• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Subs?

The raws aren't that hard to follow at all in my opinion. I've been watching them from late AG and I haven;t had any trouble. I mean there's some stuff in dialog that you can miss, but someone who understands Japanese usually covers the important stuff in the review threads. Give em a try and see if you like em.

I've been watching the raw since the tag battle arc. It's not that hard to follow if you make educated guesses and get summaries. I try to figure out the most logical thing that the characters are saying. IE: Team Rocket whispering to eachother in a bush=They're plotting something.

i dont know japanese but i find it verrry easy to understand the episodes. i used to watch the dub when i was little so i remember a lot from the earlier seasons, but even the new ones and AG i find easy to watch. plus it helps me learn new words :D

Um...what?

The only Japanese DVDs with "subtitles" are the first three movies, but those are simply dubtitles. They're not a direct translation of the original script at all.

The Pokemon Fanbase has quite a limited number of Japanese-knowledgeable people it seems, coupled with the fact the subs aren't as demanded means Pokemon is pretty low on the subbing sides.

But Pokemon is probably an easy series to sub, so if we got more people who were willing to do it I'm sure we'd have some.

i dont know japanese but i find it verrry easy to understand the episodes. i used to watch the dub when i was little so i remember a lot from the earlier seasons, but even the new ones and AG i find easy to watch. plus it helps me learn new words :D

Yeah. Besides, how hard is it to understand this?

*Ash/Satoshi and the gang and Yummomi on sitting in a hot spring*

Ash/Satoshi: *Asks Yumommi a question*

Yummomi: *Starts to reply, but is cut off because Dawn/Hikari comes over and pushes her under water*

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom