• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Stupidest nickname you ever gave to a Pokemon

I named my Zebstrika "Ryde" because it was a horse. However, that nickname backfired when I realized it was female.

Bubblegum the shiny zubat. He's a crobat now so the nickname sort of makes sense.

A long time ago on my FireRed, I chose Charmander and and nicknamed him 'Dino'.

Only forgetting to type the 'o' in after pressing OK.

Well, I remember, when I was first introduced to Pokemon Diamond and knew nothing about anything, I named my Piplup 'Bubbles' and then wasn't sure what to do when I had a level 100 Empoleon with a nickname like that. (I never did figure out how to change it.)

Audino- Cubby

Panpour- Splash

Oshawott>Dewott>Samurott- RQP
(This one, I was in a rush and had to name the starter. In my defense, I thought there HAD to be a nickname or it would be released. So. Three random letters.)

I believe I gave a Virizion the nickname 'Qantas' because its head kind of looked like a Boeing 747.

I named a Jigglypuff ''Dicks'', in Blue.

This was before I knew english, and had common sense.

I named a Durant "Kevin".

hahahahahahahahahahahaa.

Dude I started a new game of Platinum, named my character Kevin and named every single Pokemon I caught Kevin, regardless of gender. Every. Single. One.

I nickname my HM slaves, "SLAVE." Zero creativity there, but I just don't care enough about them.

I always nickname my pokemon even though I can't think of a good name which results in some of the weirdest/strangest/most ridiculous nicknames ever (look at my previous post in this thread for a somewhat long list of it)

CLOVER98 the Sigilyph, I actually did an experiment to see if anyone would want it despite its ridiculous nickname and put it on the GTS for a Lillipup, surprisingly someone did want it

I was going to name my CHARMANDER something but it didn't fit, so I just put Charmander with just the C capitalized. If he was a real pokemon I bet he would have been like "Are you retarded?".

Swagweasel was my buizel/floatzel

DENNIS=Giratina. It was either that or Francis

I think I named my Machop Broseph, cause the sprite that he's posed in was hilarious and i love the "MACHOP IS GETTING PUMPED" caption

This morning I caught a Ditto in the Giant Chasm. I blew threw 12 Balls trying to capture the idiot thing and it managed to take out my poor Bisharp before the last Timer Ball I pitched at it snapped shut for good and all. Irritated, I named it:

BitchAss
Don't ask me how that got through the swear filter but it did.

I kind of want to get a Hydreigon just to name it Metal.
Because why isn't the Brutal Pokemon metal? :p

I nicknamed my first Squirtle "Blastoise" thinking it will evolve into a Blastoise.
Also, I nicknamed the Red Gyarados in HG "Misty".

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom