• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Stupidest nickname you ever gave to a Pokemon

I caught a deerling yesterday and named it "headlights" if that doesn't count as a stupid nickname then I don't know what does

When I was 9 or so, I nicknamed my Rhyhorn in Fire Red "HORNEY"

because it... has a horn...

The first Pokemon game I got was Sapphire. My very first Pokemon (now Lvl 100 male Blaziken in Black 2), I had named him "DIUMERTUR" (it just sounded fun for a 6-year old boy who didn't know English, have common sense or ever played Pokemon before...)

As soon as I beat the League, I returned to Slateport and renamed it "Blaziken"

So one day I was hatching some Beldum, and figured I'd just get the one with the nature I want and put the rest on the GTS. I named one Kanye West, and the rest robotic-themed names. It was kind of a joke, since I figured if someone on the GTS took it they'd forever have to deal with a Metagross named Kanye West.

Kanye West ended up having the nature I wanted. I am obligated to train it to become the Kanye Westagross.

There was also that phase where I traded a bunch of Shelmet / Karrablast on the GTS to get people for my Join Avenue, and then named all of them Eric. Even the girls. Except for the Shelmet or five that I named Delicious. So if anyone has an Accelgor or Escavalier named Eric/Delicious, I'm so sorry.

Oh, and:
My story-mode team's Chandelure: Hanako
Slaking: Babusloth
Lucario: Fatty
Vespiquen: Beeatrice
Hippowdon: Hungry
Anorith: Loretta
Mienfoo: Chosen One, Betty, and Wimp Lo
Poliwag: Hypnotoad and Tamagotchi
Cleffa: Meguca
Murkrow: Since the person I was trading him to wanted to evolve it into a Honchkrow, Slickback. I still wish he was shiny, though.

The kids I babysit caught a Pokemon for me and named it nosepicker.
I released it when they left, oops.

So one day I was hatching some Beldum, and figured I'd just get the one with the nature I want and put the rest on the GTS. I named one Kanye West, and the rest robotic-themed names. It was kind of a joke, since I figured if someone on the GTS took it they'd forever have to deal with a Metagross named Kanye West.

Kanye West ended up having the nature I wanted. I am obligated to train it to become the Kanye Westagross.
As long as he doesn't yell out "IMMA LET YOU FINISH!" in the middle of a battle...

When I was doing my shiny Golett run, I had a particularly nasty fight with Prime and was feeling pretty depressed. Seeing those little Goletts hatch brightened my day, so the poor little twerps were stuck with the names like Precious, Sweetheart and Angel. Heaven help them when I evolve them.

Then there was the Golett that I named "Noisy Boy"--it has a Quiet Nature. :sweat:

This morning I caught a Ditto in the Giant Chasm. I blew threw 12 Balls trying to capture the idiot thing and it managed to take out my poor Bisharp before the last Timer Ball I pitched at it snapped shut for good and all. Irritated, I named it:

BitchAss
Don't ask me how that got through the swear filter but it did.

Wait, there's a swear filter? Ima gonna have to experiment with that.

Anyway, this isn't a pokemon nickname, but recently in the join avenue when they asked you favorite phrases and stuff, i put funny things like "FuckYeah" (space limitations) and other funny stuff. And for how you want them to address you, i put "Horny Rosa" (cuz i was using the girl character in this game).

I named my Unfezant Uncreative, because that's how I was feeling. And alliterations ftw.
But the stupidest one is this: When I first got Pearl, I found a Bronzong. I caught it. but I had no idea what it was. So, I named it: MYPOKEMON
Sadly, MYPOKEMON has been erased. ;;;~;;;

My Male Gardevoir is named Britney, <3 him.
Palkia earned the name dickhead for its head resembling one and being a bitch to catch.
Wailord is Sailord.... idek what I was thinking.​

Kyurem the Zoroark is the dumbest thing for me... I honestly have no idea what possessed me to name it that...

I have a fake FireRed, and I played it.
Squirtle- Y U HATIN?
Pikachu- SEXY PIGGY
When I want to go restart something, I give the fodder really dumb names.
Rattata- DIGIDERP
On a REAL FireRed, I named a Metapod PINGAS. Like Robotnik

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom