• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Stories that you gave up on...

There was one... It really hurt abandon that one. It was about the game champions (Green, Lance, Cynthia, etc) or rather, ex-champions, and how their lives went downhill after they lost their titles against some random kids with overpowered legendary Pokémon. They wanted to take revenge, but Alder convinced them to move on and put their talents to a noble cause like training the new generation and rebuild their own lives. There was some big mistery surrounding the legendary Pokémon and why they would cooperate (or rather, manipulate) those kids, with Elesa and Morti being the pov characters. But I wasn't good enough to handle all the plots and themes I wanted at the time.

Yeah basically 99% of everything I've ever written, barring one-shots and like, maybe two longer stories, has never been finished. I almost always run out of steam whenever I try to write anything longer than a one-shot and even though I want nothing more than to reach the end, it almost never happens.

Almost everything I’ve written outside of like 3 things some interesting ones were:
  • Swap joining Nightmare and it was about his self worth being tied to his usefulness
  • Blueberror dying at the start with the rest of the story being about how the world just continues with his friends slowly forgetting him

Ive not so much given them up, but I have currently benched them until I'm closer to finishing Coltar.

- The Last Zones: A Zombiesk Pokémon Fiction
Most of this is planned out and I know the key points. I know the main characters, their goals etc. I know who survives and dies and the end game stakes etc. I know my three major Arcs, Zone 9, Zone 7 and Zone 5. Just writing it.
- Distorted Darkness: A Legends Arceus Fiction.
Little of this is planned but I have a basic set up.

Ive not so much given them up, but I have currently benched them until I'm closer to finishing Coltar.

- The Last Zones: A Zombiesk Pokémon Fiction
Most of this is planned out and I know the key points. I know the main characters, their goals etc. I know who survives and dies and the end game stakes etc. I know my three major Arcs, Zone 9, Zone 7 and Zone 5. Just writing it.
- Distorted Darkness: A Legends Arceus Fiction.
Little of this is planned but I have a basic set up.
Distorted Darkness is a very fitting title for a "Legends: Arceus" fanfic, considering what happens.

I really don't have any that were abandoned, my current fanfic just goes on very long breaks due to how I have some real-life stuff I need to deal with first.

But there is a one-shot I have been thinking of but might give up on it because once I'm done writing my fanfic, I plan to move on from writing, at least for the time being. The one-shot in question is a prologue to my fanfic and it's supposed to lead into it.

Long story short, the one-shot is a conversation between Kyurem and Arceus and how the latter will point to a way in which the former can be whole again. At the end of the one-shot, Arceus talks about the protagonist of my fanfic and how he is going to help Kyurem become whole again.

i have a number of stories i want to do that i just haven't written because i don't think i'm ready yet (looks straight at my PLA au), but one i honestly don't know if i'll be able to go back to is a legend of zelda idea i had shortly after the tears of the kingdom game came out--i wanted to write something where the three elemental dragons that fly around in the sky in breath of the wild + tears of the kingdom (naydra, farosh, and dinraal) are, in actuality, incarnations of zelda, link, and ganondorf that swallowed secret stones to try and end their endless cycle many thousands of years ago. honestly, i still deeply love the idea, but it would require a much deeper knowledge of the legend of zelda series that i don't have and don't know if i ever will, either. (and if i did have it, it would probably also end up banished to 'not ready' purgatory.) it was also extremely frustrating to try and work with their nonsense contradictory timeline and i get mad just thinking about it.

i had a story called Void City Robogirl Blues that i stopped because i really had no clue where i was going with the plot. i would like to reboot it some day with an actual clear direction in mind as opposed to aimless surrealism and horror

Was writing a very grim fic where Cynthia visits Cyrus in prison on the eve of his execution, but the computer I was writing it on no longer turns on. I kinda gave up hope of salvaging it. Which is probably for the best because it was super depressing even by MY standards and you know what that means.

Back
Top Bottom