• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Stupidest thing you've ever done in game?

Pman

Insane Particle Collider
Reaction score
Sorry if this thread already exist by another name but i couldn't find one using the search feature, if it does, merge the two please.

So I'm playing through Diamond for the first time (the only other 4th gen game i've played is SS) and I get up to fighting Dialga. I think, I'll walk up to it and save it, as I've done in every other game. Well it turns out that these games are different, when you come to within a certain distance of the pokemon, it initiates the battle automatically.

I decided to try to catch the damn thing even though my party was pretty ruined after battling Cyrus or whatever his name is because i'm fairly (read extremely) under-leveled.

I fail to catch it and decide to play through that hour again so that I can catch the thing, of course, I make the same mistake again, now I've used my master ball on dialga and can't use it on cressilia (or however you spell it). FML

So whats the most stupid thing you've done in the games, be it throwing your master ball at a pidgey or releasing mewtwo?

In Pokemon Emerald, i spent 40 hours in slateport city waiting for the team aqua people to leave because i didnt know you had to talk to that guy in the wooden building. Ended up doing hardcore training while waiting and had a level 50 Swampert at the third gym. I also used my master ball to catch a Lairon because they kept using roar...

The worst thing I've ever done is catch a Porygon in a Master Ball. It was the only Poké Ball I had left, and I thought Porygon was extremely rare.

Wasting all my money at the Firered Game Corner for coins, to just get a Porygon which I released :p I have 200 Pokedollars now :/

Alright the stupidest thing... Aha
When when I was still a kid...
Well, in Pokemon Ruby I was stuck in Slateport.
Not because of Magma or hard battles, no. Because I didn't know how to leave!
Yes its true!
You see to leave Slateport you have to cross under the bridge! Of course, I didn't know that, I thought it was some kind of wall. I never tried to cross or anything!
Until eventually I don't how I just walked through for no reason! Forgetting its a "wall".
So there you go! A stupid thing.

Probably one of the stupidest thing's I've done was run from a Shiny in Gold.
Thought it was a virus of some sort -.-

Thanks.

I once removed my emerald while it was saving. Luckily, i didn't lose anything.
And back in 07, i tried to beat the ghost leader in Pearl using normal and fighting type moves. I kept failing until i found out the types weaknesses and resistances.

-Using a Master Ball on a Skarmory
-Resetting after getting a shiny Cyndaquil because I thought purple was a girl's color
-Killing the legendaries because I thought they were challenge battles

^ All on Crystal.

One battle away from factory head thorton.

last battle before him,

last pokmemon for me and opponent,

my porygon-z vs. their dewgong.

I use thunder wave.

I forget Porygon-z is holding choice band.

:dumb::dumb::dumb:

Alright the stupidest thing... Aha
When when I was still a kid...
Well, in Pokemon Ruby I was stuck in Slateport.
Not because of Magma or hard battles, no. Because I didn't know how to leave!
Yes its true!
You see to leave Slateport you have to cross under the bridge! Of course, I didn't know that, I thought it was some kind of wall. I never tried to cross or anything!
Until eventually I don't how I just walked through for no reason! Forgetting its a "wall".
So there you go! A stupid thing.

yah, i agree with you, thougt i was stuck at slateport, and then thought it was a wall, i accidentally crossed it.. xp

All I can remember: training only my Swampert in Sapphire. Lesson learned: train your other Pokemon as well.

Transfered my Colosseum Ho-oh and XD Lugia into the DP games.

Why was this stupid? I didn't clone them in Emerald and I have to still complete the Pokédex for 3 of my GBA games.

I really don't feel like playing those two games again for 2 bloody dex entries. I could have saved myself a ton of time.

Waste 20 minutes trying to get out of my house in Yellow

Stop making that face. It was my first time ever playing Pokémon, so I didn't know.

Also, I missed Suicune in Crystal and saved, so I never got Ho-Oh. I didn't think of saving before the fight, since I only save at Pokécenters or at home, and my Pokémon weren't worn out enough to need healing.

Recently, I met the frontier brain of the Battle Factory for the first time. I had a team consisting of Espeon, Probopass, and Floatzel, He used Umbreon, Jolteon, and Hariyama.

I took out the Umbreon easy with an attract and focus punch Floatzel lead, and let it faint to jolteon, and dammit man... I have never realized it until now that electric moves don't do super-effective damage to steel types, so I switched to Espeon instead and sacrificed it to get it's health low.

Then, I managed to revenge-kill it with Probopass, only for the brain to reveal his last pokemon, a Hariyama, and from there it was no contest. He whooped my ass.

So yeah, I could have actually accomplished something with that damned battle frontier. :(

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom