• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So,

Around 7-8 'RFakes/Convergent forms' - Khu said something like that, no? I'm not sure anymore.
Around 8-9 Time-warped Pokémon - Confirmed by the leaker.
Around 2 regional forms (Wooper and Tauros) - Confirmed by the leaker.
Currently 6 cross-gen/regional evolutions (Regional Wooper-evo, new Murkrow-evo, Dunsparce-evo, Girafarig-evo, Bisharp-evo and an unknown gen 1 one). Curious if this will be the final number? Hasn't Khu said something about this?
Around 6 Legendaries (2 mascots + 4 others) - Confirmed by the leaker.

With 120-140 new Pokémon-designs in total, we really seem to get a very high number of 'regular' Pokémon, too. Even if we take the lower count (120) into account. I'm optimistic.

Anyway, this pretty much deconfirms the Sunflora-form. And the regional Hypno.

All of Khu's four 'waifu-Pokémon' (ugh, hate the word, why did he he have to name them that) are also kind of solved:
  • 'Fur fetish': Sprigatito's final evolution.
  • 'Plant fetish': Smolive's final evolution - The feminine Olive tree.
  • 'Loli fetish': The small, pink, feminine, hammer-wielding Pokémon; The ace of an E4-member.
  • 'Hardcore queen' (with the 'd*ck') - This is one is the new Dunsparce-evolution, as its whole name is some kind of pun and means a lot of different things in Chinese. Khu posted a few comments about it yesterday (really vulgar language, again). I wonder if its a feminine design, or once again a pun.
@dashing_stunning Nah, I just feel it's a thing/concept they wanted to do because it's interesting/cool. They could have very well only added only 90 Pokémon, but they chose to go beyond.

With Kaka hinting at 120 ~ 140 new Pokemon, does this mean that TPC does not intend to give the #1000 slot to something special like people were theorizing?

I was starting to think that maybe Ancient/Future Forms and Rfakes were GF wanting to pad out the dex to reach number 1000 by the end of Gen 9, but I double checked and realized they would only need 95 more separate dex entries to do that. In which case they could have just done another "normal" gen with all new Pokemon and reached it easily.

So,

Around 7-8 'RFakes/Convergent forms' - Khu said something like that, no? I'm not sure anymore.
Currently 6 cross-gen/regional evolutions (Regional Wooper-evo, new Murkrow-evo, Dunsparce-evo, Girafarig-evo, Bisharp-evo and an unknown gen 1 one). Curious if this will be the final number? Hasn't Khu said something about this?

With 120-140 new Pokémon-designs in total, we really seem to get a very high number of 'regular' Pokémon, too. Even if we take the lower count (120) into account. I'm optimistic.

Anyway, this pretty much deconfirms the Sunflora-form. And the regional Hypno.

All of Khu's four 'waifu-Pokémon' (ugh, hate the word, why did he he have to name them that) are also kind of solved:
  • 'Fur fetish': Sprigatito's final evolution.
  • 'Plant fetish': Smolive's final evolution - The feminine Olive tree.
  • 'Loli fetish': The small, pink, feminine, hammer-wielding Pokémon; The ace of an E4-member.
  • 'Hardcore queen' (with the 'd*ck') - This is one is the new Dunsparce-evolution, as its whole name is some kind of pun and means a lot of different things in Chinese. Khu posted a few comments about it yesterday (really vulgar language, again). I wonder if its a feminine design, or once again a pun.
@dashing_stunning Nah, I just feel it's a thing/concept they wanted to do because it's interesting/cool. They could have very well only added only 90 Pokémon, but they chose to go beyond.
I've read the leaker said 8-9 were the "future pokemon", so possibly 8-9 ancient pokemon and 8-9 future pokemon.

You know, I wouldn't mind some cross gen pre-evo's turning up in the future...

Also slightly bumped how the gen V evolution isn't one for Druddigon. Oh well, Gamefreak has been busy with a lot of cross-gen evo's lately, so is time might still come someday.

@Joker901 He corrected his comment, stating he means time-warped Pokémon in general.

You know, I wouldn't mind some cross gen pre-evo's turning up in the future...

Also slightly bumped how the gen V evolution isn't one for Druddigon. Oh well, Gamefreak has been busy with a lot of cross-gen evo's lately, so is time might still come someday.

@Joker901 He corrected his comment, stating he means time-warped Pokémon in general.
I would have preferred 30 cross gen pre-evo/evolutions all day rather than ancient/future and clone pokemon. That's a good way to improve an old design.

I heard something about a Primeape-evo.

Oh. My. GOD. If it's true.

EDIT: Yup, he had seen it in the files or something, not in-game.

EDIT 2: The gen 5 crossgen-evo might be Pawniard's instead of Bisharp's.

I heard something about a Primeape-evo.

Oh. My. GOD. If it's true.

EDIT: Yup, he had seen it in the files or something, not in-game.
Sad that it's Pawniard who actually gets a new evolution and not Bisharp. Anyway, I like that line so I guess it's good.

So the information we do have...
  • Kaka is saying around 120-140 Pokemon, including RFakes, Ancient/Futuristic Pokemon.
  • Ancient, Futuristic, and RFakes have a dex number.
  • According to Khu, we have a "little bigger amount of new mons"
  • Khu also says the new forms took up too many dex numbers.
  • We know from Kaka that there's around 8-9 Ancient or Futuristic Pokemon?

Khu said that cross-gen evolutions were 1 2 2 2 5. So I guess this is it with Regional Forms and Cross-gen Evolutions:

RF:
  • Poison Wooper.
  • Black Tauros.

C-GE:
  • Primeape Evo (1)
  • Murkrow new Evo (2)
  • Dunsparce Evo (2)
  • Girafarig Evo (2)
  • Pawniard new Evo (5).
Regional Evolutions:
  • Wooper new Evo

(Still wondering why since gen 8 they have began to give split evolutions instead of bringing back Maractus from the dead.

Last edited:
So,

It does sound promising. It sounds like there are only about 19 forms. (I'm considering the regional evolutions as new Pokemon) So if these numbers are correct that's at the very least 101 entirely new Pokemon this generation which is really good. Personally my ideal number of new Pokemon each gen is always a baseline 100 so if these numbers are true than I think I'll be very satisfied.

I'm not really in love with the concept of the RFakes and the time warped Pokemon who can't evolve (honestly they kind of just sound like they're going to be less interesting Ultra Beasts) but if we're really getting them in combination with a slightly higher number of brand new Pokemon than I guess it won't be too bad.

The idea of "Mimikyu-like" Pokemon is interesting to me (I mean, Mimikyu is one of my favourite Alola mons) but if they're just pallete swaps then it doesn't sound that exciting to me.

Khu said that cross-gen evolutions were 1 2 2 2 5. So I guess this is it with Regional Forms and Cross-gen Evolutions:

RF:
  • Poison Wooper.
  • Black Tauros.

C-GE:
  • Primeape Evo (1)
  • Murkrow new Evo (2)
  • Wooper new Evo (2)
  • Girafarig Evo (2)
  • Pawniard new Evo (5).
You forgot Dunsparce, which makes me think the new Murkrow-evo was a mistranslation.

@Dizzard I also hope the new RFakes are more than just a paletteswap; Even if it's subtle. I like the concept of convergent evolution, though.

@A Wild Luxray He actually corrected himself and said 8-9 timewarped Pokémon in total. So, 'future/past' (or whatever it means) summed up.

RF:
  • Poison Wooper.
  • Black Tauros.

C-GE:
  • Primeape Evo (1)
  • Murkrow new Evo (2)
  • Dunsparce Evo (2)
  • Wooper new Evo (2)
  • Girafarig Evo (2)
  • Pawniard new Evo (5).
(Still wondering why since gen 8 they have began to give split evolutions instead of bringing back Maractus from the dead.

Edit. Wait, I forgot and added Dunsparce Evo...So? Are there more than five and Khu was wrong? Or was he talking about the ones we still didn't know
But Wooper's evolution is regional not cross.

Khu's riddle is about cross evolutions.

You forgot Dunsparce, which makes me think the new Murkrow-evo was a mistranslation.
Yeah, I just noticed it too. Apparently the leaker is not exactly someone who has played pokemon a lot. May it be that when asked if Murkrow had an evolution, he checked the dex, saw Honchcrow and answered "yes"?

Or this. Yeah, this is possible. Can we agree that this gen has too many forms and features happening? I'm already confused.

Yeah, I just noticed it too. Apparently the leaker is not exactly someone who has played pokemon a lot. May it be that when asked if Murkrow had an evolution, he checked the dex, saw Honchcrow and answered "yes"?
It could very well be the case, although he seems to be knowledgeable enough on other parts.

Khu could also have meant 'just' crossgen evolutions, not regional evolutions. Then Wooper's spot has to be eliminated for Murkrow's, as he gets a regional form.

EDIT:
There's an ancient Misdreavus-species and a future Delibird one! Interesting how a lot of gen 2 designs get some kind of love/reiteration.

Does this mean there are both regional and cross evolutions in the game?

Game Freak just said "let's toss everything in......except mega evolutions".

Does this mean there are both regional and cross evolutions in the game?

Game Freak just said "let's toss everything in......except mega evolutions".
Just like Hisui with Ursaluna (cross-gen) and Sneasler (regional).

@Joker901 Yeah, the Gen 2 love is real with Hisui and now with SV. Even though these timewarped forms are unique species.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom