• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN009: The Promise We Made that Day! The Houou Legend of the Johto Region!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Tomioka, we've got staff list for 12 of them and there's no mention of the guy anywhere. Did he get fired?
He was on the list of writers in one of the trailers for this series but I'm presuming he might be less prominent here than he was with past Pokemon series.

I sort of assume based off that last sentence of the summary that the real Ho-oh IS appearing eventually, and Ash will get that rainbow wing based off the art.
I found the last sentence a rhetorical question usually at the end of summaries- like "Will Ash become a Pokemon Master?" "Will Ash win against x?" Pretty generic.

We should've known...

To add insult to injury, it sounds like no Johto characters either:cry:

Speaking of Tomioka, we've got the staff list for 12 of them and there's no mention of the guy anywhere. Did he get fired?

Tomioka is one of the busiest writers in the Anime Industry. He writes as head writer for several popular anime and doesn't have time for a show that's going in a direction like this. Putting that aside, he may be busy with his other work, he also had a 10-15 episode gap in SM as well (SM125-SM141). He also didn't write any League Battles for BW and XY even though he was head writer.

However, it's actually just a fake Houhou created by a boy named Kurio.
DBC5B09C-9E47-40A9-8A69-299F6B65046A.jpeg

I sort of assume based off that last sentence of the summary that the real Ho-oh IS appearing eventually, and Ash will get that rainbow wing based off the art.

Yeah but it'll probably be just a cameo appearance which is why so many people are salty.

See this is why I don't like hyping up episodes. It seems like the hype always falls short especially in the newer sagas. Sigh, I should be used to this by now.

It was a (failed) attempt yeah

Anyways I wouldn’t count out the real Houou appearing but my guess is it’ll appear at the very end, most likely briefly.

Man, they really don’t like visiting game locations this series huh?
Something they should've done from the beginning instead of making almost all routes just green forests and grass and making all cities look almost the same.
Man places like Laverre City were such wasted opportunities.

I don't normally accuse the writers of trolling but they're trying very hard to do that here with this fake Ho-oh nonsense.

As long as the Rainbow Wing is real, I don't mind this too much. I never thought that this was the grand culmination of Ash and Ho-Oh's connection (that would have been awful); what it should do is set up a continued plot for whenever Ash is in Johto.

If Jie knows more about Ho-Oh than Morty did (as the Wise Trio did in Crystal), then I can learn to like him. I have my doubts about his grandson, but it seems that he has a cool Stantler and/or Misdreavus at least. But honestly, Eusine mentioned his grandfather being into lore in HGSS, so there is little excuse for not using Eusine for the role.

Last edited:
Kurio tells them he wants to show his grandfather Jie Houou, no matter what.
Ah, so that's what "the promise we made that day" mentioned in the title refers to. Of course it wouldn't be related to Ash.

I had high hopes for this episode but with the summary suggesting a fake Ho-Oh appearing, its put a damper on my hopes suggesting if the real one does appear, it will be just a cameo

Stantler can create convincing illusions and we know that it's going to appear. Misdreavus might help.

Now, to anyone who thinks that this episode suddenly has nothing to do with Ash, let us recall:

Rainbow.jpg

It was pretty obvious from the get-go that Ash would only get a glimpse of Ho-Oh or the Rainbow Wing wouldn't even be needed... for later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom