• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Superhero Bonanza Penultimate Edition: War for the Earth - Endgame Town Victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is, you've flip-flopped a lot in your posts. Prior to the last day phase, you had accused every single person alive except for Mido of being scum, and you just outright said you think Mido might be in a scum team with Melo (someone you voted for earlier as well).

It's normal for reads to change. And I said it was a possibility. Please don't twist my words.

The problem with your argument about ignoring your posts is that your posts do absolutely nothing to help your cause at any point in play, and contribute a lot to the idea you were just hunting to see who you could lynch.

That's a good scum tactic. I'll just see who I lynch and I might just lynch a fellow mafia member.

Except the statement this is in response to doesn't justify the scummy actions in question. Nice try, though.

Exactly. You're not justifying it, but ignoring it. It's like you're giving yourself a pass for your actions.

Part of a pattern. No one item alone is alignment indicative; all of them together are. Stop trying to make a scum case against Melo.

What is this pattern you keep speaking of? And for goodness sake I'm not going after Melo. I'm going after you, and I think that's pretty clear. Why are you twisting what I'm saying?

Can be, but I have severe reason to doubt it. In particular since I've also been reading how Aussie responds to my own queries. It does help to have a profile of the host as well when determining if something is likely to be fake. Aussie doesn't strike me as the kind of host who would help out either side to that degree; if it was fake, very likely Jinjo would have only gotten one post instead of the number received.

Number zero rule of any mafia game: Know thy host. Their behaviors can inform a lot about certain aspects of how the game is run, and in turn how to interpret certain pieces of information.

What? 1) I've hosted with AE before so I know exactly how they host and 2) the host won't fabricate. The mafia can easily alter what they say to give the spy weird results. I don't know how the host would have anything to do with altering results. Hosts aren't allowed to do that fullstop.

Once again, part of a pattern.

If it was just an inkling, why did you repeat it? Why did you make it a point to, in the very reply you just did to me, go out of your way to cast doubt on reasons for Melo not being scum that I stated, as well as outright saying things like "How is this helping either of your cases?"

I was listing all possibilities. I'm saying that you're clearing Melo when they could still be mafia, and you shouldn't be so free to clear them for X reasons.

I'm not ignoring your posts. I'm pointing out how your posts make a lie of your claim you were not trying to throw Melo under the bus. After all, you claim you were not right at the end of trying to discredit an argument that Melo isn't scum.

You realise 'throwing under the bus' implies we're of the same alignment? And I'm accusing Melo as much as I'm doing for Mido. How can you think Melo is definitely independent but think Mido is scum despite them getting an independent result from their cop check on him?

And, to clarify one thing: I don't plan to survive the night, no matter what Nightwing chooses. In fact, my death is even part of my plan.

I die, I flip town, the remaining mafia are lynched. That's the rest of my plan.

If you think there are two mafia then we'll just lose.

In before Nightwing is scum.

I think both Mido and Eresh should target Nightwing, in the off chance that Eresh happens to be town. That way Nightwing, if they're the last remaining mafia (somehow) will have to make a decision.

I think both Mido and Eresh should target Nightwing, in the off chance that Eresh happens to be town. That way Nightwing, if they're the last remaining mafia (somehow) will have to make a decision.
And we're back to trying to kill me I see. Mido can investigate me but it'll be a waste. If they do at least I'm confirmed Town. Eresh can target me if they choose to do so. Completely up to them. Im still deciding if I should block anyone or just leave it be. I don't know what would be more beneficial for Town honestly. I'll work it out.

And we're back to trying to kill me I see. Mido can investigate me but it'll be a waste. If they do at least I'm confirmed Town. Eresh can target me if they choose to do so. Completely up to them. Im still deciding if I should block anyone or just leave it be. I don't know what would be more beneficial for Town honestly. I'll work it out.

No. I highly doubt Eresh is town, so you shouldn't die. In the off case that he happens to be town, you're the only person left that I think could be mafia (as much as I doubt it). I'm preparing for both situations, but I am quite certain you won't die. Roleblock whoever you think is mafia, but bias aside, don't waste it on me. Even if I am mafia, I'm a confirmed Messenger, so my role has little use anymore.

Does no one read what I say?

I pointed out the flaw in this right away. That could easily have been this-

Mafia 1: btw just so you know, if you act scummy, I’ll bus you.
Jd- insert quote from Jinjo.

And if part of it was from daytime, then Jinjo would only get the part from nighttime. Considering that’s all she got, they didn’t talk a lot during the night, clearly. And the wording could have been reversed. There is nothing that guarantees that the quote was jd, or that there was any plan of actually bussing. Everyone just made that assumption.

The timing is what makes this utterly empty. The bussing convo occurs in a night phase, JD is lynched during the day, Jin takes lead and proceeds to lynch two townies while trying to get two more to focus on each other during the night phase.

So your logic that the convos weren’t faked is that there was multiple pieces of conversation? How does that mean it wasn’t faked exactly?

Because I'm the one who suggested it was one person typing to begin with, and I knew it was bull$%^$ at the time I suggested it? I've been setting mafia up to take the fall since Day 1. Why do you think I refused to give a straight answer about my role on Day 2, when I normally would have (or just outright lied) as I usually do?

Staying quiet when we planned on lynching you wouldn’t be in your best interest, and there is no doubt your shots are limited somehow because that would be OP otherwise.

Only a percentage chance to hit. I could have actually killed every night if luck had been on my side.

Also we had a logical basis. Process of elimination.

One provided by Melo, which did not include any logical basis for me being scum until after I admitted to shooting Jinjo. That was when Jin built his plan that had me shooting Nightwing and Nightwing roleblocking me.

Are you going to nightkill yourself and save us the trouble of lynching you? :)

Lolno. I'm the most dangerous person alive right now. Mafia has no choice but to kill me. What good would killing a town cop do when you're one kill away from victory? That idea by Jin never made any form of sense if you sat down and thought about it for a minute; even if you were telling the truth about being town cop, they no longer have any reason to target you since they can just kill someone else and still obtain victory. Myself or Nightwing would be better targets, since we're the only people left who have any abilities which might screw over Mafia. Notice which two people Jin had negating each other during the night phase in his plan originally?

Also on Elementars random fear. Makes sense. I have that effect on people. I’ve been mislynched based on the worry that I’m actually mafia before. And LG has probably pulled some good tricks before too. When you play wth players a lot youlll get paranoid sometimes. But luckily logic is on our side!!!

If logic is on your side, then why are you not posting any evidence to counter what I'm saying? I have quotes from earlier to back me, along with people's actions and patterns of behavior. Including the only post here that provides a logical rundown for proving someone is not scum, when that person isn't someone who has any reason to have my back right now.

It's normal for reads to change. And I said it was a possibility. Please don't twist my words.

It's very hard not to, considering you keep flip-flopping on who you think is scum even during this night phase. You go from me, to me and Nightwing, to Mido and Melo, to me, then to Nightwing, then back to me.

And ever since JD died, not one single piece of your logic for who is scum has held up in any flip that's happened to date.

That's a good scum tactic. I'll just see who I lynch and I might just lynch a fellow mafia member.

It's how I usually win as scum, unless I'm the designated decoy. And scum teams I've been on have known about it beforehand and been okay with it, since it usually guarantees a victory.

Exactly. You're not justifying it, but ignoring it. It's like you're giving yourself a pass for your actions.

Right. Ignoring it. Which is why I am the only person to bring it up when everyone else completely forgot about it. That's some very weird ignoring, don't you think?

What is this pattern you keep speaking of? And for goodness sake I'm not going after Melo. I'm going after you, and I think that's pretty clear. Why are you twisting what I'm saying?

A basic pattern of several behaviors that combine to say someone isn't scum. And if you are going after me, then why are you arguing against a long set of points I made that Melo isn't scum? That doesn't make any logical sense.

What? 1) I've hosted with AE before so I know exactly how they host and 2) the host won't fabricate. The mafia can easily alter what they say to give the spy weird results. I don't know how the host would have anything to do with altering results. Hosts aren't allowed to do that fullstop.

Once again, part of a pattern.

Except this is completely unrelated to what I actually said. I never said AE would fake it; I said AE is unlikely to help out scum that much by sending several comments from one person as a spy result. I notice you didn't counter that, but instead invented some idea I was accusing AE of faking Mafia posts.

I was listing all possibilities. I'm saying that you're clearing Melo when they could still be mafia, and you shouldn't be so free to clear them for X reasons.

And how are you not trying to go after Melo again? This list only supports a stance you held that Melo isn't scum. Yet you go out of your way to counter any idea that Melo isn't scum in it, rather than focusing primarily on me; the comments you made toward me were secondary, after all.

You realise 'throwing under the bus' implies we're of the same alignment? And I'm accusing Melo as much as I'm doing for Mido. How can you think Melo is definitely independent but think Mido is scum despite them getting an independent result from their cop check on him?

Actually, no, it doesn't. The phrase "throw under the bus" is a common idiomatic English expression that means "to betray someone for selfish reasons." Making out two people who have had your back for much of the game as scum to save your own skin is pretty damned selfish.

Also, note you just outright admitted to accusing Mido and Melo of being scum.

Thirdly, notice I never said Mido wasn't cop, just that I don't think Mido is town cop? The scum rolecop has yet to be revealed. All Mido would need to do to confirm Melo is check if Melo is survivor, and that would pretty much confirm everything Melo said about being an indep survivor.

If you think there are two mafia then we'll just lose.

In before Nightwing is scum.

And here you go, trying to make a case for Nightwing being scum again.

Honestly? All I ask is you do what you think is best. There's no reason to kill you; both sides need you alive too much. Out of everyone here, you and Melo are the only two guaranteed to live to day phase.

Hey, if you can't decide? Do nothing and let the flips tell you what to do next. No harm in it.

The timing is what makes this utterly empty. The bussing convo occurs in a night phase, JD is lynched during the day, Jin takes lead and proceeds to lynch two townies while trying to get two more to focus on each other during the night phase.
Jds lynch happened because of that convo. And you act like people actually bothered giving a crap about what Jinjo said.
Because I'm the one who suggested it was one person typing to begin with, and I knew it was bull$%^$ at the time I suggested it? I've been setting mafia up to take the fall since Day 1. Why do you think I refused to give a straight answer about my role on Day 2, when I normally would have (or just outright lied) as I usually do?
Becaise it’s easier to give a vague fakeclqim since you can’t twist it into a more solid one later in case there is anyone who counterclaims you.
One provided by Melo, which did not include any logical basis for me being scum until after I admitted to shooting Jinjo. That was when Jin built his plan that had me shooting Nightwing and Nightwing roleblocking me.
Glad to know you’re reading all of my posts :)
logic is on your side, then why are you not posting any evidence to counter what I'm saying? I have quotes from earlier to back me, along with people's actions and patterns of behavior. Including the only post here that provides a logical rundown for proving someone is not scum, when that person isn't someone who has any reas
Again glad to know you’re reading.
It's very hard not to, considering you keep flip-flopping on who you think is scum even during this night phase. You go from me, to me and Nightwing, to Mido and Melo, to me, then to Nightwing, then back to
I don’t actuallg know why I quoted this one.
Except this is completely unrelated to what I actually said. I never said AE would fake it; I said AE is unlikely to help out scum that much by sending several comments from one person as a spy result. I notice you didn't counter that, but instead invented some idea I was accusing AE of faking Mafia posts.
Soy has a certain way of faking. Hosts don’t choose to make a role work in a certain way. Otherwise doing so would be unfair to one of the sides. So no it doesn’t matter who the host is. The role works the same unless the hosts makes adjustments before the game starts.
Thirdly, notice I never said Mido wasn't cop, just that I don't think Mido is town cop? The scum rolecop has yet to be revealed. All Mido would need to do to confirm Melo is check if Melo is survivor, and that would pretty much confirm everything Melo said about being an indep survivor.

Right because mafia has only had aesetic and rolecop in a game with a pimpkin, spy, tracker, joat, etc.

Sorry to disappoint you but I’m not that lucky, and that would be too unbalanced.

Day 5: The Last Stand

The battle was nearly over… Most of the superheroes fighting against the robotic army had been defeated.

Sonic zipped in and out of robots, getting under their feet, and tripping them over.

Iron Man flew down over the battlefield, looking at the devastation. The city was heavily damaged, and there were now more bad guys than good guys. He didn’t know if they could win at this rate.

The Masked Man chuckled to himself as he surveyed the chaos. Things were going exactly as he planned. He spotted something down below. Sonic, weaving in and out of the robots, knocking them down. “Pest.” He growled. He raised his staff, and it glowed with purple power. That power wrapped around Sonic, and slammed him into the wall several times before releasing him.

Sonic fell to the ground, heavily injured. Yellow particles started to come from his body.

“Sonic!” The Black Ranger yelled as he ran over, and dropped to his knees next to Sonic.
“Heh… It was… a good try.” Sonic said weakly, looking up at him. “We gave it our best.”
“Hey, you did good, kid.” Tommy Oliver said. “We’ll take it from here.”

And with that, Sonic disappeared into yellow particles.
Dear Elementar, you are
latest

Sonic from Sonic

Due to your speed, you are the messenger. At night, you can choose to deliver a private message to another player, and receive a message from them. (To do this, reply to this PM with “Tell [player]: [message]”)

You are aligned with the Superhero Alliance, and win when all threats to your faction are eliminated.

Your character was submitted by Seth Rollins

Jin of Torna was eliminated. They were Sonic, the Town Ninja Messenger

Tommy Oliver stood. He scanned the crowd then noticed Thanos making his way down the street. “You’re going down.. You’ve come this far, and no further. SUPER DINO MODE!”

With that, The spikes on the Black Ranger’s suit extended from both his arms and legs, and a new found power surged through the Black Ranger. He ran at Thanos, leaping over his head and kicking him in the back. The fallen Titan stumbled forward, then spun back around.
“Do you really think you can defeat me?” Thanos growled, and raised his fist.
“I don’t think. I know.” Tommy said as he drew his weapon and channeled all his power into it. “Bracio Staff! Energy Orb!” He called and sent the massive purple and gold glowing orb at Thanos.
Sparks flew everywhere, followed by yellow particles. The massive being stumbled back, before disappearing in a massive shower of particles.

Captain America landed on the roof behind the masked man. “It’s over.” He said. “Put down the staff.”

The masked man turned towards him, and raised his staff. Captain America swung his arm, throwing his shield. The masked me raised his staff, and the shield halted its flight in midair.

“You’re right.” The masked man said, in a sort of a wheeze. “It’s over. For you.” With that, the masked man pulled down his hood and removed his mask.

“You!” Captain America was stunned. He couldn’t believe what he was seeing.

It is now Day 5. Phase ends at 23:00 AWEST (3pm GMT) on the 20th of October.

THIS IS THE LAST PHASE OF THE GAME. If a scum member is not lynched this phase, the game is over.

It is I, Vote-omenon, coming at you live, with an update!

THIS IS THE LAST PHASE OF THE GAME. If a scum member is not lynched this phase, the game is over.

This statement is incorrect! Worry not, however, for I, Vote-omenon will use powers not devoted to Vote Calculation, to adjust this into a more true declaration of fact!

THIS MAY BE THE LAST PHASE OF THE GAME. If a scum member is not lynched this phase, the game could end.

@Midorikawa I suspect I already know, but who did you check and what result did you get?

Nightwing town.

Vote: Ereshgikal

I already pointed out how it wouldn’t make sense for mafia to have a godfather with aesetic so once again logic dictates you as the mafia.

And before you try the argument of not killing me if you really are mafia and I’m cop.

I die and flip cop, confirming LG and Jin, thus Nightwing knows we were telling the truth and thus lynches you.

Kill Nightwing, and Jin, LG, and I lynch you because we haven’t bought your all over the place defense.

So that means unless you wanted to waste your kill on an indep, Jinwas your only choice for you to have a chance to win since no doubt you’re hoping to manipulate Nightwing into trying to lynch me, hence why towards the end of the night phase you started to push the idea of me being mafia a bit more by suggesting that I’m rolecop.

That's what I thought.

Midorikawa, you have played extremely well. I salute you for it.

Anyway, let's get this over with. Only one outcome left, and no chance I can stop it.

Vote: Ereshkigal

Wow I got played :LOL:

gg, you played a really good game. I was honestly so confused:ROFLMAO:.

gg to Mido as well for your awesome detective skills (both role wise and working out Eresh's plan).

Wow I got played :LOL:

gg, you played a really good game. I was honestly so confused:ROFLMAO:.

gg to Mido as well for your awesome detective skills (both role wise and working out Eresh's plan).

And you're still getting played ;)

Plus, what makes you think this isn't part of my plan? I mean, I voted for myself after acting incredibly crazy in the last day phase, too.

When this is over, I really must credit Mido for handing me the game win ;)

And you're still getting played ;)

Plus, what makes you think this isn't part of my plan? I mean, I voted for myself after acting incredibly crazy in the last day phase, too.

When this is over, I really must credit Mido for handing me the game win ;)
Yeah you make me look sane and I’ve done some pretty unexpected stuff in mafia.

Your arguments would be much better if you reeled them in a little and focused them a bit more. You had solid points but the presentation just doesn’t sell it. Presentation is very important in mafia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom