• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SPOILERS FOR OR/AS. WHAT WOULD BE THE EFFECT ON YOU?

Project Pokémon is literally just a group of men who all have no girlfriends, half of them still live with their parents, and they decided to spend their time decoding a children's video game. When you get right down to it, you have to feel bad for that group.

No offense, but this doesn't mean all that much considering you're spending your time posting on a forum dedicated to said video game.

Pot, kettle, and all that.
Once again, did you not read my last post? These are not insults or jokes, these are actual facts of the crew at Project Pokémon. Stop jumping to conclusions, God.

Project Pokémon is literally just a group of men who all have no girlfriends, half of them still live with their parents, and they decided to spend their time decoding a children's video game. When you get right down to it, you have to feel bad for that group.

No offense, but this doesn't mean all that much considering you're spending your time posting on a forum dedicated to said video game.

Once again, did you not read my last post? These are not insults or jokes, these are actual facts of the crew at Project Pokémon. Stop jumping to conclusions, God.

How are they actual facts? Where are you getting all this personal information about them? And even if they are actual facts, WHY does it even matter?

How are they actual facts? Where are you getting all this personal information about them? And even if they are actual facts, WHY does it even matter?
1. Because they are actual facts.

2. IRC

3. If Project Pokémon can leak information about ORAS, surely I can leak what I assume is already public knowledge.

3. If Project Pokémon can leak information about ORAS, surely I can leak what I assume is already public knowledge.

Do you not understand that no one cares (well except you clearly) about whether they have a partner or still live at home, it has absolutely nothing to do with any of us and no relevance to this demo business.

Do you not understand that no one cares (well except you clearly) about whether they have a partner or still live at home, it has absolutely nothing to do with any of us and no relevance to this demo business.
Well the original post entailed a bit into Project Pokémon, so me revealing a bit of the group isn't off-topic. And even if you don't think it's important, some other readers might find it interesting, so you really shouldn't say things like "no one cares" when you wouldn't know that for a fact.

2. IRC

Very vague. If you're going to claim something as 100% fact, please give better information.

2. IRC

Very vague. If you're going to claim something as 100% fact, please give better information.
Better information? I collected it from the IRC.

2. IRC

Post it, then. Show us this collection of information.

2. IRC

I JUST did.

Well the original post entailed a bit into Project Pokémon, so me revealing a bit of the group isn't off-topic. And even if you don't think it's important, some other readers might find it interesting, so you really shouldn't say things like "no one cares" when you wouldn't know that for a fact.

Except you weren't posting it because you thought others would find it interesting and you know it. You were being judgmental and trying to put them down. Those sort of comments about their real life have no relevance to the information they found in the demo.

2. IRC

I JUST did.

There's only 4 pages, and your first post appears to be from yesterday. I don't see where you posted your collected information about this group of individuals.

Anyway, like what Yadon said, it's irrelevant to the topic. I just wanted to see this information and how you got it.

Alright, this is going extremely off-topic. It doesn't matter what you think, because what I said was relevant to the original post. I'm not discussing it in this thread anymore. If you ant to talk more about it, it has to be through PM because I'm not getting in trouble for spam and arguing.

because what I said was relevant to the original post.

Nope. No idea why you think making nasty comments about the hackers personal lives pertains at all to a thread discussing about how spoilers about the game affect people.

Alright, this is going extremely off-topic. It doesn't matter what you think, because what I said was relevant to the original post. I'm not discussing it in this thread anymore. If you ant to talk more about it, it has to be through PM because I'm not getting in trouble for spam and arguing.

Yep, very relevant.

I don't like major spoilers, but I don't care one way or the other if people try to publicize them online because I can avoid them easily.

I'm fine with spoilers, to be honest. It helps me plan out my team and often gets me hyped up for the game's release. Case in point:

I was sitting on the fence when it came to Pokemon Black and White. I wasn't sure if I'd get the games or sit that Gen out. Then the sprites for all the Pokemon were released and I got to see the entirety of the Unova Dex; that became the game changer for me. (One look at Golurk and I knew I had to have that game. It's been the same with OR and some of the new Megas as well.)

because what I said was relevant to the original post.

Nope. No idea why you think making nasty comments about the hackers personal lives pertains at all to a thread discussing about how spoilers about the game affect people.
Project Pokémon was mentioned in the main post, so it is relevant. This isn't your thread, so it's not your place to say what's relevant or not. But what's not relevant is arguing, which goes against the rules. So last warning, continue arguing with me and I'll report this entire conversation. We can discuss it in PM, but not here.

Yep, very relevant.
What's irrelevant is this argument. So last warning, stop arguing with me or I'll report this entire conversation. We can discuss it in PM, but not here.

Spoil me please! I want to know what I'm getting myself into!
Planning a team in advance is how I've been rolling since SoulSilver.

@Meowstic;
If you're simply stating that Pokemon's target audience is children, then why are you saying that the Project Pokemon Group should be pitied? Yes, maybe what you said that they are single male adults is true, but that doesn't mean you aren't using it as an insult. Read your own words. You are saying the group should be pitied because they are single male adults. What should I be pitying them for?

Being single is not a state to be pitied--it is pitiable that an individual should think that a person should be pitied because they are single. It shows the horrible mental state in which a person cannot fully see themselves or others as living full happy lives unless in a relationship. I'm not saying those in a relationship are pitiable, but thinking you can't be complete without another person is.

Being an adult playing a game, that despite being targeted at children, has universal appeal is not pitiable. Should we pity people for playing Mario and Zelda?

They have a skill that many of us don't. They've decrypted a 3DS game--a thing many people believed to be impossible simply because they were interested in it. Maybe you think its a waste of time for single male adults to be doing this, but they've demonstrated highly valuable computer skills that is going to be sought after in today's job market so if and when they decide to shift their interest into making themselves money, I'm certain they won't have trouble doing so. Furthermore, they've used these skills to contribute more to the fandom then any of us put together so I don't find them pitiable.

If you don't want people responding to your comment, then don't make it. Or better yet, explain why, if the point of your post is to point out the target audience, you felt the need to call them pitiable for being single male adults playing a kids game. I am not saying that anything you said is a lie, but know this--you don't need to state lies to insult people. Can you imagine telling someone to pity others because of their race or sexual orientation? Saying something to the extent of "When you get right down to it, you have to feel bad for that group because they're Black/Gay" is an insult, so don't pretend like your comment was innocent just because there was no lie. You want people to look down on them because of who they are and people like @Yadon and I are not having any of this bullshit.

This isn't your thread either. You say mentioning these facts in an insulting manner is "relevant" because Project Pokemon was mentioned, yet claim none of the subsequent comments to your posts are. You're telling people to they cannot dictate your posts because it isn't their thread yet you try to dictate what others post in that very same line. And you're trying to protect your nasty comments behind rules because "people shouldn't argue". If you're going to insult people, people are going to call you out especially when those you are insulting cannot do so themselves.

Last edited:
The leaks are excellent. Its obvious that the data is only for a non-final build, as not a whole lot got out. We didn't get all the megas, just the ones we know. E4 rematches is reassuring, especially cause of their megas. It also gave us a good measurement of the difficulty, which apparentlty exists more toward the end. But most importantly, we now know of the Battle Resort. I can't believe everyone is moody cause its not the frontier, when its clear that its likely something even better.

Back
Top Bottom