• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Superhero Bonanza Penultimate Edition: War for the Earth - Endgame Town Victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the plan: if @Ereshkigal isn't lynched today, try and shoot whoever isn't lynched out of Pirate and Nightwing. If Nightwing survives, roleblock whoever isn't lynched out of Pirate and Eresh. And if Pirate survives... well we need to know your roles first.

I'm curious about this plan, in particular since it seems designed to eliminate whoever survives the lynch.

I'm curious about this plan, in particular since it seems designed to eliminate whoever survives the lynch.

So, it looks like Max is the current lynch option.

If you're what you say you are, you shall target Nightwing101. If not, we'll know you're mafia.

@Nightwing101 you roleblock Ereshkigal. If you're town, you will stop any secondary abilities Eresh has.

I still feel like an Eresh lynch is safer though... I can't imagine Max or Nightwing being mafia 2...

So, it looks like Max is the current lynch option.

If you're what you say you are, you shall target Nightwing101. If not, we'll know you're mafia.

@Nightwing101 you roleblock Ereshkigal. If you're town, you will stop any secondary abilities Eresh has.

I still feel like an Eresh lynch is safer though... I can't imagine Max or Nightwing being mafia 2...

If I hit Nightwing and they turn out to be Town, we'll be starting the next day down two townies. I've already killed one; I'm in no hurry to help Mafia further, especially when shooting another one may put us in a position where it's impossible for the Mafia to win.

And it's nearly impossible for all three of us to be mafia. So, why are you trying to set it up so all three of us are eliminated? At this point, killing me is a pretty high priority for Mafia, since they now know that I can kill them during the night phase and they do not have the members to risk a night loss at this stage. And if the Mafia can get me to help them further by killing another Townie during the night phase, then it's in their best interests to get me to do what they want rather than the smarter thing of not using my ability at all so we don't end up losing the game as soon as the day phase hits.

I don't care if you're going to lynch me; at this point, I'm dead anyway. I'm curious as to why it is you're trying to set it up to eliminate three players by the next day phase.

Unvote: Pirate Sylveon

This entire thing doesn't feel right. It feels like an attempt by Mafia to trick the town into a guaranteed loss by the next day phase.

Actually, something else that just occurred...

The Pumpkin usually includes 25% bulletproof as a secondary ability. @Jin of Torna wanted to use @Nightwing101 to roleblock me to stop, and I quote, "any secondary abilities Eresh has." Given my primary ability is shooting someone with only a 75% chance to hit (unless I spent a night phase aiming), the idea behind this would be to eliminate the bulletproof aspect.

Except the version I received doesn't include the bulletproof. Mafia could have taken me out any night.

And even if I did go along with the plan, the only way I could prove it is if Nightwing died. Any other outcome, and Jin would have a basis to argue I'm mafia. Add in the Mafia kill, and you're talking three people dead by next day phase if I succeed in killing Nightwing, and two people dead with my lynch perfectly set up if I don't. All they would have to do is kill Nightwing themselves to make it look like I did so as part of a scum action.

So, to eliminate the Mafia using that strategy...

I hereby promise not to use my ability at all during the upcoming night phase. After all, do we want me helping Mafia by guaranteeing we have at least one more townie die because of my actions?

If I hit Nightwing and they turn out to be Town, we'll be starting the next day down two townies. I've already killed one; I'm in no hurry to help Mafia further, especially when shooting another one may put us in a position where it's impossible for the Mafia to win.

And it's nearly impossible for all three of us to be mafia. So, why are you trying to set it up so all three of us are eliminated? At this point, killing me is a pretty high priority for Mafia, since they now know that I can kill them during the night phase and they do not have the members to risk a night loss at this stage. And if the Mafia can get me to help them further by killing another Townie during the night phase, then it's in their best interests to get me to do what they want rather than the smarter thing of not using my ability at all so we don't end up losing the game as soon as the day phase hits.

I don't care if you're going to lynch me; at this point, I'm dead anyway. I'm curious as to why it is you're trying to set it up to eliminate three players by the next day phase.

This entire thing doesn't feel right. It feels like an attempt by Mafia to trick the town into a guaranteed loss by the next day phase.

Is the bolded part a scumslip or a poorly worded sentence?

I'm not saying all three of you are mafia. 2/3 of you are mafia, so if we kill all three of you, we kill all the mafia. Nightwing is the most accepting of the plan, and I feel like they've been quite towny. Sometimes town needs to die to win. I'm doing the most pro-town thing here. You realise the 2 mafia has to be out of you three because the other three are confirmed right?

I have a confirmed claim, was checked as town by the cop and began the bandwagon on the only mafia lynch. If you're doubting my alignment now, then there's a problem.

Unvote: Ereshkigal
Vote: Nightwing101

Your vote seems the most like sheeping.

This is a last ditch effort by both Max and Eresh. They're the remaining two scum members. Max refuses to claim and is ignoring my posts, and after their scumbuddy Eresh decided to unvote, they saw a last ditch chance to go for Nightwing. We get rid of Max then Eresh, done.

Actually, something else that just occurred...

The Pumpkin usually includes 25% bulletproof as a secondary ability. @Jin of Torna wanted to use @Nightwing101 to roleblock me to stop, and I quote, "any secondary abilities Eresh has." Given my primary ability is shooting someone with only a 75% chance to hit (unless I spent a night phase aiming), the idea behind this would be to eliminate the bulletproof aspect.

Except the version I received doesn't include the bulletproof. Mafia could have taken me out any night.

And even if I did go along with the plan, the only way I could prove it is if Nightwing died. Any other outcome, and Jin would have a basis to argue I'm mafia. Add in the Mafia kill, and you're talking three people dead by next day phase if I succeed in killing Nightwing, and two people dead with my lynch perfectly set up if I don't. All they would have to do is kill Nightwing themselves to make it look like I did so as part of a scum action.

So, to eliminate the Mafia using that strategy...

I hereby promise not to use my ability at all during the upcoming night phase. After all, do we want me helping Mafia by guaranteeing we have at least one more townie die because of my actions?

Who are you sying is mafia? You're hesitance to use your role is based on the fact that either Melo, Mido or I have to be mafia, when we're all confirmed not to be.

I'm not saying all three of you are mafia. 2/3 of you are mafia, so if we kill all three of you, we kill all the mafia. Nightwing is the most accepting of the plan, and I feel like they've been quite towny. Sometimes town needs to die to win. I'm doing the most pro-town thing here. You realise the 2 mafia has to be out of you three because the other three are confirmed right?

I have a confirmed claim, was checked as town by the cop and began the bandwagon on the only mafia lynch. If you're doubting my alignment now, then there's a problem.

This is a last ditch effort by both Max and Eresh. They're the remaining two scum members. Max refuses to claim and is ignoring my posts, and after their scumbuddy Eresh decided to unvote, they saw a last ditch chance to go for Nightwing. We get rid of Max then Eresh, done.

Who are you sying is mafia? You're hesitance to use your role is based on the fact that either Melo, Mido or I have to be mafia, when we're all confirmed not to be.
Any reason it has to be me first?

Poorly worded sentence. I've not had my coffee yet.

Also, the godfather hasn't popped yet. A cop check saying someone is town doesn't mean someone is town.

Except that a smart Mafia move would be to pretend to go along with your plan, then pretend they missed. After all, I've said I've already missed twice; I have nothing to lose by pretending to miss a third time, rather than openly refusing and potentially making myself a target.

Also, how is my refusing to kill Nightwing somehow a last-ditch effort to go after Nightwing? I'm not even arguing that it makes Nightwing look scummy.

My hesitance to use my role is based on the fact that, from a Town standpoint, this is a suicidal plan. Any plan that guarantees at least one additional townie death beyond what is absolutely unavoidable at this stage is a plan that only hurts the town severely. And your plan does just that.

Any reason it has to be me first?

Because you already have all the votes.

Except that a smart Mafia move would be to pretend to go along with your plan, then pretend they missed. After all, I've said I've already missed twice; I have nothing to lose by pretending to miss a third time, rather than openly refusing and potentially making myself a target.

Also, how is my refusing to kill Nightwing somehow a last-ditch effort to go after Nightwing? I'm not even arguing that it makes Nightwing look scummy.

This part of my post was in response to Max, not you.

My hesitance to use my role is based on the fact that, from a Town standpoint, this is a suicidal plan. Any plan that guarantees at least one additional townie death beyond what is absolutely unavoidable at this stage is a plan that only hurts the town severely. And your plan does just that.

A suicidal plan for one townie, but gets rid of all mafia.

The mafia is out of you three. That is proven. So if all three of you die, both the mafia die too. The fact that you can't agree with this makes me more certain you're mafia.

And what if of those three, the first to die is the Townie?

That's what I'm trying to avoid by killing all three of you. And if the first one is a townie, my bad. But you haven't claimed, and you're not giving any indications you are town. I personally think Nightwing deserves to live because they've given the best defences and pro-town actions.

Did you...not consider that, @Jin of Torna? That's a bit scummy imo.

Haven't we already established that I'm not mafia?

That's what I'm trying to avoid by killing all three of you. And if the first one is a townie, my bad. But you haven't claimed, and you're not giving any indications you are town. I personally think Nightwing deserves to live because they've given the best defences and pro-town actions.

Haven't we already established that I'm not mafia?
Wait, when? Must've missed that.

That aside, are u you absolutely certain it has to be two Mafia out of the three? If so, why?

We have a 2/3 chance. I swear if we've picked the wrong one...

@Midorikawa @Melodious Nocturne Demyx, which one do you think is most likely to be mafia? Who was the one to suggest that Max could be a mafia JOAT? Was it Eresh?

Max/Pirate and Nightwing are both relatively inexperienced, so I think one of them is mafia 1. Mafia 2 however, seemed quite confident in handling the situation, something I don't imagine either Pirate or NW sounding (especially in the latter's first game of mafia, no offence). So I'm currently thinking an Eresh lynch. I have a strong feeling it's an Eresh and Pirate/NW pair.

UNVOTE: Nightwing101

VOTE: Ereshkigal
LG suggested the max as mafia theory.

So do you think that Jin is mafia then?
Also, the godfather hasn't popped yet. A cop check saying someone is town doesn't mean someone is town.
Doesnt mean there is one. And again are you implying that Jin is mafia?
You could also shoot and say you didn’t if you miss. And if you hit then it’s to your advantage.
And what if of those three, the first to die is the Townie?

We lost most likely. But we have to take risks at this point.

Unvote: Ereshgikal
Vote: Max

No, but I have reasons for my belief in Elementar's alignment that goes beyond a simple Cop check.

That aside, are u you absolutely certain it has to be two Mafia out of the three? If so, why?
Because if there's only one then that's a 2 player scum team in a 12 player game, and that's pretty fuckin' weak.

A suicidal plan for one townie, but gets rid of all mafia.

The mafia is out of you three. That is proven. So if all three of you die, both the mafia die too. The fact that you can't agree with this makes me more certain you're mafia.

Unless the Mafia is someone who we think is proven town via some method, but actually isn't town. And my not agreeing with it is my seeing how your plan can easily be used to screw town and guarantee a mafia victory. If I were Mafia, you would be a godsend and I would be all for your plan.

And, no, it's not proven. Especially since I know of at least two who are going to flip town when this is done. But, I'll get to the other problems in a bit.

So do you think that Jin is mafia then?

Doesnt mean there is one. And again are you implying that Jin is mafia?

You could also shoot and say you didn’t if you miss. And if you hit then it’s to your advantage.

I'm not implying Jin is Mafia. I'm implying Jin has a terrible plan. The moment I saw it, my first though was, "I could win this game as scum easily with this being the town's plan."

Notice I'm not saying Max isn't scum? Max dying is pretty much a guarantee; the rest of the plan depends on his death.

And now is the point when the Mafia will start using fowl language. They'll be utterly plucked at what I'm about to say.

But, the initial plan I came up with involved me going along with Jin's plan. I would, as scum, let Nightwing roleblock Ereshkigal (it's my insanity, I can talk in third person if I want to) and shoot Jin. It gets any chances of Ereshkigal's kill shot actually hitting scum out of the way, guarantees a death, and puts me in a position to argue one of them is scum (Ereshkigal being the most likely, due to both insane plans and the tendency to be a wildcard when town, plus a generally scummy personality).

The second plan, and one pretty much dictated to them when Ereshkigal refused to go along with Jin's plan, is dependent upon Max. This set up a Jin vs. Ereshkigal situation and looked like both sides of the argument were getting false reads from each other. Then, it just depends on how Max flips when he dies; he flips scum, kill Jin and frame Ereshkigal. Max flips town, kill Ereshkigal and frame Jin. Pretty much a guaranteed victory, handed them to a silver platter by Jin and Ereshkigal.

And after having the plan Ereshkigal spent so many posts dictating to them ruined by Ereshkigal posting it in the open for everyone to see, Mido, the best plan is to kill you and point out how Ereshkigal set up a godfather argument, say Ereshkigal was trying to set up a godfather argument against you by pointing out that Ereshkigal was setting it up to argue you are the godfather as an alternative to how you knew who is and is not scum for certain.

Also, for the other people saying "I know via other means:" Stop that. It sets up a perfect opportunity to argue you're the godfather.

So, at this point, the Mafia's best bet is to kill me come night phase, since they honestly can't predict anything I'm going to do and I'm making a habit of throwing a monkey wrench in their plans today :p

Vote: Pirate Sylveon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom