• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Super Smash Bros Mafia - 12/21 - The End - Town Victory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mission complete. *flies off with a hover gizmo*

In all seriousness, a spectacular game. I am amused that the people Laterose claimed to ended up being really important people, which turned out to be beneficial for me.

Good game, guys!

@HumanDawn; Neither do I. When I first joined mafias I wasn't that active or a very good player, though I managed to not look like mafia when town, though now I've been doing really good at scumhunting, though I tend to seem more scummy now. Maybe it's all the lynch-proof roles I've been getting.

@DrumBeats;, I really don't understand why you said I reminded you of Meta Knight when I was about to be lynched. You pretty much doomed yourself with that comment, so I'm not surprised that you were lynched later on. Midorikawa did great pointing it out.

@Sputnik;, why didn't you roleblock Gliscorman? You knew he was the Spy, yet you didn't try to disable him from using a threatening ability.

These two comments really rub me the wrong way. First off, that wasn't even a small part of why I was lynched. It was the combination of my role and a massive town alliance that had already narrowed down the last mafia to two people. Then there were much greater power roles to block that the spy tbh. We needed to find and block the tracker who could pinpoint exactly who we were.

In conclusion, it frustrates me that right as the game ends you immediately criticize everything we did as a mafia yet you screwed yourself and us over on day 2. You can't be condescending to us after that.

@Sputnik, @Rio Kamishiro, and @Dark Blueberry: You guys did a great job, and it was very fun to work with all of you. If it weren't for that tracker check on Rio I think we could've won. My only advice for the future is to not always stick up for your fellow mafia in thread, because then when one dies, it doesn't start a chain of deaths. Other than that though you guys did great ^^

@Shadows and @Chaosj2: Despite being new players, you two really shined this game. Chaos, you tracked just the right people and between you and shadow, you got the information across to the majority of the town. Your tracking was essential to the towns victory. I look forward to playing with you guys in the games to come.

@TairaNamikase: You played a great game and made a very strong town alliance with the help of shadows. You did a great job on stalling me and telling the others about my role. If it weren't for this, the game may have dragged on a bit further. Well played.

@Midorikawa: In the beginning, I thought you were acting incredibly scummy with your pushing to keep Yata and your suspicions on buoy. I honestly thought you and Yata were independent masons who had to survive to final four together (Master Hand and Crazy Hand). However, later in the game you had found and killed Dark Blueberry and was a part of Rio and Sputniks lynch. When you accused me in the end, you didn't really explain your case very well in thread, but little did I know that out of thread the lynch had already been talked about with your alliance and the reasons made sense. Good game Midori, you played very well, an I definitely underestimated you based on the beginning.

@FinalArcadia: You played a great early game, but I think you may have faded more into the background later. I will say though that you and Buoy were the only two people giving me consistent town reads throughout the whole game. That is definitely something to be proud of.

@Buoy: You played extremely well while you were alive. Sorry we had to kill you then, but your scum hunting and three shot lie detector role scared me, especially when we had a doctor janned. You were definitely the biggest threat we had, I'd say the whole game, but Chaos was definitely right up there with you by endgame.

@FrostyGaga: Great game, especially for your first one! I loved how you put limitations on the lie detector role, and you put in a lot of interesting roles. I do feel like sharing the mason QT should not be allowed due to the fact that it confirms the masons. However, that was my only complaint with th game at all. It was well balanced, due to the power roles on both sides. I felt like every role, town or mafia, had the potential to drastically effect the game, which was great. This game will be one I remember for a long time ^^

@FrostyGaga: Great game, especially for your first one! I loved how you put limitations on the lie detector role, and you put in a lot of interesting roles. I do feel like sharing the mason QT should not be allowed due to the fact that it confirms the masons. However, that was my only complaint with th game at all. It was well balanced, due to the power roles on both sides. I felt like every role, town or mafia, had the potential to drastically effect the game, which was great. This game will be one I remember for a long time ^^
Well, actually, this is my second time as host. My first was Advance Wars mafia. Though I feel like I hosted the first better honestly. Probably because I was so nervous about messing up in Advance Wars mafia. I see exactly what you mean about the masons thing. I (wrongly, in hindsight) thought that I needed to power up the masons since I only had two of them. And yeah, it was very much supposed to be somewhat of a role madness game to fit the nature of free-for-all Smash Bros matches.

@FrostyGaga; Sorry about not using my abilities. Then again, I didn't have that much time to use them and, even then, there wasn't much I could do with them before I died. It was only when all the claims came out after I died that I could have checked anything or reported anything much of interest, but that's pretty much it. Thanks for hosting! It was definitely a great game. :>
It's fine, your role was intended to be a late game one as you pointed out. Thanks for playing, you're an amusing player to watch! That's a good thing, I promise.

One role I regret making underpowered (or maybe I should have had an entirely different role altogether) is definitely Neon Borealis/Lucas' role. Given that there was a much more powerful tracker around it just seemed redundant.

Yeah, I guess it wasn't really fair to share the mason QT with other people. Sorry about that. ^^; The reasons why I did it were that: it would be quicker and easier than making a whole new QT, and it specifically said in FrostyGaga's PM to me that I could share it with anyone I wanted, so...
And @FrostyGaga; really? XD I honestly thought you powered us up because we were both new :p Taira's 2x doctor protection especially made me think that. XD

@DrumBeats;, I really don't understand why you said I reminded you of Meta Knight when I was about to be lynched. You pretty much doomed yourself with that comment, so I'm not surprised that you were lynched later on. Midorikawa did great pointing it out.

@Sputnik;, why didn't you roleblock Gliscorman? You knew he was the Spy, yet you didn't try to disable him from using a threatening ability.

These two comments really rub me the wrong way. First off, that wasn't even a small part of why I was lynched. It was the combination of my role and a massive town alliance that had already narrowed down the last mafia to two people. Then there were much greater power roles to block that the spy tbh. We needed to find and block the tracker who could pinpoint exactly who we were.

I don't see how they would since I'm freely able to criticize. I know that it wasn't a huge part, but it was still pointless and a contributing factor why Midorikawa thought of you as scummy. There wasn't anything you could have done about that, so I can't really criticize you for it. I think around the time you guys knew Gliscorman was the Spy, you only chose to Roleblock Shadows because he was "the one who gets messages from the tracker?", which I don't think really made any sense. If he got them from the Tracker, then how could he be the Tracker? Lying maybe? I don't think that was a justifiable reason to risk it. And anyway, Spy is a role I'd say is more dangerous than a Tracker. It could pinpoint your alignment easier by from what you said in the Mafia QT. "Player X used an ability on Player Y" isn't stronger than "Hey lets nightkill [censored]!".

In conclusion, it frustrates me that right as the game ends you immediately criticize everything we did as a mafia yet you screwed yourself and us over on day 2. You can't be condescending to us after that.

Saying that I criticized you on everything, when I only gave out two suggestions on small things to avoid what could have potentially hurt you, but luckily didn't, is blowing it, don't you think? Yes, I'm sorry for being lynched on Day 2. I was trying to get attention on me to get a cop check. I was going to be off to Bristol, and I thought that getting the cop to clear me by then would have been a good idea. My plan failed, and I'm sorry that I couldn't have been much of use. To say I screwed the team with my death, when in the the same Day Phase, I debated with you to make you seem "more Town" for when I turn up Mafia, is a bit too much, and telling me I don't have the right to criticize a single thing just because you managed to last longer than I did is unfair on me. I can't see how I was being condescending. Nobody's perfect, so I don't see why you would be on edge for only giving you suggestions and my opinions so you could maybe improve from then. My intention wasn't to make you and Sputnik look like bad players, but instead to be wiser on some things you do. I thought of being fairly active as a Godfather, being my first time, but I got lynched early on for being overconfident with the role. What do I do next? I learn from my mistakes and try to be better. I'm sorry if I came off as condensing.

@HumanDawn; While I brought up that comment, it wasn't really evidence. I figured him out because he openly claimed Rolecop to FA and the masons, and I knew everyone else's abilities. Also your comment on getting copchecked, is never a good idea unless the cop is naive, because it doesn't clear you when the godfather still lives. Remember what happened in the Zexal Mafia?

@HumanDawn; While I brought up that comment, it wasn't really evidence. I figured him out because he openly claimed Rolecop to FA and the masons, and I knew everyone else's abilities. Also your comment on getting copchecked, is never a good idea unless the cop is naive, because it doesn't clear you when the godfather still lives. Remember what happened in the Zexal Mafia?

I'd personally would have lead a lynch on him just for that reason. It was still pointless and potentially harmful for DrumBeats. I don't see what was so condensing for me to point out how harmful it could have been and how pointless it was to say it. In a similar case, I told @FinalArcadia; in the GSC HGSS Mafia that she shouldn't have mentioned about Kyouhei! being the Godfather before he was lynched when she bussed him. I was simply trying to help. Being called condensing after giving advice to help wasn't nice to read and made me feel in a gloomy mood. Maybe it was because I didn't give any of my teammates any praise. I personally thought they did fine, and Drumbeats successfully buddying up with FinalArcadia and gaining her trust was good. It was just a really active and really strong Town performance that defeated them, and me being lynched early on. I wanted to get a cop check before I went to Bristol. I thought that I needed it to stall time, at least. I was originally a sub for this game, but then decided to be a full player to have as much fun as I could.

XD. Yeah, I guess I was completely overshadowed by the tracker and basically everyone else. I mean, I didn't even get a mention like everyone else did. XD

But still, I helped towards achieving victory by staying out of the way, that should count.

FA trusted DB? FA were you holding out on me?
When he contacted me as the role cop, I was already suspicious of him, so I hoped that by "working" with him, I could wait to see him either slip up or I could increase my suspicions of him. XD

FA trusted DB? FA were you holding out on me?
When he contacted me as the role cop, I was already suspicious of him, so I hoped that by "working" with him, I could wait to see him either slip up or I could increase my suspicions of him. XD
Teasing you. Did you forget we were already allies by then

Congratulations town! You guys did a really good job figuring out who the mafia were towards the end there. I had a bunch of fun while I was around, even though I was really caught up on projects and exams...and stuff. Mafia were great too - although you guys killed me right after I subbed in.

Good job hosting once again FrostyGaga! This was a fun one as well, just like the AW one. ^^

Even though I died too soon at least I think so ;__; and didn't do much due to being somewhat inactive, I had fun anyway. Good job to both the town and mafia, you both did a really good job. And thanks to @FrostyGaga; for hosting such a fun game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom