• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions, Simple (Or Not) Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Multiple Save Games is impossible on one cartrige, unless you are on a hack...

FR/LG was a pain to go through to the E4 because the level differences suck ass and it's hard to level up in that game, pre-E4 and post-E4. Gen 3 also suffered from that too I think. At least Pearl and Diamond has some higher level stuff you can fight to get exp faster for the higher levels. Still a chore.

could be a silly question, but the berries that increase happiness but lower a base stat. am i right in thinking that the reduction in "base stat" is only from evs already gained>?

Yes that is correct. It only lowers the EVs gained, if any. If there are no EVs, it doesn't lower the base level stats that have already been gained. It is possible to go lower in a stat if you take away the EVs. There is a Health Glitch in the game. I don't remember if the loss is instantanious or when you heal/box.

Thanks. Another one: What is the purpose of items that give a malus (penalty), like Iron Ball? It lowers speed and makes you vulnerable to ground-type attacks. Is there some kind of move application for this?

Trick, fling, switcharoo... Moves of those sort. Trick and Switcharoo will swap items, giving the opponent a bad item and you most likely a good item. Fling will fling the item and I believe that the Iron Ball will hit harder than other things like berries.

I'm probably not going to like what I hear, but:

Will the roaming birds in Platinum flee if you battle them?

So I know it's not really about the games, but I don't know where else it should go - I haven't really seen Q&A threads in other parts of the site. My question is about those trainer cards people have from Pokecharms.com. I can't figure out how to get one into my signature. I get as far as having the card made, but it won't let me view only the card - ergo, I can't put the image tag in my sig. Help?

So I know it's not really about the games, but I don't know where else it should go - I haven't really seen Q&A threads in other parts of the site. My question is about those trainer cards people have from Pokecharms.com. I can't figure out how to get one into my signature. I get as far as having the card made, but it won't let me view only the card - ergo, I can't put the image tag in my sig. Help?

Once you've made your card, right-click and save the picture to your hard drive somewhere.

1. Go into your profile here on bulbagarden
2. Make a picture album (options are on the right of the profile)
3. Upload your trainer card to your album
4. Once it's uploaded there are 2 links below the picture that you can insert into bulletin board signatures

If your EV training like a really low level pokemon, can you give the power item (in my case lens) to a higher level lead and give an exp share to the pokemon your EV training, does the pokemon with exp share still get the EVs?

The power item will only apply to the pokemon that holds the item. The exp share will give them experience and the BASE evs from the battle.

Where can I find the guy who renames your pokemon? I ran into him before but I can't find him now.

The Name Rater is in the large apartment building in Eterna City, first floor: an old man sprite, to be exact.

EDIT: Beaten x_x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom