• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Special preview for 2022

Falls to knees sobbing...it's been almost 14 years but they're finally back...Butch and Cassidy my beloveds :love: Journeys is good now actually

(I am excited for Marnie and Piers too!! But my 15/16-year-old self was unhealthily obsessed with Butch and Cassidy and seeing them return for the first time since 2008 is pretty much all I can think about at the moment lol)

Falls to knees sobbing...it's been almost 14 years but they're finally back...Butch and Cassidy my beloveds :love: Journeys is good now actually

(I am excited for Marnie and Piers too!! But my 15/16-year-old self was unhealthily obsessed with Butch and Cassidy and seeing them return for the first time since 2008 is pretty much all I can think about at the moment lol)
Butch/Cassidy also returned before May did, now May really is the only older character not seen since the DP days in 14 years.

How do you come to that conclusion? Do you honestly believe Koharu won't get any more focus after she sees every Eeeve form? Also wouldn't bet on Journies ending soon either, we have no idea when it will end.
I dunno, probably because a good chunk of Chloe's focus episodes are tied to an Eeveelution? I fail to see how this conclusion doesn't make sense. Also, we haven't had 4+ year season in a decade, so I don't know why people are so adamant that Journeys is gonna be longer than the three previous ones.

I dunno, probably because a good chunk of Chloe's focus episodes are tied to an Eeveelution? I fail to see how this conclusion doesn't make sense. Also, we haven't had 4+ year season in a decade, so I don't know why people are so adamant that Journeys is gonna be longer than the three previous ones.
There's no indication we're getting Gen 9 next year, and even if it happens, there's no reason the current series has to be reformatted when the current one covers Galar, the DP remakes, soon Arceus and any regions the same way. There's no series named "Journey's" in Japan, it's named "Pocket Monsters" like the original series was. That alone implies the writers could stick with this format a long time if they want to. They can even do multiple versions of the PWC if they want to continue using it as well.

Oh ^beep^ is IS Christmas!

-I never thought we'd see THOSE 2 again. Let's just hope it doesn't suck as much as their other post-OS appearances...
-...is that...Erica with that Leafeon? Or a Kimino Girl? :unsure:
-Oh hey, Chloe in a Contest! (it better be a Contest and not a Showcase :mad: )
-Suddenly I'm more interested in the Pinsir-Heracross episode...
-But the Red-Magenemite episode still doesn't interest me :p
-HI HONEY! I just hope things go better for you than poor Hau <_<

Unless I am missing somebody, Cassidy and Butch will be the first anime-original characters to return. Nice to see the series acknowledging the anime original characters, too. Maybe Ritchie could have a chance to return some day, too.

Paul and Tracey got acknowledged in the Infernape episode.

JN76 gave us Anna (That TV hostess from SM), so she is actually the first if Paul and Tracey don't count due to only being in a flashback and a thought balloon.

If Chloe goes into a Showcase then maybe we'll get to see some of the old Showcase girls from XY like Sara Lee and Concetta, maybe even get names for some of the girls who didn't previously have one. Also nice to see Erika in her game outfit.

There's more hype in here than not hype, but the prospect of another Slowking helmet episode after the last one sucked so hard really does not enthrall me.

Interesting they didn't promote the Arceus special eps despite them airing in January. Maybe it's some rights issue they can't promote them since Amazon has exclusive rights to distribute them?

I nearly forgot that Dawn will be coming back yet again soon.

So seeing that there's a Rillaboom behind Piers

20211224_144449.jpg

What does this mean for Grookey?

Last Christmas we got a similar PV showing Sobble being inspired by Inteleon

This year shows a Rillaboom... (Tho it's obscured by Piers and we don't see Grookey's reaction to it)

How do you guys think Grookey will evolve?

There's no indication we're getting Gen 9 next year, and even if it happens, there's no reason the current series has to be reformatted when the current one covers Galar, the DP remakes, soon Arceus and any regions the same way. There's no series named "Journey's" in Japan, it's named "Pocket Monsters" like the original series was. That alone implies the writers could stick with this format a long time if they want to. They can even do multiple versions of the PWC if they want to continue using it as well.
Considering how minimal attention Galar has gotten, I really hope that they don't just treat any other future generation in the same vein. While I do generally like Journeys, I would much rather see them having the next series set in the new region instead and actually trave through it as opposed to keeping this world tour gimmick. People have said before that they can just keep this formula going on even past this generation, but I really don't think that this format benefits any of the older regions either. Plenty of times the regions just come off as bland backgrounds, especially when they don't tend to spend a lot of time outside of Kanto and they have to go back to their homebase afterwards. Considering how fast Ash is going through the PWC, I really can't see them doing multiple versions of it either. I'd rather see Ash challenging new characters with new Pokemon as opposed to one shots or characters from other generations that already have their time in the spotlight.

I still think people are reading way too much into the Pocket Monster name too. It's not impossible for them to keep Journeys going on through another generation, but I don't really see much of the benefit of that with the characters or if that formula would become as stale to fans too. Not to mention it would make the fast pace of the series and other decisions look more questionable. Why bother rushing through evolutions if they supposedly have limitless time on their hands with this series? I can't say that Journeys is guaranteed to end with this year, but I'm leading more towards that possibility than the idea that they'll just keep it going through another generation.

Interesting they didn't promote the Arceus special eps despite them airing in January. Maybe it's some rights issue they can't promote them since Amazon has exclusive rights to distribute them?

I nearly forgot that Dawn will be coming back yet again soon.

Or its proof the Amazon eps aren't canon to the main anime.

• That Galarian Slowking filler already looks like a waste of time. Recycling plots is already bad, and they chose that one? In place of proper DLC representation? At least it's the only negative thing to say.
  • CASSIDY AND BETCH! FINALLY! When we all thought they were forgotten forever here they are. Their episode being centered around their relationships with the trio is a big plus, and Meowzie could be a good foil to Meowth. Even if her story was kinda finished it's always good to see TR's past being acknowledged, maybe it will open some other doors...
  • Erika is quite unexpected, since her personality is different from the games and her role in her episode could be seen as controversial nowadays. But she's welcomed and I always preferred her FRLG attire over HGSS'.
  • So either contests were made more showcase-like or Chloe is doing a showcase. Both options are fine to me, through I hope she receives some mentoring from Dawn or Serena respectively.
  • Piers was an obvious option since he's popular and PWC material, I hope he gets decent focus and Marnie too since she has a great story I'd like to see explored.

I wonder if Erika is actually hosting a contest in Celadon. I mean, considering she has a Leafeon, her appearance most likely won't have anything to do with the PWC or Project Mew and considering Erika is a Kimono Girl, she actually might be into contests. Although, looking at the preview, the Leafeon might actually not be hers, since it seems Flareon and Jolteon also will be involved in that episode (Which might mean it actually is a contest episode, maybe its a contest for Eevees and Eeveelutions only)

So the Heracross i most likely falling in love with that Lilligant (Might be because its male, since Pikachu is also affected, while Pinsir is not and as such, it also for now semi-confirms Grookey as a male), which makes Pinsir angry. Whats interesting though, is that you can clearly see thats a dome episode, which makes me wonder who that Lilligant belongs too.

CASSIDIY AND BATCH. Nice. And Meowzie is a bonus.

MARNIE AND PIERS. Took you long enough. The sad thing is, is that they also don't seem PWC opponents.

And then we have a stupid slowking filler.

Episode 93: Covered in the trailer
Epiosde 94: Covered in the trailer
Episode 95: Covered in the trailer

So i guess the Erika, Piers and Marnie and Slowking episodes are after that. Episode 96 might be Erika (Since it seems episodes 93, 94 and 95 are Kanto ones, 96 might also be one), after which Galar will get 2 episodes (Piers and Marnie and Slowking), but possibly more if they don't want to spoiler Gengars opponent (Which can't be Piers, unless the anime bends the rules that you can Gigamax in Spikemuth)

Last edited:
There's no indication we're getting Gen 9 next year

Where's the indication we're not?

, and even if it happens, there's no reason the current series has to be reformatted when the current one covers Galar, the DP remakes, soon Arceus and any regions the same way.

Galar has been treated like absolute GARBAGE. Characters take forever to appear. Pokemon are reduced to mere cameos. Locations are barely explored. Gimmicks treated like afterthoughts.

I never want to see another region suffer that abysmal treatment it got.

There's no series named "Journey's" in Japan, it's named "Pocket Monsters" like the original series was. That alone implies the writers could stick with this format a long time if they want to.

You know what I think? I think people are too used to the status quo, so any deviation from the norm is interpreted as a sign that the show will radically change from then on.

It's like when people claimed Ash would be replaced if he won a League. SM is over, yet he's still here.

They can even do multiple versions of the PWC if they want to continue using it as well.

That...that sounds awful.

Why would anyone want that?

Last edited:
Galar has been treated like absolute GARBAGE. Characters take forever to appear. Pokemon are reduced to mere cameos. Locations are barely explored. Gimmicks treated like afterthoughts.

I never want to see another region suffer that abysmal treatment it got.

To be fair, the gimmick of Galar like Dynamax would likely be an afterthough even in a Galar centric season. It's pretty clear writers don't like that gimmick, because it's too complicated to animate.

There are characters who also take forever to appear in previous seasons. I mean the last Gym leaders often appear near the end of the season.

I wonder if Erika is actually hosting a contest in Celadon. I mean, considering she has a Leafeon, her appearance most likely won't have anything to do with the PWC or Project Mew and considering Erika is a Kimono Girl, she actually might be into contests. Although, looking at the preview, the Leafeon might actually not be hers, since it seems Flareon and Jolteon also will be involved in that episode (Which might mean it actually is a contest episode, maybe its a contest for Eevees and Eeveelutions only)
I have a feeling the Flareon and Jolteon will either appear in a separate episode from Leafeon, or be just unrelated to Leafeon in another way. Either way, I think it's very likely Leafeon is Erika's Pokémon.
which makes me wonder who that Lilligant belongs too.
My theory is it could be a new catch for Goh.

Good preview man, botch and cassidy were the last characters I’d expect to return. Also finally glad to see Marnie and Piers. Hopefully we’ll get to see Grimmsnarl debut, it’s my favourite galar mon. Would like to Ash battle piers as well, PWC or not.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom