• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

We might pass 1000, but it seems these RFakes and Ancient Pokemon take up dex numbers according to him and he says they took up too many dex numbers, which I REALLY don't like the sound of. It concerns me that while we might get 100 or so, a lot will be these RFakes and Ancient Pokemon, with a lower amount of completely new and original Pokemon.
Watch #1000 be an RFake or counterpart-version (the thing Jigglypuff and Amoongus are) for Mew, Mewtwo, or Bulbasaur then.

But "ancient Pokémon" should be separate, right? So Kaka had told me. They have different names and numbers of the dex.

It is not the current Jigglypuff that changes form in battle like the Mega Evolutions. Although some on Twitter insist on this...

But "ancient Pokémon" should be separate, right? So Kaka had told me. They have different names and numbers of the dex.

It is not the current Jigglypuff that changes form in battle like the Mega Evolutions. Although some on Twitter insist on this...

yeah. that's why Khu is saying the overall dex count for new mons will be higher. Bc the ancient mons and Rfakes have their own names and tex up their own slots.

also when I think about it, with hitting 1000 mons being a real possibility with these games, maybe that ominous crystalline thing in the previous trailer that some speculated to be a tease of pokemon 1000#, actually is a tease of pokemon 1000#

he just means the number estimate of new pokemon for s/v is similar to x/y if we include megas in the dex count. there were 70 new mons in x/y + 30, so roughly 100 new mons in s/v counting the Rfakes and new concept mons

yeah. It depends on the ratio for me personally, if its like 80 new mons and 20 of the rfakes/ancient mons I wouldnt be too upset as it sounds sounds like a repeat of the sinnoh dex, but if this is literally x/y again with like 70 new mons, 15 rfakes, 15 Rfakes, I'll be kinda miffed.

Khu also said there weren't too many Rfakes so I'm expectingggg the number of new stuff to lean towards traditional new mons + ancient pokemon which I dont think would be too bad.

So... The usual, then from gen 6 onward (<100 new).

I hope we get around 95 new Pokemon like in gen 8, though. We're pretty close to 1,000.

Yeah, RFakes are like Mimikyu- new designs and models that resemble a different Pokémon but are their own thing. Like a water eel that resembles Diglett.

The ancient/counterpart Pokémon are literally the same model (based on what I’ve seen) but with some changes or additions (fangs, moss) but still a completely different Pokémon (that is NOT Jigglypuff or Amoongus, for example).

So... The usual, then from gen 6 onward (<100 new).

I hope we get around 95 new Pokemon like in gen 8, though. We're pretty close to 1,000.

I think Khu is saying to expect more than that though. He said "relatively bigger count" probably in comparison to the past few gens.

You know, If the Fuecoco egg becomes a chicken you know zodiac theory will still exist for people, simply under the pretense that "They will repeat the animals sometimes"

Considering they were already trying to make the crocodile a bull because of a specific terminology, I'm pretty sure the only way you could completely kill the theory is to have some sort of amorphous blob like Reuniclus.

On many forums I see people against level-scaling/scaled teams, because it's supposedly not RPG-like and you should be able to encounter harder challenges.

This is a fallacy:
  • Level-scaling doesn't have to be universal, heck, it probably won't be. Your route 1 Skwovet won't suddenly have to become a level 80 one later in the game.
  • Level-scaling is done in one way or another in a lot of RPG's.
  • Gym-challenges could easily be scaled, and other things kept as is. Including/excluding more options.
  • It would be stupid to beat a level 10 gym with a level 50 party, they could just as well make a set order then to keep somewhat of a challenge.

Khu stated that 3 gimmicks are completely seperate from the new flag/racing system. Khu mention that the "new concept, which influenced the battles someway." The new flag thing is a new sys (system), but haven't been teased yet. So the flag/racing system are not part of the gimmick (that includes the new concept gimmick).
So this "New Concept" gimmick suppose to be something similar to Mega Evolution, but we don't know yet.

So maybe the flag system does have something to do with types, and racing system probably happen before you challenge the gym leaders.

Since the leaker already reveal the 2 out of the 3 gimmicks. Not only this "New Concept hasn't been revealed yet along with Flag and racing system. So we got monday for the leaker whether or not to reveal them.
I need to correct myself about the "New Concept" gimmick, it turns out they're Time warp pokemon (which is ancient and future pokemon), and we seen the ancient mons of Amoongus and Jigglypuff. However they're like in UB from Gen 7. My question is how does the ancient and future mons "influenced the battle someway?" And how does this "New Concept" similar to Mega Evolution? Do they gain some sort of Stat boost like Megas and UBs

Also the RFakes are consider pokemon clones of the original, but they don't have relationship with the originals one, they're completely new mons, but similar to original one.

Finally, I think Kaka mention about Alpha pokemon from Pokemon Legend Arceus, could be returning or boss pokemon that's similar.

Here's the topic discussed by SoulsilverArt on Twitter:

It looks like we got:
1. Gimmick
2. RF (Regional Form)
3. Time Warp Mons
4. RFakes
5. Alpha/Boss Pokemon

The only things need to be leaked out by Kaka is Flag System, Racing System, and Apha/Boss Pokemon.

• Level-scaling doesn't have to be universal, heck, it probably won't be. Your route 1 Skwovet won't suddenly have to become a level 80 one later in the game.
The wild area level 60 caterpie syndrome

Also on the new concept mons, unless they are also the same types as the originals I wouldn't see them as dex padding, it's basically just regional variants, would them having a new dex slot really make them padding when variants aren't?

Last edited:
I'll wait and see the execution with the rfakes, but this could easily seem like weird dex padding if done poorly, haha.

Yeah this is my general feelings towards them right now as well.

Also, if vampire Jigglypuff can get a dex slot, why can't Alolan Vulpix? It's popular enough. It seems like the reason why these RFakes will have their own dex slots (and their own names) and other regional variants won't is going to be pretty arbitrary.

It sounds like a headache.

I hope there's something more to these RFakes....like they have another form or something that changes them more drastically because right now they're kinda coming across like discount Mimikyus.

Is this from Khu or Kaka? Because Khu said Quaxly has the best design but he'll do the first playtrough with Sprigatito because it's a feminine design (Yes, I know -.-) and that Fuecoco 3 is "meh".
If this is from Kaka, then both leakers agree on Quaxly having a good design and I'm glad to hear that.
Imo Fuecoco3 will be a cool concept but people want Charizard all over again. It's basically like Inteleon, which in my opinion is the best idea of gen 8 in terms of Starters but poorly introduced to the game because of its model.
It's from Kaka.

Quaxly will probably end up being my favorite too, but i can't wait to see Fuecoco3. It sounds like it's going to be really different.

Is it weird to anyone else how we have two versions, one that focuses on the past and one that focuses on the future.....and yet the leakers so far only seem to be talking about ancient forms? (I guess there is the "time warping" but I feel like the leakers have been super vague about that gimmick so far.....)

It makes me wonder if these RFakes are related to the future somehow. Maybe they're actually robots/androids?

Yeah this is my general feelings towards them right now as well.

Also, if vampire Jigglypuff can get a dex slot, why can't Alolan Vulpix? It's popular enough. It seems like the reason why these RFakes will have their own dex slots (and their own names) and other regional variants won't is going to be pretty arbitrary.

It sounds like a headache.

I hope there's something more to these RFakes....like they have another form or something that changes them more drastically because right now they're kinda coming across like discount Mimikyus.
Genuinely curious- what is the benefit of having a unique dex slot that Alolan Vulpix is supposedly missing out on?

Dex slots don’t guarantee being in any game or getting anything special. it’s just a classification system- Alolan Vulpix is a version of Vulpix just like Kantonian Vulpix. However, this ancient/counterpart Jigglypuff is a relative of Jigglypuff or otherwise somehow connected to it, but is not a Jigglypuff.

Is it about Alolan Vulpix being limited to Alola? My Alolan Ninetales in Hisui begs to differ. Plus I definitely see them expanding the idea of where regional variants can be found- for example, finding Alolan Vulpix naturally in an icy area of the Gen 11 region despite it not being Alola.

Also I'm very confused; I thought the Jigglypuff and Amoongus were confirmed to not be Rfakes and instead are something else.

Khu has only said that the not dugtrio thing is an Rfake. So like, I don't understand what the distinction is going to be if they're both pokemon that look like other pokemon but are not that pokemon.

And I really don't get what Khu means by comparing the jigglypuff and amoongus to UBs. I saw somewhere that these forms do not evolve and I really hope that's not true. That would be really weird.

please, please, please let there be a trailer next week. The girafarig evo was super cool, but none of this other stuff is making any sense.

Back
Top Bottom