• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

And I really don't get what Khu means by comparing the jigglypuff and amoongus to UBs. I saw somewhere that these forms do not evolve and I really hope that's not true. That would be really weird.
The only thing I can come up with is that they are their own sub-category of pokemon, just like how UB's are a sub-category of legendary pokemon. So basically the only difference between the Rfakes and the "new concept" is what they are classified as?

Pokemon has only two weeks until Digimon pulls up in its convertible and wisks me away with Digimon Survive. :p

Funnily enough at this point the only thing I care about is the pokemon themselves and maybe trainer designs. And maybe little world building things but otherwise with the storylines in most pokemon games I just charge through them so I can faff about doing stupid things like cooing at stunky when he's doing a sit. What a good boy. Sitting like a people. Ohh my goodness he doin a sit.

And when the cuties walk up to me and are like ":D friend! Hi friend!" I just about die. BABIES.

Also I really hope there's at least one wild pokemon that's like Paras in Legends. Adorable and unintimidating looking, but gosh darn it to heck he's gonna pick a fight with ya! Lookit him go!!

Also I'm very confused; I thought the Jigglypuff and Amoongus were confirmed to not be Rfakes and instead are something else.

Khu has only said that the not dugtrio thing is an Rfake. So like, I don't understand what the distinction is going to be if they're both pokemon that look like other pokemon but are not that pokemon.

And I really don't get what Khu means by comparing the jigglypuff and amoongus to UBs. I saw somewhere that these forms do not evolve and I really hope that's not true. That would be really weird.

please, please, please let there be a trailer next week. The girafarig evo was super cool, but none of this other stuff is making any sense.
I explained the currently-understood distinction between them on the previous page.

Also I'm very confused; I thought the Jigglypuff and Amoongus were confirmed to not be Rfakes and instead are something else.

Khu has only said that the not dugtrio thing is an Rfake. So like, I don't understand what the distinction is going to be if they're both pokemon that look like other pokemon but are not that pokemon.

please, please, please let there be a trailer next week. The girafarig evo was super cool, but none of this other stuff is making any sense.
That's correct.

Jiggly and Amoongus are the "new concept" mons. Those re NOT rfakes

The new water eel is a RFake.

2159455E-B590-4500-AB13-9242F35F7411.gif

NEW LEAK OF QUAXLY3!!!!

They're gonna have to come up with a real good explanation on why these pokemon aren't regional forms. Or whatever they are. Because they sound like regional forms. And that jigglypuff looks even less variant than the Orange Island pokemon around professor Ivy's house. Though we did only see its face. Maybe its got bat wings and a spikey mohawk or something and is dark type. Amoongus looks like the kind of variants you'd see before regional forms were introduced. Looks basically the same with only slight differentiations based on other mushrooms. And from what I saw it kinda resembles those ink cap mushrooms with the goo drippling off the edges of the cap.

And hopefully these rfakes are more like Sudowoodo and Lurantis style fakes (sudowoodo is not a tree and lurantis isn't a bug) and not mimikyu style fakes (a pokemon we never see the real form of because its just wearing fabric it made to look like a pikachu. we're not seeing an actual pokemon, just a puppet of one). Though I dunno why we need a new variant term gimmick in the first place because, like I just said, we already have some faking mons. And unless the rfake still looks easily different from what its faking if you get a good look at it and not a quick glance... I'mma be referring to them as 'lazy recolor forms'. Like I'm hoping for a spider mon that only looks like a durant at first glance but then you take a good look and really see the differences and not something that looks exactly like a spinda only its dots are stripes and its head opens up into a weird mouth. One of those is creative. The other one is stupid. <3

Am I rambling coherently? I can't tell my back is killing me and I feel kinda tired so I should probably lay down again...

Pokemon has only two weeks until Digimon pulls up in its convertible and wisks me away with Digimon Survive. :p

Funnily enough at this point the only thing I care about is the pokemon themselves and maybe trainer designs. And maybe little world building things but otherwise with the storylines in most pokemon games I just charge through them so I can faff about doing stupid things like cooing at stunky when he's doing a sit. What a good boy. Sitting like a people. Ohh my goodness he doin a sit.

And when the cuties walk up to me and are like ":D friend! Hi friend!" I just about die. BABIES.

Also I really hope there's at least one wild pokemon that's like Paras in Legends. Adorable and unintimidating looking, but gosh darn it to heck he's gonna pick a fight with ya! Lookit him go!!
Same here, I've been waiting for years for Survive so I'm going to be spending all of my free time for the next month on that game.

And I hope for another Paras as well, that little bug was persistent.
View attachment 161813
NEW LEAK OF QUAXLY3!!!!
Quaxly must DANCE!

They're gonna have to come up with a real good explanation on why these pokemon aren't regional forms. Or whatever they are. Because they sound like regional forms. And that jigglypuff looks even less variant than the Orange Island pokemon around professor Ivy's house. Though we did only see its face. Maybe its got bat wings and a spikey mohawk or something and is dark type. Amoongus looks like the kind of variants you'd see before regional forms were introduced. Looks basically the same with only slight differentiations based on other mushrooms. And from what I saw it kinda resembles those ink cap mushrooms with the goo drippling off the edges of the cap.
I imagine it will be explained away as Convergent evolution. Regional Variants are the species splitting into two forms, while Rfakes are Pokemon who aren't related but just evolved similar traits hence why they have a different name. But the third category yeah idk they seem like they could have just been Regional Variants.

That's not a real leak, right?
Haha no. Just BASED on a real leak- Khu saying Quaxly becomes something that blends a peacock and dancer. The natural conclusion is Pave from Animal Crossing.

And unless Quaxly3 looks awful in execution, I WILL be having an Animal Crossing naming theme for this game, starting with my Quaxly named Pave. lol

1658016378844.png

Comments are surprisingly positive over an image that is, literally a recolor. But generally I think some people (Including Khu to a certain extent) are overexaggerating how similar these mons will actually be.
Honestly the only way I will actually actively dislike this concept instead of just not caring for it is if they also happen to be the same type as they mon the are based on, in which case yeah I could understand the complaint.

View attachment 161816
Comments are surprisingly positive over an image that is, literally a recolor. But generally I think some people (Including Khu to a certain extent) are overexaggerating how similar these mons will actually be.
Honestly the only way I will actually actively dislike this concept instead of just not caring for it is if they also happen to be the same type as they mon the are based on, in which case yeah I could understand the complaint.
Who's "Titan"?

Haha no. Just BASED on a real leak- Khu saying Quaxly becomes something that blends a peacock and dancer. The natural conclusion is Pave from Animal Crossing.

And unless Quaxly3 looks awful in execution, I WILL be having an Animal Crossing naming theme for this game, starting with my Quaxly named Pave. lol
That's cute. I just restarted animal crossing new horizons. Maybe I'll name a pokemon after my favorite villager Lolly.

I'm probably not saying anything new, but based on what I've read so far, I think the most likely interpretation of the new gimmicks/forms is probably something like this:

• The Crystal Gimmick, which both Khu and Kaka mutually refer to as "the gimmick" and I think not many people are too confused about, aside from the exact mechanics of what's involved.

• The category the New "Jigglypuff" and "Amoonguss" Pokemon fall into, which Kaka calls "ancient" and Khu just calls a "new concept", which are presumably time displaced ancestors or descendants of the Pokemon they look similar to, and are "like UBs" in that they "gather in groups" or perhaps have an explicit separate category acknowledged by TPC.

• A small group of new Pokemon which Khu calls "RFakes", which he also claims people are confusing with the "New Concept" described above. These are Pokemon that have outward similarities to older Pokemon "for meme reasons", but are otherwise completely unrelated. The example used is a Water-type eel which comes out of the ground and has a face similar to Diglett. A possible comparison I've seen is that these "RFakes" are more like Boufallant and Tauros, or Luvdisc and Alomomola.

This is just my own speculation, but I think that unlike the "New Concept", the "RFakes" are not a real "category" of Pokemon in the same way UBs are, and Khu just made up the term to intentionally confuse his audience and flaunt his insider status, which is kind of part of his "brand" at this point. If I recall correctly, he even said that "R" does not stand for "regional" at one point, so I wouldn't be surprised if he comes out later to reveal that "R" stands for something completely unrelated or offensive.

If we take that out of the equation, we can see that there's really only two brand new concepts being introduced in this generation, which I think is a lot less overwhelming and redundant. As others have said though, it would be nice to get a new trailer soon to confirm at least some of this info, as well as get a straight answer for what's really going on.

Back
Top Bottom