• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's BMGF? I assume the B stands for Bulbagarden and the F stands for forums but what about the M and G?

Oops, sorry, my mistake then. I don't think you're too far off though. The real thing would probably just be much longer and more "eel-like", assuming that its based on the garden eel like others are speculating, and taking reference from the super-long Geyser Diglett fakemon art Khu quoted.
Yeah, you're probably right about it being longer.

No hard feelings. I'm honestly just kind of attached to my idea. I was thinking they might be more like nematodes. I wanted to keep the body shape as close to dugtrio as possible while still making it look like a different species. I'll probably be disappointed if it doesn't turn out like this now.

I admit I'm a bit unsure on the whole "fakes" thing but I'll have to see exactly what it ends up being.

What's BMGF? I assume the B stands for Bulbagarden and the F stands for forums but what about the M and G?
I believe Bulbagarden's full name is/used to be Bulbasaur's Mysterous Garden Forums.

Is cradily supposed to be in the games? Where is that coming from?
There are no fossils in this game - you are correct.

One of the leaked images from Kaka, however, resemebles Lileep - Similar purple color and and Small Yellow Eyes. An early theory before no fossils were confirmed is that the flower mon is Lilleep. Now we are unsure.

600px-345Lileep.png
FXeCHqJWYAAlwvz.jpg

Although, if we are getting forms from throughout time, it might make sense to have non-extinct versions of fossil pokemon somewhere in the game?

Of if there is a focus on convergent/divergent evolution through the forms of ordinary Pokemon (and possibly the legendaries), then this could also be that?

Oh yeah, maybe that's how the two legendaries relate to each other, one is the "new concept" or maybe Rfake form of the other, sense we know both of those have new names and Pokedex numbers. Doubtful, but possible!

There are no fossils in this game - you are correct.

One of the leaked images from Kaka, however, resemebles Lileep - Similar purple color and and Small Yellow Eyes. An early theory before no fossils were confirmed is that the flower mon is Lilleep. Now we are unsure.

View attachment 161820View attachment 161821
Omggg I never noticed how insanely similar to Lileep that looked.

I’m pretty sure that’s a time-warp version of Lileep!!! The leakers have only said there were no fossils. A time-warp or “true” version of the fossils would NOT be fossils-they would be regular Pokémon you catch.

A few tidbits from Kaka:

Fuecoco’s evo is quadrupedal.
Smoliv’s evo (not sure how many it has) is a full olive tree.
There’s a black Tauros in the game.
Pawmi’s evo is Electric/Fighting.

Sort of story spoilers:

Sada appears only in Scarlet.
There’s no 3rd legendary.
So sad the first electric/fighting pokemon is such a boring design.

They really said “remember how Poliwhirl got a little bigger and we added Fighting type? Let’s go back to doing that!”

I must admit there’s a certain… nostalgia to the concept.

Sometimes I forget Digimon has games and is in fact still alive.
It's kind of weird you forgot cause Digimon has had better games in the last 7 games than Pokémon has. It's funny how it always used to be the better anime but now the games are also getting there. Unfortunately Digimon will never get as big as Pokémon and I'm on a Pokémon forum so Pokémon fans will just scream at me for it.

Not to mention the one that's currently being delayed due to changes in engine is one everyone is looking forward cause of the amazing premise they showed off.

Bit upset Sada (And I guess mister Crypto too) seemingly are completely exclusive to the games. I had at least hope for them to feature in the other story, just not as professor.

Interesting that the Pawmi evolution is Electric/Fighting type. I actually thought it might be when I first saw the image. It kinda looked like it could throw a punch. (It sorta reminded me of Bewear)

I wonder if Khu considers gen 5 Pokemon to be "Rfakes" of gen 1 mons. What I mean is I wonder if some pokemon coming out if the ground is enough for him to make the comparison to Dugtrio. I wouldn't put it past Khu to exaggerate.

Are the "Rfakes" something Kaka has mentioned or is it just Khu?

I read a really convincing theory and I haven’t seen it mentioned so I’m gonna pass it along. The ancient and “rfake” forms might be version exclusive. The ancient forms come from the past in Scarlet and the rfakes are actually descendants from the future in Violet. So they’re two sides of the same concept essentially. It would make trading super necessary to complete the dex but that’s not something GF wouldn’t do lmao

Interesting that the Pawmi evolution is Electric/Fighting type. I actually thought it might be when I first saw the image. It kinda looked like it could throw a punch. (It sorta reminded me of Bewear)

I wonder if Khu considers gen 5 Pokemon to be "Rfakes" of gen 1 mons. What I mean is I wonder if some pokemon coming out if the ground is enough for him to make the comparison to Dugtrio. I wouldn't put it past Khu to exaggerate.

Are the "Rfakes" something Kaka has mentioned or is it just Khu?
If I recall correctly, "Rfakes" is a term that only Khu uses. I can't find the exact post/source, but I also think when Kaka was asked about the Diglett/Dugtrio, he didn't call it an "Rfake", but explicitly said it was not like the Jigglypuff or Amoonguss Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom