• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Stupidest thing you've ever done in game?

When I was about 3, I reset my brother's copy of Red. Well, yeah, you can guess he'd be pretty pissed about that. You know, he's been training his Pokémon, they're all at Level 50 or so, he's beaten the Elite Four, so yeah, you can tell that he'd be annoyed about me doing that.

Oh, did I mention he had Mew on that game?

I'm surprised he didn't murder me.

Catching a Abra in Sapphire and leveling it up to level 100, and always wondered why it didnt evolve. Also, in that same game, always overpowering Blaziken and barely using my other pokes. It was pretty boring to beat everything fucking easily, and i didnt know that you colud breed in the Daycare

Red version

Wasted a Masterball on Snorlax, attempted to catch Mewtwo later. All the ultraballs kept missing.

The following pic is what my face looked like when I realized only the Masterball works.

-It took me like 3 days to figure out how to get out of the house in Red
-Give my pokemon moves only of its type (like Charizard with Ember, Fire Blast, Flamethrower and Fire Spin)
-Waiting everyday for the SS Anne to come back to Vermilion
-Not using cut to get to the truck where Mew supposedly was
-Fighting Sabrina with a team of 6 Haunters (like in the anime)
-never using Flash (I don't like the move)
-Thinking slowpoke evolves into slowbro only if it defeats Shellders
-keep hitting B thinking it made pokemon more likely to be caught

God I was stupid

Omg, one time a friend was training his Togepi and called FLING with METRONOME and he lost his Power Lens. LOL!

Letting my kid brat mess with my Gold by throwing my Masterball on a Spinarak and saving (Oh god, I want to lop his head off and play "dress-up" by skinning it), killing Sudo and saving on said game, getting a Korean SS with no clue it wouldn't be tradable with the rest of my games, not reading up on breeding questions when I could've had my Typhlosion (obviously, then Cyndaquil) inherit the best stats (quite the opposite it did, indeed), and so on.

*Training nothing but my Feraligatr on Silver and teaching it nothing but HM moves. (I believe it knew Surf, Whirlpool, Strength, and Cut. I was 9 at the time.)
*Re-starting my Ruby version without trading over the Shiny Taillow I caught (I didn't know about shinies at the time.) The only other shiny I've caught in my whole trainer career is the Red Gyarados, and everyone with HGSS can get that.

Ouch. I've had to miss out on some good moves thanks to HMs as well, but the only file I restarted with shinies still in-game was this other kid's Ruby, lol. :D

Aaaand, the shiny Floatzel story sends shivers down all the way to the planet's core, so it's better left unsaid.

This isn't really that stupid but it kind of shows you that types go a LONG way in the games. One time I went to train my level 50 donphan by beating up reds pikachu in HG and ended up winning. Another time I beat Lance with a level 13 evee... no action replay used! :angel:

During my FR Nuzlock I forgot Koffing has Levitate and sent out my Dugtrio, Darla, and had her use magnitude. It exploded and killed her. ;_;

-Using a Master Ball on a Skarmory
-Resetting after getting a shiny Cyndaquil because I thought purple was a girl's color
-Killing the legendaries because I thought they were challenge battles

^ All on Crystal.

WAIT WIAT WHAT?? U got a Shiny as starter?

My Stupidest mistake was killing all the legendary's in my Diamond version instead of catching them adn trade them on this forum. Cause I Disslike Legendary's :p I just killed them.

That reminds me, back in middle school, I was stupid and deemed that I don't need multiple copies of the same Pokemon, so whatever starters or legendaries I already had, I either released or killed them.

Even the three level 70's on Emerald (I already had other ones through trade). T_T

Dammit, if I'd known of soft resets then, I'd have done that! Damn my luck...

deleted my diamong game when i had a aipom and shiny munclax from a honey tree :/ just because i couldnt get past gardenia's gym (couldnt see the gap in the trees to get through to another trainer):bash:

Trying to Cut down the bush in front of the Vermillion Gym, in Blue.

Using my Master Ball on an Electabuzz (in Blue).

Only training my Pikachu, so that my E4 team was a level 84 Pikachu, some level 30s, and a level 17 Pidgey. (In Blue, again.)

As a result of the above stupidity, thinking that the League was nearly impossible to beat, and starting a new game every time once I got the Earth Badge. (Blue, yet again)

Thinking "release" meant "take out of the PC", and losing a Geodude in the process. (Blue.)

I did a lot of stupid crap in Blue. >.>

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom