant is why is it like that. Is it just randomly chosen what sprite each person will receive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom