• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

So what are you going to name/have you named Silver?

Re: So what are you going to name Silver?

HeartGold:
Lyra: Yoko
Silver: Takichi
(After the CDR song Yokotakichi)
SoulSilver:
Silver: Either Hatagi or Lato.
Ethan: Whichever name I don't pick for Ethan.
(After the Dokaka tune "Ha Ta Gi La To" (check here).

Yeah, Link is my name in every game I've played since I began playing again.
But you reminded me that I'm also tasked with naming my rival, rasing many questions as to what his name should be.

Yeah, I always use Link or the character's actual name (Red for example) if I play as the guy, or Zelda if I play as the female.

Ever since Red, I've named the main character "Andrew", after myself. For the rival, I just usually choose some Random name that was on my mind at the time.

I'll probably call him Davis, though, after the "leader" character of the second season of Digimon (Pokemon's rival franchise).

I may name him.. Silver (Lame I know)
but apart from that I may name him.... Playboy :p
or how about Voldemort!!!!!
Yeah thats nice.. ^

Cant decide between Paul and Shinji.It will be like following the tradition of calling Red and Green/Blue Ash/Satoshi and Gary/Shigeru.

I have so many names at the back of my mind.. could be one of these though:
じゅにんち,Aaron,Tyson,Kenny,Dude,精神的(な) <wtf is with the [fffd] Fine it's seishinteki(na)
(mental)

(ギン needs this> きゆうじよ)

I don't like being creative. So I'm going to name him Silver! Thats right, Silver! Nothing special, his most well-known name. Maybe if I buy another one of the set I'll name him Shinji/Paul.

I think I'll call him Brett after my rival and worst enemy in real life.

im going to call him, "LG DARE" cuz it sucks...

Silver, most likely. XD So original.

Or just calling him ???

I don't have the slightest clue, but I'm extremely picky about the name. If I pick a name for the Rival character and don't like it later on, I'll start a new game. Although it doesn't really matter, I'm just weird about it.

Chris, after an old poké buddy and best friend :)

I don't have the slightest clue, but I'm extremely picky about the name. If I pick a name for the Rival character and don't like it later on, I'll start a new game. Although it doesn't really matter, I'm just weird about it.

lol, me too! I spend like 10 minutes trying to nickname my pokémon :p

Probably Brandon, after my brother.

When my brother and I first started playing pokemon, we would always name our rivals after each other. Eventually my brother stopped playing and I dropped the habit of naming my rivals after him, especially after the friendly rival thing became popular.

But in HeartGold I'm going back to Brandon, because the original Gold and Silver (me on gold, him on silver) were the last pokemon games we played together. PERSONAL NOSTALGIAAAAAA

I'm going to name Silver Jeremy in HeartGold, after my brother

"???" for the nostalgia. That's what I've always named him back in the original games. xD

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom