• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation: Pokémon Black 3 and White 3

A b/w3 set in a different new region would be interesting to me. Maybe from East coast, the story continues to the Midwest or West coast.

I've got this idea - how about a Gen6 game based in Hoenn that would wrap up the loose plot holes left in B2W2? Swell.

We could have the Hoenn region make a comeback for the 3DS - but not as remakes. I'm more leaning on to RSE sequels (which takes 5 to 10 years after the main plot including Gen6 pokemon) and you can access Unova post-game. Hoenn has all the ocean it has and surely some boats or airplanes can travel?

As for B3W3...no. While I do feel some things need more explaining, they can do it in the next games that aren't Black and White. B2W2 showed us everything they could and it's time they let it go.

I think it's fairly unlikely they're going to go for another sequel for this generation. I assume they're going to stick to the same model they've been using for the past pokemon games: New generation with two version> Third "improved" version > Remake. I think people are just going to get tired if they go for the same thing again.
Next to be make into a remake is Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, and I, personally, would much prefer to play a remake of those as opposed to yet another game set in the Unova region.

It'd be nice if it was on the 3DS too. It wouldn't be so hard - they already have a bunch of 3D models that were used for the Pokedex 3D Pro. I'd say the next step would be a remake done on the 3DS.

Of course I could be wrong...

I think it's fairly unlikely they're going to go for another sequel for this generation. I assume they're going to stick to the same model they've been using for the past pokemon games: New generation with two version> Third "improved" version > Remake. I think people are just going to get tired if they go for the same thing again.
Next to be make into a remake is Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, and I, personally, would much prefer to play a remake of those as opposed to yet another game set in the Unova region.

It'd be nice if it was on the 3DS too. It wouldn't be so hard - they already have a bunch of 3D models that were used for the Pokedex 3D Pro. I'd say the next step would be a remake done on the 3DS.

Of course I could be wrong...

I agree with them being done with this generation. I think they've already done everything they can with White/Black 2, because it wraps up the storyline(s) of White/Black. If they continued with this generation, I think it'd still sell but it wouldn't be as popular. Too much of a good thing, you know? I think they've done all they can for the Unova region.

I am quite interested in seeing if they do decide to remake some of the older games. They have a lot of potential to be really well done, given the new improvements in game developments and whatnot. Also, I think it'd be largely well received by the hardcore nostalgia fans because it'd still be following the same plot, it's just the graphics will be better. More aesthetically pleasing for newcomers, and keeps the "older" Pokemon for the older fans.

I'm looking forward to seeing a remake of Pokemon Emerald, because the number of times I played that on your DS, good grief.

I agree with them being done with this generation. I think they've already done everything they can with White/Black 2, because it wraps up the storyline(s) of White/Black. If they continued with this generation, I think it'd still sell but it wouldn't be as popular. Too much of a good thing, you know? I think they've done all they can for the Unova region.

I am quite interested in seeing if they do decide to remake some of the older games. They have a lot of potential to be really well done, given the new improvements in game developments and whatnot. Also, I think it'd be largely well received by the hardcore nostalgia fans because it'd still be following the same plot, it's just the graphics will be better. More aesthetically pleasing for newcomers, and keeps the "older" Pokemon for the older fans.

I'm looking forward to seeing a remake of Pokemon Emerald, because the number of times I played that on your DS, good grief.

Indeed, sir. Indeed.

It does make you wonder exactly where the future of this franchise is heading. Pokemon sells for sure, and I am certain that even if they did release a BW3, people would still buy it. You'd still buy it or, at least, play it. People are always going to grasp at the chance to experience something new from these games, but there's so little that they can change without effecting the essence of a game like this.

What I'd like to see is a big compilation game - all the regions, all the pokemon, and one big interlocking story. It'd be a nice end, I think, if it ever came to that.

Last edited:
I would love to see a RSE remake. I just restarted playing Pokemon so I missed that whole generation. I do still have my GBA, but after playing the newer generations I imagine it's going to be hard to play such an outdated (for lack of a better word) game. I thought they did really really well with HGSS as remakes, so I think RSE could be equally great.

I also wouldn't mind RBY for the DS, but I thing RSE should be done first (and LGFR aren't really that old I guess).

Basically, I just want all regions on the DS and with the updated graphics/gameplay.

What I'd like to see is a big compilation game - all the regions, all the pokemon, and one big interlocking story. It'd be a nice end, I think, if it ever came to that.

You know, I wanted that for awhile too. Then someone pointed out that it couldn't really be done since Pokemon cap at level 100, and everyone's Pokemon would be maxed out by like the 3rd region, making progression pointless. I don't know though. Maybe there's a way around that.

What I do want, though, is to see Pokemon break free from the limitations of a handheld RPG. I've always thought Pokemon would make an awesome adventure game while still maintaining some RPG elements. Instead of walking through grass and waiting for your screen to start flashing, the player could actually explore a forest and really search for and pursue Pokemon. Pokemon would still level up via battles, but instead of limiting them to 4 attacks the player could take control of the Pokemon and battle with a range of attacks. I guess what it boils down to is that I was always a little jealous of the anime. Those characters were/are far less restricted. They can be creative in battles, and catching Pokemon involves more than probabilities. I know video games need rules, but I think Pokemon has the potential to be a lot more open.

If any of that makes sense...

Last edited by a moderator:

Indeed, sir. Indeed.

It does make you wonder exactly where the future of this franchise is heading. Pokemon sells for sure, and I am certain that even if they did release a BW3, people would still buy it. You'd still buy it or, at least, play it. People are always going to grasp at the chance to experience something new from these games, but there's so little that they can change without effecting the essence of a game like this.

I think the anime can keep going on for ages and so can the games, because there isn't really any need (yet) to draw it to a close.
This is both a good and bad thing because the essence of the games stems from the same overall 'catch a heap of Pokemon you guys, and also Team [Bad Guys] are being jerks go get them, also here's a legendary'. But they've still got a while before they reach the point where they've run out of ideas, fortunately.

A big compilation would be brilliant, but it'd be difficult to make, wouldn't it? It'd require a lot more work than any of the other games, but I think it'd be a really fitting end to the franchise. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a lot more expensive. I'd like to see cameos of all the previous characters rocking up, although they kind of did that in White/Black 2 with the PWT(sp?).

Last edited:
You know, I wanted that for awhile too. Then someone pointed out that it couldn't really be done since Pokemon cap at level 100, and everyone's Pokemon would be maxed out by like the 3rd region, making progression pointless. I don't know though. Maybe there's a way around that.

I had a thought about that a while ago. What I had thought was perhaps that there would be a restriction based on Gym Badges, much like with pokemon obtained through trading not obeying you after a certain level. First region, you go about your business; Second region, however, you would receive a new starter, and then have your other pokemon locked until the first gym, where you'd be allowed to transfer pokemon over from the last region that are under level 20/30/50/70, etc.

But a pokemon open-world adventure RPG? I would die the happiest virgin in existence.

I had a thought about that a while ago. What I had thought was perhaps that there would be a restriction based on Gym Badges, much like with pokemon obtained through trading not obeying you after a certain level. First region, you go about your business; Second region, however, you would receive a new starter, and then have your other pokemon locked until the first gym, where you'd be allowed to transfer pokemon over from the last region that are under level 20/30/50/70, etc.

But a pokemon open-world adventure RPG? I would die the happiest virgin in existence.

How about this - every new region, you would be given a chance to return your pokemon back to level 5, but with special moves and better stat growths. I also like the pokemon transfering idea.

Anyways, I'd prefer the Hoenn region in 3DS rather than B3W3

i just wished they make a pokemon grey already xD of course, for 3DS with better sprites!

screw pokemon black and white 3. RUBY AND SAPPHIRE REMAKES FTW!!!

I agree and disagree. You see, I like the idea of the next generation, and I also like the R/S remake idea as well, probably even more so. However, they must continue the series somehow.

The only thing I find wrong about this whole black and white 3 thing is the name. If they don't come up with some other more creative name, I will flip tables. It seems like some sort of cop out. Like no one could come up with a better name.

"Hey, we need to come up with a new name for a new generation."
*Silence*
"How about we just make black and white three?"
"I guess that will do fine."

The overall concept is cool. It's just that if the title stays as it is... I won't be happy.

I'll say this again, I'll even put it in my signature so people can understand, that they aren't going to open up the main series on the 3DS with a sequel/remake.
They aren't going to release any more DS games, either. Enough is enough.

If that's the case, then it'll be Generation VI.

It was announced on Bulbapedia that it is confirmed that Generation V is over.

I dont see any confirmation on Bulbapedia that Gen 5 is over,I believe you are referring to this thread:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f323/game-freak-promise-expand-pokémon-world-next-year-144052/. That isn't cornirmation of any sort that gen 5 is over but it hints that Gen 6 is on it's way soon. The quote never actually said " Generation 5 is over, it was just implied that a new generation was in the works and may be released next year. Generation 5 will be over when the Gen 6 primary pair gets released, until then, we are still in Gen V

Last edited:
B3/W3? As in, moar Unova...?

e39.png

Seriously, just no.

I think there's no point in this thread if pretty much everyone's going to be like "no" collectively.

Seeing as gen v isn't over yet then anything is possible. Personally I would like to see some more spin-off games for this gen before we move onto gen vi. I wouldn't be against a BW3 though I imagine it would be one game, probably with the OD on it.

Personally I think I'd actually prefer to see a continuation of the Diamond/Pearl/Platinum games instead of another continuation of the Black/White games. But considering they're about due for another region/generation entirely now, I think they should tie up any loose plot ends in B2/W2 (I've not yet finished the game, I've only just recently beat the 8th gym leader) with a continuation of Cyrus and Team Galactic's story in a whole new region? This could give them an opportunity to expand on a lot.

Personally I was just really disappointed in a few parts of B/W and D/P/P. I wish the Distortion World had been more expansive, I wish you'd been able to explore the Sinnoh Region in B/W- I actually wish they'd create a game not set in a single region, but rather, after defeating the Elite Four you have the option to explore the entire world of Pokemon. You'd think you'd be able to do at least that.

Long story short, I think if they're going to tie up any lose ends for Black and White that weren't covered in B2/W2, they need to tie up some more loose ends elsewhere in a massive, more expansive game. Maybe for a monumental anniversary, they should release a new generation that deals with a whole new gang of villains headed by a combination of the criminals we've faced in the past?

Back
Top Bottom